Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, White Gold: War in Paradise.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Mighty Mouse said:
SO is Precursors worth the USD 30 or should I not-remove-from-inventory like a good Ukrainian.
Pay Ukrainian prices by Ukrainian money, otherwise Tymoshenko would be pissed. 30 is too much. 12-20 is more like it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Precursors is actually quite decent. Lovely art direction and probably the first mix of a shooter, rpg and space sim I've seen that actually works. Tons of fun just exploring the towns and chatting with the locals. Game really has a star wars meets deus ex meets mass effect feel to it and then you get a ship and it turns into privateer.

Messed around a bit with versions to find the best results though. Russian version, updated to 1.1 and with Wesps 1.2 language patch is the one to go with. All the audio with the best english translation there is. Only thing still bothering me is the silly mouse acceleration which seems inherent to the engine.

Anyway, get this. It's well worth it. Get through the 10 minute tutorial/combat simulator and the game opens up.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I got through White Gold just recently and i must say, its quite amusing, but dont expect any well designed quests. There is a lot of "talking" quests, but most are for the lulz only. Dont expect GTA missions, there are only some basic driving fedex missions or assasinations. Factions give the game a bit complexity. End game is THE definition of popamole.

All in all it is a good time waster popamole, but you can feel a lot of love was put into it. No copy&paste, a lot of dialogs, that never would make it in a western release. Devs and Tech have potential.

I did not encounter any bugs, game is poorly optimized though. I dont know why it didnt get a western release, probably because boiling point was such a bug fest publishers stayed away. <--AoD is doing it right, you got only one chance, dont screw it up.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
jagged-jimmy said:
I dont know why it didnt get a western release, probably
It looks it had a western release:

Xenus 2: White Gold-TRiViUM

Flanged

Scholar
Trash said:
Lovely art direction and probably the first mix of a shooter, rpg and space sim I've seen that actually works. Tons of fun just exploring the towns and chatting with the locals. Game really has a star wars meets deus ex meets mass effect feel to it and then you get a ship and it turns into privateer.

Sounds just about perfect for my needs right now. Thanks for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom