Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Something is lacking (I'm a lurker and I lost my GD access!!)

Brainerdie

Novice
And it's the rating and reading abilities.
Yesterday I discovered a surprising lack of the Rate button. I went to the main page and found out that it looked the same as it used to when my account was less than one year old. I've been lurking here for a couple of years, then made an account almost two years ago. All this time I had been trying to come up with a clever and prestigious post about RPGs, but now I have to write this instead, since such a cruel violation of lurkers' rights cannot be tolerated.
I don't know who did this, but I assume it was Crispy, because almost everything that harms Codexers is his deed (and the only source of joy in his miserable life). I don't care much about the GD or the buttons, but access to the Library is another matter, and I want my rights back.

TL;DR: Lurkers even with an account older than a year now can't rate posts or read GD, Prosperium or Retardoland and this is why Crispy should be decapitated.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DarkUnderlord WhiskeyWolf Didn't take long. :lol:

Yes, this is an intentional change. You can always pay up.
dollars.png

Martel

Novice
After lurking for over ten years I find it in really poor taste to be forced to post in the open like this. Is paying now the only way to access GD or just posting regularly will suffice?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Oh my fucking dunderlord, it's like watching rats crawl out of a flooded ship or something. They emerge one by one, each with 0 posts prior to this thread, each whining and moaning that their hiding place was ruined. How many more of these are there? Why do they lurk in silence? Are these all different people or one insane guy with a bunch of never-posting alts? Why do they lurk in silence?!?!

NIGHT OF THE LURKER ALTS

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After lurking for over ten years I find it in really poor taste to be forced to post in the open like this. Is paying now the only way to access GD or just posting regularly will suffice?
Five posts or five dollars, take your pick.
I'm expecting a surge of well thought posts featuring eloquent mini-essays on interesting subjects out of this change.

Meshugger

Novice
Five whole posts? That's going to be a challenge. Since I got a PS4 back in 2016 I've only played From Software games exclusively, aside from The Witcher 3. The latest being Elden Ring which took about 8 months to finish, so now I have just been biding my time checking the random images thread until the DLC drops. Well until now, that is.

Brainerdie

Novice
Yes, this is an intentional change. You can always pay up.
dollars.png
I cannot use PayPal.
Ratings are for fags.
Maybe, but I want to read the Library, and more importantly, I wanna know why Sir-Tech went bankrupt.
Five posts or five dollars, take your pick.
Yeah, cause everyone has something interesting and important to say and all opinions matter and so on. This ain't fucking Reddit.

The "I'm a lurker and I lost my GD access!!" part in the title was added by a mod, BTW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom