Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 Trailer is out!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thanks! That tentacle thing was lulzy.

So, I take it the duo in this trailer are the Nameless One and Patty after a face-lift?

Shannow

Waster of Time
The trailer itself is quite goodl. Don't like the emo kiddie look of the nameless hero. First thought the pirate might be the hero (looks like a drunken sot which would have been in line with information so far), that would have been cool. The voice was also shit. German voice in the older games is better. The pirate setting and gun powder is also quite jarring.
If they wanted their hero young and in a pirate setting they shouldn't have gone with the same hero...
Lots of bitching...still looking forward to it :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If PB doesn't fuck this up, I think this has the potential to be a fucking goldmine for PB and DeepSilver.

Kraszu

Prophet
Unkillable Cat said:
Month first, then day, then year.

Stupid imperialist measurements...

Yeah how is that even supposed to make sense, middle time measurement/smallest amount of time measurement/ biggest amount of time measurement. wtf how did somebody had decided to make it in that order?

As for the trailer I hope that we will see voodoo as magic, not shooting fireballs that works like rocket launcher in Quake, but that is probably too much to hope for.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaesun said:
If PB doesn't fuck this up, I think this has the potential to be a fucking goldmine for PB and DeepSilver.

I agree. I think PB and their games are shit but this one certainly caught my attention so far. As long as there''s a first person mode I'm happy. :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Perhaps I've missed it in all of the really fucking shitty Previews for this so far, but have they stated yet what combat skills we will be able to choose from yet for this?

Jaesun said:
Perhaps I've missed it in all of the really fucking shitty Previews for this so far, but have they stated yet what combat skills we will be able to choose from yet for this?

Nope. The only confirmed thing is that bows/crossbows are replaced by guns. As for the rest, there are conflicting rumors on the World of Risen - from that everything will remain same as in Risen, to that they completely overhauled the skill system.

I guess that we will have to wait...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I kept noticing the gun option being the only thing mentioned on these builds reviewers have played. I really hope PB didn't LITERALLY mean to add ME to Risen 2, as a shooter only...

oklenny

Educated
lame that patty's back
i left her locked in the cell for a reason

Nael

Arcane
Unkillable Cat said:
Month first, then day, then year.

Stupid imperialist measurements...

:lol:

Why do you people always have to be so different? Don't you know that everything would be easier if you just gave in?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Nael said:
Why do you people always have to be so different? Don't you know that everything would be easier if you just gave in?
yeah... exactly
here's a map of countries not using the metric system:
kkaHi.png

you can carry on with the thread now...

also: risen 2 might be worth paying the full price... something i didn't do in a long time

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fens said:
Nael said:
yeah... exactly
here's a map of countries not using the metric system:
kkaHi.png

you can carry on with the thread now...

also: risen 2 might be worth paying the full price... something i didn't do in a long time

only countries still using Imperial metric system are colonies who rebelled from British Empire and thier nigga infested copy. :lol:

Shannow

Waster of Time
So because the US will not use the good metric system that the rest of the world uses they are also prevented from using the more sensical DDMMYYYY ? ;)
To be fair the good YYYYMMDD also comes from the US, AFAIK (but only the scientific community uses it).

So, what would you guys like to see in Risen 2? How should voodoo be more than "shoot fireballs out of ass and lightning bolts from the eyes"? (I'd also like to remind people that PB always tried to put some utility spells into their selection...)

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Shannow said:
So, what would you guys like to see in Risen 2? How should voodoo be more than "shoot fireballs out of ass and lightning bolts from the eyes"? (I'd also like to remind people that PB always tried to put some utility spells into their selection...)
definitely needs a blood 2 voodoo doll

LordDenton

Augur
When I heard "Risen" at the end of the trailer, my cock rose in excitement. Coincidence? I think not. :smug:

I cannot wait for this game. Seriously. I wanna play it now.

:love: Piranha Bytes

Phelot

Arcane
These cinematic trailers don't move me, but I'm looking forward to the game. The nameless hero looks very emo though, almost makes him look like the dude from Arcania... yeah.

Still, I can't wait for more info.

LordDenton

Augur
phelot said:
The nameless hero looks very emo though, almost makes him look like the dude from Arcania... yeah.

35n9004.jpg

?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom