Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SoZ will have perma death

Saxon1974

Prophet
I like this perma-death.

Times for games to get back to being a challenge like the old days!

deuxhero

Arcane
Raapys said:
I'm not such a big fan of restricting resting, since it puts spellcasters at a severe disadvantage compared to non-spellcasters.

Learn to play them right stupid, a good spellcaster doesn't spam fireball at a foe (direct damage SUCKS) but instead uses instant kill spells, useing them right will let you get threw most enoucnters with only a handful of spells used.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Random HP is not to my tastes. Especially in the 3rd Edition it leads to ridiculous things.

And max HP is not what made NWN2 so easy. There were plenty of more important factors, like how you rarely faced enemies who'd properly use stealth or buffs. And how often you could rest uninterrupted.

But anyway, this is great news. Now Raise spells will have proper uses.

Hence why you make it max at the first level, then every other level has average (d4 gets 2 hp, d6 gets 3 ect)

The Dude

Liturgist
This death system actually sounds rather good, would be even better if the death and resurrection of some characters would have consequences though. Like a healer needing an ingredient to do a resurrection (resulting in a quest) or a resurrection going wrong in some way, making the dead character some kind of undead. I dunno, just random thoughts.

Thrasher

Erudite
just frickin reload, only an ironman would care or "deep" roleplayer, or perhaps a total newb....

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Thrasher said:
just frickin reload, only an ironman would care or "deep" roleplayer, or perhaps a total newb....

:declineofrpgaming:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom