Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sacred 3

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I long to live in a reality where gamers are intelligent enough to realize that, just because the product has the same IP or Studio name attached to it or superficially looks similar, does not mean it has anything at all to do with the games which preceeded it.

It's like going into Shindlers List 2, directed by Uwe Boll, expecting the same quality as the original. Gamers, being the slackjawed fucking ingrates they are, have yet to uncover this shocking concept.

And moviegoers, and comic fans and. . . gee it's almost like people are stupid.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's like going into Shindlers List 2, directed by Uwe Boll, expecting the same quality as the original. Gamers, being the slackjawed fucking ingrates they are, have yet to uncover this shocking concept.
He did that. It's named Auschwitz. It was rejected by being too brutal.

The difference is movie makers are not entirely stupid and they keep names and protect them against abuse. Which is reason for the above name.

Explorerbc

Arcane
And yet, this is still selling pretty well, I think it even rose from yesterday and its currently no 4 on steam. I love the complaints from the people who spent 50 euros without thought on this and now want a refund.

Bahamut

Arcane
And yet, this is still selling pretty well, I think it even rose from yesterday and its currently no 4 on steam. I love the complaints from the people who spent 50 euros without thought on this and now want a refund.

Serves them right

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What the fuck.

No wonder this has been hidden till release. OMG what a piece of shit.
You know what this is in a nutshell? Its a clone of Xbox Live slashers that arent that good to start with, and with shitty char/level progression that cell phone games have. You gonna be playing this on iPad before the years end. 50 euros? Wow. Burn it. Burn it with fire.
Its like that Halo game released recently, only difference is that Halo game is 10 times cheaper(5 euros). And I bet that Halo turd even plays better than this piece of shit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Still sixth place on Steam despite all the reviews being negative. Lots of idiots with money in the world.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Gosh, that's a lot of red. I felt compelled to save it for posterity. Not even :popamole: want it.

a138a91806.gif

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Metro, you're just disgruntled because it's $50 instead of $10 $5 a free gift from a Codex Steam friend. :troll:

...Holy fuck, they're charging $50 for this shit? Jesus Christ, I'm disgruntled, too. :lol:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Where's my copy of STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR CITIZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN?! And, yes, the price tag is laughable. Especially considering Torchlight 2 is $5 on sale almost every month.

DaveO

Erudite
If the game is coming up Not Recommended, then why is it in the top 10 on Steam?

I knew back when the changes were announced that this would be bad. There are other action RPGs like Torchlight 2 as was mentioned earlier that are far better and cheaper. Too bad Unbended will likely never see the light of day.

Martius

Liturgist
If the game is coming up Not Recommended, then why is it in the top 10 on Steam?
Its party of already established franchise and Deep Silver probably spend enough money for promotion. Usually new releases stays as top seller for some time, during holiday it can be longer since release schedule is pretty dry.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Look to that bunch of little retards on Steam, anyone with two brain cells already knew this thing would suck balls. I can't even have the hope those retards learning the lesson of not pre-ordering any game or buying without even knowing something about the thing they are buying... Most of them are doomed to be made fools again and again, ah humanity...you never change.

Last edited:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
BUCGquO.png

Lowest user score I've seen in a while. Good thing there's enough choice in the genre so we don't really have to pay attention to this piece of shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Deep Silver is probably the next 'major' publisher that will go bankrupt. Granted this sold well but a lot of the stuff they've been putting out recently is cash-grab IP milking. Derp Island, Saints Row, Risen, and Sacred. I think the Metro series is the only one fairly popular with mainstream gamers.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ahhh, good good. Eventually Blizzard will waste significant sums of cash gobbling up those IP's and do nothing with them. It's all going according to plan.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deep Silver is probably the next 'major' publisher that will go bankrupt. Granted this sold well but a lot of the stuff they've been putting out recently is cash-grab IP milking. Derp Island, Saints Row, Risen, and Sacred. I think the Metro series is the only one fairly popular with mainstream gamers.

You forgot Homefront. But isn't Saints Row popular too?

Deep Silver is a subsidiary of a multinational conglomerate, Koch Media (no relation to American Kochs). They might be shut down or downsized, but they won't go bankrupt.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Saints Row is sort of popular. Maybe I'm overestimating people but I thought a lot were aware that SR '4' was an expansion/DLC for 3 that Deep Silver pushed out as a full fledged sequel for the money.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The original Sacred team are now working on a spiritual sequel, Unbended.

Jesus Christ what is it with these fucking Euro-doofuses and their inability to pick non-ridiculous names? Get a goddamn native English speaker to check this shit out before you decide, it is not brain surgery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom