Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, what is the Codex actually looking forward to?

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Considering the large amount of crap that's been hitting of late, what RPG's are we actually look forward to? For me? I'd have to say perhaps ME 2 (feel free to flame) and maybe FO3: New Vegas (same again). What I really want to know is, IS there anything to look forward to. AND, I challenge you to not name the most obscure eurotrash title that will never see release anywhere, anyway.

made

Arcane
That's why you don't have a bright future in marketing ahead of you.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Kinda obvious what answers you will get.

AoD, Eschalon 2, new release of Dwarf Fortress

That's it.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
made said:
The Witcher 2, of course. Perfection perfected.

Perfection made divine, surely.

Well, the general opinion of TW among the Codex has soured somewhat, but I think some still look forward to TW2. A few will admit, in some dark corner of their mind, that they're panting after Dragon Age. Some handfuls will be willing to give Alpha Protocol a chance, and a lot want to know what the unannounced Obsidian project is. On the indie side there's AoD, SoW, Cyclopean, however far from release those are.

Oh. And Diablo 3. Not an RPG, but hey, it's Blizzard so lol kek bur. I hear somebody's interested in the next Drakensang too, though fuck knows why.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
made said:
That's why you don't have a bright future in marketing ahead of you.

Wait- you think I work for a great big multinational distribution company, and I'm basically trying to see what our core market is looking forward to, so using those results, I can effectivley order our team to head in that direction?

How flattering.

made

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Oh. And Diablo 3. Not an RPG, but hey, it's Blizzard so lol kek bur.

Actually, yeah. I never got into the first 2 because the whole premise of mindlessly killing stuff for hours on end seemed so ridiculous. Years of playing WoW, however, have warmed me to the concept and I'm actually looking forward to D3. Hell, I'll probably even buy it.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Witcher 2.

Now i still hope Alpha protocol, Dragon Age and mass effect 2 will be good and worth playing.

made

Arcane
Barrow_Bug said:
Wait- you think I work for a great big multinational distribution company, and I'm basically trying to see what our core market is looking forward to, so using those results, I can effectivley order our team to head in that direction?

Yes... yes, that was exactly my point.

Andhaira

Arcane
This year:
Knights of the Chalice
Eschalon 2

In the Future:
Drakensang sequel (prequel storywise)
ASOIAF rpg
Jeff Vogels new game (after the final avernum)

Turok

Erudite
There is nothing to choose, there is no options, we only have Witcher 2, ME 2 and Dragon age.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
made said:
Barrow_Bug said:

Yes... yes, that was exactly my point.

If that were the case my friend I would be too busy and too rich to hang out one of the most hated and moronic forums on the web (trust me, a term of endearment). I would rather be playing Polo and slamming my hot wife, whilst snorting coke through a crystal straw.

HOWEVAR- I thought it more interesting to see what you cretins were looking forward to- game wise.

Black

Arcane
Majesty 2 and Disciples 3.
Would also say AoD but it's obvious it's vaporware now.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
made said:
Lesifoere said:
Oh. And Diablo 3. Not an RPG, but hey, it's Blizzard so lol kek bur.

Actually, yeah. I never got into the first 2 because the whole premise of mindlessly killing stuff for hours on end seemed so ridiculous. Years of playing WoW, however, have warmed me to the concept and I'm actually looking forward to D3. Hell, I'll probably even buy it.

Well, yeah, but in WoW at least there's an element of competition? See how can top the dps meters? Though having said that, I'll probably pirate D3 to give it a try.

Turok said:
There is nothing to choose, there is no options, we only have Witcher 2, ME 2 and Dragon age.

Exit.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Black said:
Majesty 2 and Disciples 3.
Would also say AoD but it's obvious it's vaporware now.

Oh okay. I guess I'm a fucking tard- the whole 'it's out on Thursday' is a gag huh? Shame.

DraQ

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Well, the general opinion of TW among the Codex has soured somewhat
I blame the codexian mindset - "it sells, therefore it sucks".

True, stat developement would benefit from allowing more diversified builds (mind you, they'd still have to fit witcher mould) and in some places the devs evidently tried too hard to be mature (sexcards,
mutated White Rayla
, dryads with bouncy boobs, the amount of fuckable women in game), but all in all it's a very good game and a solid RPG.

Deleted member 7219

Within 12 months:
Mafia 2
Mass Effect 2
Alpha Protocol
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Risen
Dragon Age (could be crap)
Gothic 4: Arcania (could be crap)
Modern Warfare 2 (could be crap)

Indeterminate:
Fallout: New Vegas
The Witcher 2
Half-Life 2: Episode Three
Age of Decadence

xuerebx

Erudite
Age of Decadence
Disciples III
Mafia 2
Alien vs Predator 3

I'm getting these for sure. Then:

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age
Modern Warfare 2
Alpha Protocol
Gothic 4

depending how well they're received.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
serch said:
Alpha Protocol and Age of Decadence, if it ever gets released.

Does anyone honestly know when it's coming out? I would like to know, I really, really would. :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom