Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, what is the Codex actually looking forward to?

TisATrap

Educated
Age of Decadence or nothing!

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Major_Boobage said:
Dungeon Keeper 3

What? Has this even been announced?

The Googles give only the old, cancelled Bullfrog one.

denizsi

Arcane
Plenty of games that have long been released, I own and haven't played but look forward to playing.

NWN2 + MOTB + SOZ + MOTW (I haven't played NWN2 to the end, and haven't played the rest at all yet. I want to.)

BG2 TOB. I still haven't even installed the add on. I should do it sometime.

Actual upcoming stuff:

Age of Decadence.

I've just played Mass Effect, and it was ok. I liked the setting, relative freedom without it being a chore to move around and the low amount of grind. A welcome departure from previous BW games. There was still much idiocy, but they sort of nailed the cinematic approach. I liked it, so ME2 might be a good thing.

Twitcher 2 for sure, though I have to admit, as far as R of PG goes, The Witcher was Mass Effect in medieval setting. Better in some aspects, worse in others.

Alpha Protocol looks and sounds too meh. So far it doesn't look like it will even be half as good as ME. Dragon Age looks terribly boring, and gay. Plus D-Gayder is involved, who I'm more and more inclined to dislike for his shitty taste in shit and the shit he seems to spit.

Risen maybe, only because of my sympathy towards Gothic series.

New Vegas, if only to see whether Obsidian is practically dead yet.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Starcraft 2, Diablo 3.
RPG genre is dead to me, though I'm cautiously watching for AoD if only to see if it isn't yet another indie bubble that will turn out less than mediocre.

Fuck Bohemia for ArmA2, I actually put many hopes into this one.

AzraelCC

Scholar
Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, the new version of Incursion sometime around November I think. Oh, and the Telltale reboot of Monkey Island.

Age of Decadence: obviously, still no battle demo out ffs.

Mass Effect 2: yeah yeah whatever... i liked the soundtrack in ME1 and sci-fi settings are rare so yeah...

And of course the MMO with Tim Cain being the lead, probably the only game i`d pay for on a monthly basis.

Fallout: New Vegas , if it won`t be filled with typical Vegas cliches with one armed bandits on every corner and Elvis singing songs on your PipBoy, that`s one of my biggest worries.

More obvious games: Diablo 3, Starcraft 2

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Majesty 2, Disciples 3, Brütal Legend, Diablo III, Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (seems to be worse than NG 2, but it's still better than no NG), Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, King of Fighters XII. I'll also be keeping an eye on the Castlevania game announced at E3, but whether or not I'll buy it will depend on how exploration/puzzle-heavy it is. GoW-esque combat doesn't really appeal to me.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
RPG specifically, I will be running out the door to buy as soon as it is available:

Alpha Protocol, AoD, THE FUCKING ALIENS RPG THAT BETTER NOT BE CANCELED BUT PROBABLY IS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, Fallout: New Vegas, Eschalon 2.

Will wait for the Bargain Bin (Or the codex suddenly gives them a glowing review... or something):

Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age
Deus Ex 3 (I really have NO hope this will be any good but..)
Diablo 3
Divinity 2 (Not sure about this one)

baronjohn

Cipher
RPGs are dead to me.

I'm looking forward to the next ArmA patch to be released on friday.

Other games I may enjoy:

Cities XL - really itching for a SC game again.

Black

Arcane
Major_Boobage said:
asper said:
Major_Boobage said:
Dungeon Keeper 3

What? Has this even been announced?

The Googles give only the old, cancelled Bullfrog one.

:cry: I am being a little optimistic.
You're being dumb. The only DG in the production is being made by EA and it's an MMO for China.

Vibalist

Arcane
Alpha Protocol, ME2, New Vegas, AoD and the Vampire Requiem MMO. That's it, and although I hear there are some cool indie games in the works I'm really too much of a lazy fuck to check them out. Same goes for Diablo 3, even though the second one was enjoyable.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The Witcher 2, I liked the first one even if it's not in the Codex's good graces anymore.

King's Bounty: Armoured Princess, I just love the original game.

Age of Decadence, whenever it's supposed to come out.

Diablo 3, I hope Blizzard will mix the fun parts of Diablo and WoW, not the bad ones.

Divinity 2, sure, the spin-off wasn't very good but the original game is a classic.

I'm more wary about Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol or New Vegas but we'll see when they're actually out.

Else I'm still thinking about buying Mysteries of Westgate, but I'm waiting a bit since I'm just lost into Gothic these days.

flushfire

Augur
i used to look forward to Diablo 3 until Blizzard announced thered be no more stat allocation.

looking forward to eschalon book 2, AoD, DA and ME2.

Starwars

Arcane
- Age of Decadence
- Alpha Protocol (not to hot on some of the design decisions but I think it looks like good fun)
- Possibly New Vegas

Games I'll probably find some enjoyment in:

- ME2
- Dragon Age
- Diablo 3

Games that could be good but am generally uncertain about

- The Witcher 2 (I thought the first was ok but with the rumors/problems and stuff at the company, I wonder how the second game will be).

There's some stuff outside the RPG/Action RPG genre as well that I look forward to trying out, like Mafia 2 and Tropico 3.

The truely ridiculous thing about gaming is that I have a lot more choices in the hardcore wargaming genre, than I do with RPG's (on computer).

I remember SSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Simulations) started with wargaming, and then totally took off with RPG's. From being a little backyard operator, suddenly they turned big publisher with money rolling in from Dungeons and Dragons games and various other RPG's. Wargaming seemed like it was almost dead.

Now I can hardly find an RPG anywhere, yet for wargaming I can often find at least, often quite a few, choices for any campaign I can think of. And new iterations keep coming out. Between Matrix Games, HPS, Battlefront, Paradox and a number of independant studios, the decks are stacked with goodness in wargaming/strategy.

ElectricOtter

Witcher 2
Avernum 6
Next Jeff Vogel game
AoD
Knights of the Chalice

As you can see, mostly indie titles. It's sad that we have to rely on a small company to give us what we want to see in a RPG while devs are pumping out shit and expecting the masses
to hail it as the best thing EVAR.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Eschalon 2
Knights of the Chalice
Risen
Divinity 2 (God I hope this one is as good as DD1)
AOD (If this ever gets finished)

I an suprised how many RPG'ers on here loved the Witcher. It's more of an action\adventure game and based on that its very well done, but as an RPG I thought it was poor. Great artwork though.

Seboss

Liturgist
Elemental: War of Magic
Sword of the Stars: Argos Naval Yard
Brütal Legend

among other obvious things like AoD, Monkey Island reboot, New Vegas....

1eyedking

Erudite
Age of Decadence.

The Witcher 2, if it ever gets done.

Maybe StarCraft 2, but my interest in it has dropped immensely this year.

And that's it...

Risine

Liturgist
Witcher 2, Diablo3, Deathspank, and perhaps F3 New Vegas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom