Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Something is lacking (I'm a lurker and I lost my GD access!!)

Modron

Arcane
Incidentally, why are these 3 accounts counted as staff members? Two of them have 0 posts and haven't logged in since 2013 (over ten years ago), and the third has 18 messages, last one also in 2013.
Probably was, or was going to be, some codex hosted subforum for a developer and the codex gave them moderator powers over it.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Incidentally, why are these 3 accounts counted as staff members? Two of them have 0 posts and haven't logged in since 2013 (over ten years ago), and the third has 18 messages, last one also in 2013.
Probably was, or was going to be, some codex hosted subforum for a developer and the codex gave them moderator powers over it.
Yes, but after 10 years can we accept the fact that this hasn't happened, and remove the dummy accounts from staff list?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, but after 10 years can we accept the fact that this hasn't happened, and remove the dummy accounts from staff list?
Maybe on some rare occasions not as useful as some of the current staff, but certainly less harmful than any. So if it was up to me, they'd stay.

Just kidding, love you guys, I want money too!

when-the-rich-pay-their-fair-share-our-elderly-get-better-care.gif

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Never imagined there'd be so many +10-year old accounts that are just for reading the latest political and strategic insights from our resident experts in the politics forum.

Meshugger

Novice
If you check any other forum you always notice due to over restrictive rules that people always post behind a thinly veiled persona. Here it is almost like direct stream of consciousness in comparison which comes of as more authentic. People crave authenticity in this world narratives with no certainties.

Martel

Novice
Never imagined there'd be so many +10-year old accounts that are just for reading the latest political and strategic insights from our resident experts in the politics forum.
Reading Codex shitposts on the latest geopolitical trends has been a part of my routine for so long, I wouldn't even know where to get my information elsewhere. :oops:

trespasser

Novice
Reading Codex shitposts on the latest geopolitical trends has been a part of my routine for so long, I wouldn't even know where to get my information elsewhere. :oops:
QFT, been here since 2004, account created in 2011 when GD was locked for the first time

'Tis a most cruel and unusual punishment, to make a man forsake his vows.

Not sure what is gained by the change, but it's your prerogative. If I were to hazard a guess, I suppose you're worried about phantom accounts leaking screenshots of the mean, evil Codex on other sites and stirring a mob. Frankly I see that scenario more likely with some deranged active user with a bone to pick after some heated exchange.

Anyway, how am I to track the decline of Western Civilization now? Already tried to search for a more prestigious magazine, to no avail.

inthezone

Novice
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Participating is more better than lurking!
Being forced to come up with 5 posts just strengthened my resolve to continue lurking when it's over.

How many posts do I need? I need to investigate the topic about the covid vaxx and if people are going to get one for my doctoral thesis I'm getting at harvard while I make sweet love to Gay. Also is blaine still fly fishing when not working at lowes or did he drop dead from the vaxx? See, this place makes one find soulmates without speaking to anyone. A lurkers paradise!

You esteemed council of international graph paper mapping gods don't need a lowly lurker to muck up your website. I agree with Martel that a lurkers nature cannot be changed, it was set in stone by a cruel twist of fate while still young.
I have thought of donating though since truly this site has given me immense waves of euphoric pleasure when I read for ex. the sir tech threads and all the other craziness since like 2008. I love Cleve.

Magnum Opus

Novice
Hello, gentlemen and troons. I have been lurking around here since 2018. I was going to donate but for now I want to waste spend some money on other stuff for now.

I have not played any games in over two months. The last one I played was so bad that it made me wonder if I ever want to play any games again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom