Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eXalted

Arcane
I hope they change that KUOOOH sound effect on some magic and matrix projectiles.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright, sent an e-mail to HBS and everything seems in order now. The wait for the key(s) begins.

:greatjob:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Had to send them an e-mail too.
Fast reply, quick service, 10/10 would support again.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you for your e-mail! This reply is to acknowledge that we have received your message and will respond as soon as possible.
Please be aware that due to the volume of e-mails we receive, it may take up to a week for us to get back to you.
:negative:
If I don't get my keys...

Edit: got a quick response. All the soundtracks are there, but not the actual game code. I'll wait a bit longer.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
How many hours does Dragonfall take? I'd like to play it before buying Hong Kong on release.

khavi

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Officially the answer is 12-15 hours in length. However, I sunk 30+ hours into my first playthrough. Not sure what my problem is.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is probably twice as long, especially if you do all the side content. Best to hold off on Hong Kong then because Dragonfall is an amazing game that should not be rushed.

Fairfax

Arcane
It is probably twice as long, especially if you do all the side content. Best to hold off on Hong Kong then because Dragonfall is an amazing game that should not be rushed.
I see. No rush, I always do side content, just wanted to know roughly how long it'd take.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Dragonfall is indeed longer than Returns, but I wouldn't say twice as long even with all contents (unless you count redoing the game for different ending as being ''more content'').

Blackguard

Learned
Dragonfall is indeed longer than Returns, but I wouldn't say twice as long even with all contents (unless you count redoing the game for different ending as being ''more content'').

It was over twice as long for me. According to Steam I played SRR 11 hours, and DF 25 hours.

Beowulf

Arcane
I did all the side content I could find and according to steam:
SRR -15 h
DF - 36 h (few hours perhaps was from replaying for a different ending, can't remember exactly now)

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I finished SRR in 29 hours and DF in 31 hours. Played both once, and I tried to do everything.

Zetor

Arcane
The playtime question probably also depends on how quickly you familiarized yourself with the combat/char system. Even though DFDC has made some sweeping changes on a gameplay level (AI, cover, armor), the mechanics are still similar enough so that if you got the hang of it in SRR, you could play through DF much faster.

For what it's worth, my mostly completionist SRR playthrough clocked in at 11 hours, while my non-DC DF playthrough (I skipped the dwarf rigger side mission) was 16 hours.

Fairfax

Arcane
Thanks, guys. Guess my hands will be pretty full between both Shadowruns and the PoE expansion. Hopefully I'll be able to write a good review, I've been looking forward to giving it a shot here since I joined.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What is it with newfags failing to google?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/346940/
There's only the deluxe edition there unless I'm missing something. I guess it'll cost same as SRR/DF?

EDIT: For a limited time before the release of Shadowrun: Hong Kong, get the Deluxe Edition with mp3 original soundtrack and PDF Art of Shadowrun: Hong Kong book included for the same price as the standard version!

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The video on the steam page is still that "footage from SRR and DFDC" shit? Probably should have put together some kind of proper gameplay trailer at some point. Actually, have we seen any decent footage of this?

eXalted

Arcane
2T7Zwek_QgOZ.gif

HZp0dEzkT9Oy.gif

K5TGBzbXTX-2.gif

According to the three trailers we have:
They have my money.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hopefully they'll release a trailer soon. Like, within the next few hours.

Although I get the feeling they might have a big marketing push tomorrow, perhaps in conjunction with whatever big RPG event GOG has planned.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish they would have sent out keys by now. Pre-load would have been nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom