Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] Bioware to get Warhammer 40k licence

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I hope this is true because Lesifoere enjoys this thing for reasons I find unfathomable. She particularly likes the books by Dan Abnett. This positive attention did not go unnoticed by the author:
https://twitter.com/VincentAbnett/status/301629708515299328
https://twitter.com/VincentAbnett/status/313641274915831808
So nice he posted it twice. There's a guy who's utterly thrilled.

Eisenhorn was better than ravenor. Ravenor was too god damn emo. She just likes it because Kara gets terminal cancer cured by the power of love and friendship (and chaos).
Eisenhorn actually had a somewhat credible tale of a guy falling towards chaos because he was too proud and ended up making a series of progressively more dubious moral choices that sort-of made sense at the time because his ego did not allow him to admit when he failed. Even when he went full retard near the end, it was sort-of justifiable (trying to stop a chaos titan from going on a rampage).

I bet she'd be all over the rumored third trilogy though, since that was supposed to focus on Bequin.

Random

Arcane
Patron
If whatever fucking game Bioware makes is about Inquisitors, and they throw in goddamn fucking xenos as party members, I'm going to bomb them.

If they want fucking xenos as fucking party members then make the fucking game based around a fucking Rogue Trader, FUCK

And if there's Xeno romances...

GET OUT YOUR PITCHFORKS LADS

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If whatever fucking game Bioware makes is about Inquisitors, and they throw in goddamn fucking xenos as party members, I'm going to bomb them.

If they want fucking xenos as fucking party members then make the fucking game based around a fucking Rogue Trader, FUCK

Radical Inquisitors, nuff said.

Random

Arcane
Patron

If that's the excuse they use for openly cooperating and/or ROMANCING XENOS then they've fucked up hard. Any inquisitor who walks around with a goddamn Xeno or two in his retinue is going to be shot by pretty much everyone. Doesn't matter how well he trusts the xeno, or how loyal the xeno has proven themselves to the Throne. They're a fucking xeno and there's a whole branch of the Inquisition dedicated to KILLING THEM DEAD!!!!1!!!!

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let me stress it once again: RADICAL Inquisitors. There are Inquisitors with a fucking Daemon Host in their retinue, a few Kroot mercenaries is nothing. The Inquisitorial Seal lets you do whatever the fuck you want. I admit that Rogue Traders are more likely to employ xenos, but they have by no means a monopoly on that.

And Dark Heresy even has second class Imeprial citizenship papers for xenos characters. The galaxy is huge and a lot of things can happen, forgetting for a moment that outside of a Conclave the odds of meeting another Inquisitor are pretty slim (unless he's hunting you for being too radical).

Also Blood Axes.
standard.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

If that's the excuse they use for openly cooperating and/or ROMANCING XENOS then they've fucked up hard. Any inquisitor who walks around with a goddamn Xeno or two in his retinue is going to be shot by pretty much everyone. Doesn't matter how well he trusts the xeno, or how loyal the xeno has proven themselves to the Throne. They're a fucking xeno and there's a whole branch of the Inquisition dedicated to KILLING THEM DEAD!!!!1!!!!

Expect a reinvention of the franchise, designed to appeal to old fans as well as people new to the series.

Erebus

Arcane
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only the dialogue wheel the awesome button romances derp war.

You are the last survivor of a super-secret, super-elite chapter of Space Marines. After seeing all of your brethren horribly slaughtered in a gruesome cutscene, you now find yourself hunted across the galaxy by Chaos cultists, Inquisitors, Tau spies, Eldar assassins, the Bene Gesserit Order Famulous, Orkish pirates, cunningly disguised Tyrannids, an Old One (whatever that may be), an army of Necrons, Dwarfs on bikes and Imperial tax collectors. You don't even know why, though it probably has to do with the awesomeness of your mutated enhanced genes.

Kirtai

Augur
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only the dialogue wheel the awesome button romances derp war.

You are the last survivor of a super-secret, super-elite chapter of Space Marines. After seeing all of your brethren horribly slaughtered in a gruesome cutscene, you now find yourself hunted across the galaxy by Chaos cultists, Inquisitors, Tau spies, Eldar assassins, the Bene Gesserit Order Famulous, Orkish pirates, cunningly disguised Tyrannids, an Old One (whatever that may be), an army of Necrons, Dwarfs on bikes and Imperial tax collectors. You don't even know why, though it probably has to do with the awesomeness of your mutated enhanced genes.
The depressing thing is that the only unbelievable bit of that is the dwarfs on bikes. I can totally see a game with everything else happening.

dunno lah

Arcane
Even if after all that Biotarded shit you guys have brought up and if Bioware still does it....aaah, someone just make a Bioware logo with headphones .gif.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think it is just a rumour. Bioware is doing DA 3 and on pre production for ME 4. I don't know even if they are going to make a ME 4 if DA 3 don't sell for the Call of Duty audience. I don't think with EA hemorrhaging money and in a cutting heads frenezy, they are going to invest in another Bioware title right now. But it would be funny to watch a LP of a grimdark 40k game made by Bioware and laugh of the retarded stuff they are going to make and the butthurt OVERFLOW from 40k fans. It is going to be hard for Bioware to surpass what they did with DA 2 in terms of retardation.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Games Workshop did announce they're going to license out WH stuff to individual developers/publishers instead of signing an exclusive timed contract as it was before (with THQ). So, a Dawn of War 3 from Relic does not exclude other developers making 40k stuff too.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
Fucking INCLINE.

I don't care what the majority are whining about round these 'here ways, this could work out ok.

In a popamole-tastic type way.

DarthBehemoth

Learned
Is it too much to hope Obsidian got the license instead?
Honestly? I think it will work out. Bioware games always had a shit story, but gameplay was (most of the time) pretty medicore and enjoyable. Obisidian might give us a better story (How can you change the nature of a space marine HURRRR)

evdk

Patron
I think that MCA could make an interesting chaos cultist game.

Obviously not something like the "Rah rah Dark Gods, cut my own throat for Khorne" kind of cultists, more something like the unlucky dregs of humanity like the ship's crew in the Night Lords series.

DraQ

Arcane
I think that MCA could make an interesting chaos cultist game.
I don't know *what* MCA would do, but I know a pattern when I see one.

They've let MCA near D&D (ok, PS is already pretty :obviously: for D&D but inherits its many failings) and PS:T happened (later MoTB, but I haven't played it - had original CD but somehow lost it - FFFUUUU-).

I haven't played KOTORs, but from what I've heard letting MCA near SW had similarly inclineful effect.

I'd love to see MCA getting his His :obviously: hands* on WH40k lore.

*) Yes, even his hands are monocled.
:mca:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why not Bethesda? They could do a better job raping WH40K lore.

Behsesda would make decent hike simulator out of it... bland and unmemorable. What WH40K need is shock and awe: Gay Space Marines... Romancable Sisters of Battle with Dady issues... Blood Warlock Edar teens with hunger for Force Commander Shepardus Cock and Noble Orc Warriors with troubled past! Shit will be both AWESOME AND MAJESTIC and maybe then Mat Ward will be banished back to the warp. Full Derp Ahead! :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom