Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rumor: Bethesda has been in turmoil since the death of their CEO

Sykar

Arcane
I hate Juice head so much.. Every video he spends usually 5 - 7 minutes rehashing shit he's already said, always trying to squeeze out that 10:05 video runtime.
It's so obvious that he's milked his schtick dry..

There's only so much 'hot new leaks' news or 'latest epix mods on nexus LEAKS!!' that you can squeeze out every day.. He could branch out to making lore videos or something but that would require actual work.. instead of him just reading tweets and 4chan posts over his B-Roll shitty gameplay or E3 trailers.

If this moron actually makes a livable wage off this shit I might die a little inside.

I'm really hoping for Cyberpunk 2077 expansion and starfield to release already so he runs out of content.

I feel this way about the vast majority of Youtubers, tbh.

I especially love the game strategy/build videos where the guy talks like he's some authority with 30 minute+ videos that describe basic game mechanics incorrectly because the YTer has the IQ you'd expect from someone who doesn't have a real job and spends their time making shitty Youtube videos.

It is not the YouTubers fault though but the retarded algorithm which prefers quantity over quality with the 10 minute mark being the only extra bar added into the mix.

Egosphere

Arcane
In all fairness, TES is a pretty boring piece of fiction, it's one of the most popular examples of utterly generic high fantasy.
... And that's without getting into Michael Kirkbride's background lore for the setting, or the oddities provided for The Elder Scrolls Online by Lawrence Schick.
Or the other continents. I always thought Akavir would have been cool to see.

Not.AI

Learned
It is not the YouTubers fault though but the retarded algorithm which prefers quantity over quality

No idea if this rumor is true or not, but the whole ten minute video thing is supposedly a result of a strategy by YouTube to compete with Netflix; they wanted content creators to make films for free and post, not pay to create their own films, so they had the algorithm boost videos longer than ten minutes that are watched consecutively for five, and hoped people would notice that. They did. The video interview and facetime podcast industry on YouTube was suddenly created. Actually a good result. Long form discussions came back. Only minus is that now all videos are encouraged to be either very long or very short. Whatever their content.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It is not the YouTubers fault though but the retarded algorithm which prefers quantity over quality with the 10 minute mark being the only extra bar added into the mix.

Ohh Woe is the poor yout00ber.

How else can I stretch this 30 second headline I aped off another website into a 10:05 video..!

Do more research and invest more time into the topic?
Or maybe.. not make a video at all since I clearly don't have anything worth talking about..?
Or maybe... nah fuck it, inter-splice a 2 minute raid shadow legends ad and rehash 7 minutes of content from my last 3 videos.

I guess... they are setting the bar a few inches above some parasite sitting on twitch watching Gordon Ramsay reruns live and spooning cereal into their mouth for 6 hours... but just barely.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
maxresdefault.jpg

Youtube is shit, I thought it was already established?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Bethesda has their priorities in the right place. They care enough to offer delay after delay to ensure that they provide nothing but the highest quality games. Starfield and Redfall are this years two biggest games. They transcend simple gaming culture. They are both worthy of so much more. Things like fashion. Yep, you heard that right.

Designers Ingrid Norberg and Linn Hermander had the opportunity to create the looks, inspired by Redfall and Starfield respectively. Norberg penned an edgy but sleek outfit inspired by the post-apocalyptic world of Redfall, while Hermander opted for a stylish, retro space aesthetic akin to the interstellar vibes shown in Starfield.

The person lucky enough to be privy to the styling of Redfall would go on to say

“I got hooked on the slightly hip-hop street style hit by an apocalypse,” Norberg says. “The colors are clear and at the same time soiled in their shades, which creates a lovely feeling of constant twilight.”

The lucky person who was able to design with the awesome "nasa punk" theme as inspiration says

“It was important to me that the look should not feel like a costume,” Hermander explains. “Even though cosplay is so incredibly cool, I wanted to emphasize that you can combine fashion and games. The two so easily become completely different worlds, but one does not have to exclude the other.

Here is the article for your reading pleasure.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/04/26/redfall-and-starfield-fashion-elle/

Things are looking bright for the future at Bethesda, as not only a leader in gaming, but now entering the fashion design market as well.

ELLE-GALA-Group-Shot-cc42c7d0c7c9a6551c2a.jpg

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Was a pretty cool game.
It is one of the greatest RPGs of all time. But fair enough.
Then why is it so fucking boring?
Dude, it is fine to not like a game. I do not like AoD. Does not mean that it is not a good game.
a boring game is not a good game
What bores you might not bore someone else. Ya know how those opinions work right? Geeeeeeez....

That being said AoD was boring.

Gorgutz

Barely Literate
I don't know what you guys expected, but everything that becomes mainstream turns into shit. So I am hoping with new shit like Voice AI and whatever's cooking up underground will help indies to close the gap between AAA companies and hopefully kickstart a new incline era.
inhales hopium

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You know, those pictures dont look bad to me. Mostly all white people who look like they would play the games they are making. What is the problem exactly?

Ryzer

Arcane
You know, those pictures dont look bad to me. Mostly all white people who look like they would play the games they are making. What is the problem exactly?
They look amazingly good so far since Skyrim and Fallout 4, probably the best looking dev team I've seen compared to CD Projekt and others.

Doctor Gong

Literate
(Altman took care of a lot of people, he was by all accounts a good dude)
This is the same guy who manipulated Bethesda's founder Christopher Weaver out of his own company, was intimately involved with the Bank of Credit and Commerce International scandal, and consequently was permanently barred from banking? Perhaps the sycophants at Bethesda sung only praises of their boss, but everything I'd ever learned of that guy gave me the impression that he was a major douchebag.
IIRC, the criminal case fell apart, with the Judge throwing out the main charge, the Jury not convicting him even if he did not mount a defense in the court, and the DOJ forced to drop all the charges. He agreed not to be a banker to get rid of a civil lawsuit the government charged.

When a guy has a ton of charges filed on him and judges throw them out it not much of a case.

Doctor Gong

Literate
Citations eh? Here you go. The NYT link goes over it well.

From the Tampa Bay Times
A jury acquitted Washington lawyer Robert Altman on Saturday of all charges in the BCCI bank-fraud trial, capping the highly publicized, marathon case.

Jurors, who began deliberations Wednesday, found Altman innocent of four counts of engaging in a scheme to defraud bank regulators and of submitting false records for filing with the regulators.

Prosecutors had charged the deceit allowed the outlaw Bank of Credit and Commerce International, whose customers included dictators and drug barons, to secretly gain control of a major U.S. bank, First American Bankshares Inc. of Washington.

Five other counts accusing Altman of engaging in a conspiracy with BCCI, taking bribes from BCCI and falsifying business records had been dismissed earlier.

From NYTimes Feb 4, 1998

Resolving one of the last actions against them stemming from the 1991 collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International, Clark M. Clifford, a former Presidential adviser, and his law partner, Robert A. Altman, have reached a $5 million settlement with the Federal Reserve.

Mr. Clifford -- who advised Democratic Presidents from Harry S. Truman to Jimmy Carter -- and Mr. Altman did not admit to any of the Federal Reserve's allegations.....

...As part of the settlement announced yesterday, Mr. Altman agreed not to participate in the banking industry without approval from the Federal Reserve. The Fed dismissed a similar prohibition action against Mr. Clifford, who is elderly and in poor health.....

https://web.archive.org/web/2021020...ord-and-altman-settle-with-fed-over-bcci.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom