Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Skyrim vs Dragon Age: Two Hour Video Edition

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Dragon Age; Dragon Age 2; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Here's a video:

This video is a retrospective analysis of three amazing contemporary role playing games: Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, and Dragon Age 2. It looks at the strengths and weaknesses of each game's format, as well as the construction of the different game worlds. The video doesn't try to say which game is better, just to examine them all comparatively. It also makes informed speculation on what the play experience of the Elder Scrolls Online and Dragon Age 3 might be.​

Now for a few notes:

1. Never film with the light source behind the person you're filming.

2. Get a proper microphone if you intend to be talking.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Skyrim is much better obviously, how can you even compare.

Also 2:06:37 ...Where do you find this shit

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
First Cradle, now this.
wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

Are these crappy news posts another inside joke I don't get like that creepy Raptor stuff?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
wow so dragon
will watch tonite
thanks DU

Divinity: Original Sin
to be honest, the filming against the light source is a great idea... now it only lacks a scrambled voice sound.

hiver

First Cradle, now this.
wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

Are these crappy news posts another inside joke I don't get like that creepy Raptor stuff?

yeah, why dont you post those videos at your own home, huh, Du? leave us out of it. wtf..

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm only involved in this video/news post because I noticed the phrase "amazing contemporary role playing games" followed by "Skyrim" et al. on the front page. I clicked the link in a blind frenzy, choking down fear and anxiety at the prospect that those might be DU's own words. I thought perhaps our MENSA'd underlord had been claimed by the decline, and am relieved to find that that's not the case.

As long as I'm here, how about some useless pedantry? The correct term is either "role-playing game" or "roleplaying game," not "role playing game."

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Watched as it is more entertaining to watch modern ''RPGs'' on Jootube than play them to the moment he spewed compulsory lieberal drivel about racism and cis privilege... what a good goy faggot. :hero:

I'm glad I only watched up until the turbodweeb starting talking, about 30-40 seconds' worth. If I were always the first to mention that such-and-such video/article/game is filled with liberal and feminist propaganda, I might start to get a reputation. :troll:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the entirety of the site is one giant inside joke that managed to last for over a decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom