Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:shredder:

LwErzzx.jpg

Goddamnit, Morte! :rage:

pippin

That's when TNO understood what that guy meant when he said that stuff about growing strong.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The moment of their first attack was a glorious. Machinegun is a better choice for them, since they move to fast when you are alone in the room.
Overall it's a very good replacer, the numbers of monsters is moderate, there are some nasty traps here and there plus Astral's favourite "move carefully towards the red key" which you can see on a screenshot. All those JoJo key grabbing in Blood weren't wasted.

Custom monsters and the other revmaped one are cool addition. Other than nasty imps (there are grey ones, slower too) the new lost souls that can shoot plasma are pain in the ass and they can kill you quickly if you have no armor on you. We stumbled upon jihad soldiers aka Serious Sam ones too, which detonate after kill. Maybe there will be something new on those two last levels, who knows.

Blonsky

Prophet
Gods: Lands of infinity

7T50CTr.jpg

uUBiQlw.jpg

A village, unfortunately no house can be entered and there are not that many maps.
FUDla4d.jpg

The combat and probably the worst part of the game.
fPdBr5Q.jpg

Volodimir, prince of Slavingrad, from the kingdom of Slawonia. How original.
9silN22.jpg

Possible party members, but need to finish some quests to get them to join.
ST5JG3J.jpg

The middle of the night and everybody is out in the streets trading.
8buLSRx.jpg

The swamp, really hard to move around with all this branches blocking open paths.
bWnUhUz.jpg

Finally got a party member, but at this point i am twice his level, making him pretty useless.
3WhQHfv.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
Unkillable Cat, Gragt is right.

I think this enemy type is a good addition to Doom's bestiary, they're not too dangerous individually but in a horde they become a ferocious fighting force, especially in dark sectors. Killing these and the other dehacked enemies with the wads custom Alpha flavoured arsenal is good fun. That suicide bomber ND mentioned made me laugh out loud, I hope they make a return in later levels.

The overall level design is really good too.

Last edited:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
vri6M1o.jpg

OH YES ! YES ! YES !

Damn, getting to the end of this level was hard. Games back then... finishing this godforsaken sewers level felt like finishing a whole game.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I love games that feature a skill that lets you access the monster manual. Here, it's "Xenology", the higher the skill, the more you know about monsters, so the more you get out of your right click. I think I maxed it out but I'm not sure yet.

8JM0o9U.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
More from the Annah & Morte comedy duo with a special appearance by Nordom.

NmeyLMn.jpg

2qojKzn.jpg

iX5ofxV.jpg

ANNAH AND TNO SITTING IN A TREE...

fsQdO0e.jpg

E4QpDg7.jpg

ajIBbAD.jpg

C5CQQLr.jpg

belated

Augur

Thanks for comprehensive explanation. Which version are you playing: abandonware, GOG? Possible soloing? Yes, those paper dolls are awesome.
I play the GOG version and it works fine. As for soloing, I guess it can be done but I'm not very knowledgeable about this play style. I never soloed any party game, not even IE games. That's how attached to teamplay I am.

There are also 7 recruitable NPCs in the game, two of them temporary, so you could try just creating one character and then fill the entire party (6) by the end. To do that you'd have to take Bert from the start though, so no soloing. Still, a bit tempted to replay it doing that myself now...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom