Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spacebourne 2

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

ABOUT THIS GAME​

SB2_v2.png

SpaceBourne 2 is a single-player, open-universe RPG and third-person shooter game with an abundance of features, including role-playing, mining, trading, piracy, crafting, and deep exploration. The story picks up where it left off in SpaceBourne, but now the player's goal is to build a new empire in the galaxy, with the methods of doing so being completely up to the player.

DeepSpace.png

In SpaceBourne 2, players are offered tens of thousands of diverse solar systems to explore. Each system has a unique structure, featuring different planets with varied surfaces and areas to discover. The locations, from the solar systems to the planets, are procedurally generated, ensuring that each system and planet is unique and has numerous points to explore.

SpaceBourne 2 boasts massive planetary surfaces, each with its own structure, climate, and gravity, as well as cities, villages, caves, outposts, and secrets to interact with. With tens of thousands of different planets available, players are given an unparalleled amount of opportunities for exploration throughout the galaxy

ShipAndPilot.png

Every scenario needs a hero.
In SpaceBourne you have two of them; Your Pilot and your Ship
With the new character customization system and the realistic rendering feature of Unreal Engine, you will create lifelike characters and embark on an adventure with your ships that you have modified according to your own preferences.

conqure.png

In SpaceBourne 2, you have the ability to establish your own faction and wield complete control over it. You get to decide on the faction's internal operations, policies, governing principles, and management structure. By expanding your faction's military, capturing other stations and solar systems, or constructing new stations, you can become the supreme ruler of the galaxy.

SpaceBourne 2 offers a rich diplomacy system, featuring Starlords loyal to each faction, as well as houses connected to Starlords. Each house has unique characteristics, stations, planets, cities, and fleets, allowing for diplomacy not only with factions but also with Starlords and Houses.

Diplomacy can now be done not only with factions but also with Starlords and Houses.

The relations of the Starlords in the galaxy can change all diplomatic dynamics in the game. This forces you to think hard before you act.

Crew.png

"Any galaxy is too big for one person to rule. "

In SpaceBourne 2, you are not alone on your journey. You have companions who can assist you in combat and lead your team. Players can assign team members different roles on board based on their skills.

SideEvents.png

GUILDS​

In the game, there are guilds available, a total of 7. The player can join the guilds they choose and progress within these guilds. Each guild can provide numerous side quests to the player within their respective areas of expertise. As the player completes these quests, they can rise in rank within the guild and gain access to unique benefits offered by the guild members.

SIDE MISSIONS​

In SpaceBourne 2, players can expect to encounter side missions scattered throughout the galaxy. These missions not only offer a change of pace from the main storyline, but also provide an opportunity for players to earn extra rewards, learn new information about the game's world and characters, and immerse themselves even further in the game's rich and diverse universe.

LIVING GALAXY​

In SpaceBourne 2, you will enter a living galaxy where opportunities for adventure and intrigue are waiting for you at every turn. With a vast array of spaceships at your fingertips, you can engage in communication with other ships, and experience random encounter events that will pull you into new stories and challenges.
Gameplay:

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Looks like these guys are trying to punch up to Star Citizen (or punch down depending on your perspective). Some Steam reviews are comparing it favorably to Freelancer.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3636130426597014534
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.0.4 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.0.4

NEW FEATURES AND CHANGES :
  • • Fast Travel consoles have been added to large faction stations. For now, they are only available in stations and not yet in outposts or Guild stations.
  • • The player's faction has been added to the Galaxy Diplomacy panel after the faction has been established. Currently, it is only used to view details, but it will become fully functional in future updates.

• • Enemy AI has been improved in space battles.

• • The Russian language has been updated.• Additional indicators and new directions have been added for all missions, and 70% of all main missions have become more balanced and understandable.

• • New tutorials have been added.

BUG FIXES:
Reported by players as follows :
  • • If you open the ESC menu while using the boost on your ship and then load into a saved game, you will hear the boost sound until you restart the game.• During the battle, the comms from other pilots are too loud, even if all volume sliders are turned down.• The asteroid info is stuck at the top of the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to save and reload.• In the "Saving the Anka" mission, after reaching the planet and landing where instructed, nothing happens.• Performance drops significantly in some freelancer missions after passing a certain phase.• The firing effects of some weapons, especially on small ships, are too large and obstruct the player's view.• When trying to enter an Independent faction station, the message "You do not have permission to enter here" appears. If the player interacts with it several times while the message is on the screen, they are sent to a blank station map.• Some places can be too dark on planet surfaces.• If the game is played in a different language, the dialogue with Anka in the "Saving the Anka" mission skips too quickly.•The Mercenary Guild contract I received spawned at the same location as the contract I received from a POI on the planet surface.•Sometimes when my weapons overheat, they don't cool down until I switch to a different weapon group.•Sometimes the mission I accept from the LFP interface is added as a different contract in the "contracts" interface.• In some space stations, the elevator doesn't take me even though I click on it. If I save/load the game at that point, it fixes the issue.• In some planetary missions, enemies that spawn after the player gets off their ship do not move until the player gets close, then they only attack with melee.• In some planetary missions, an infinite number of enemies spawn.• After killing the boss on the 3rd floor of a dungeon in a mission where a character needs to be rescued, the mission does not update.• The game does not pay the player when they hand in captured pilots.• Faction wars can start before the player even warps, and in this case, the warp drive breaks, and the player cannot go to the war zone.• When getting the next ship after the starter ship, all of the HOTAS bindings are lost.• In a Freelancer Guild contract to protect miners, the enemy waves never end.• When capturing a station, the player is left with two contacts for the station, the old one and a new one with "WRA". When warping out and back in, both stations disappear along with the original faction station that was there, but the station still shows up on the building list.• If the player does not have MMB, they cannot advance in phase in an operation mission by pressing Ctrl + MMB.• During a battle with both ally and enemy ships, if the player targets a distant enemy, it moves too fast and is difficult to catch up to.• Some emails received after creating a faction come in empty.• Fixed an issue where shadows on planet surfaces could be too dark in certain cases, and the skylight was not properly illuminating the planet.• A potential crash that could occur when warping to a battle zone was fixed.• The performance characteristics of all effects were readjusted, and potential GPU crashes caused by effects were fixed.• A potential crash that could occur when using ALT+TAB during battle was fixed.• A potential crash that could occur when too many sound sources were playing simultaneously was fixed.• In Early Access version 1.0.3, the issue of the light not appearing when loading a save without sunlight was fixed.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3654146093767181873
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.2.0 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.2.0

• • All Space AI has been reprogrammed from scratch. Now, AI is smarter, more balanced, and more challenging in space battles.• Faction Diplomacy system has been added to the game. Now, factions have their own allies and hostiles and they dynamically interact with them.• Faction Diplomacy actions have been added to the game. Now, players can declare war on factions, or make contracts and take away what they own through diplomatic means.
    This feature is still under development, so there are some missing parts:
    • Enemy factions are not yet attacking your bases (this feature will be added in a few days).
    • Diplomatic sanctions and trade agreements cannot yet be made (this feature will be added in the update on 10/03/2023).
    • This feature serves as the foundation for a more advanced and detailed faction-build system that will be added in the future. It is currently in the early development stage.
    • Faction wars have been improved. Now, AI advances more rationally in the form of command and control in faction wars. And the general of each station also participates in the battles, trying to disrupt the player's tactics. (Experimental)• New high-class ship types belonging to the player's faction have been added. Now, high-class ships are not only available in the interface but also on the battlefield.• Mining/Research/Factory stations have been updated and renewed. Areas for foot combat for faction wars have been re-adjusted.• Japanese language has been updated.• English language has been updated.• Spanish language has been updated.

BUG FIXES:
  • • After conquering a station, the battle section in the "faction" interface still appears.• The Ship Manager interface or bank interface can be accessed from inside a station.• When an enemy dies while performing a melee attack, my character goes into ragdoll mode when passing over the enemy's corpse, and sometimes spins around constantly.• Mining/Research/Factory stations are not being counted for System Conquest and are being duplicated.• Enemy ships slow down after a while in pursuit mode, causing me to lose pursuit.• If my character tries to enter a station while climbing, all lights in the game go out and my character gets stuck at the station door.• Reloading while aiming and then letting go of aim during the reload animation keeps the slower aim sensitivity, even though I am no longer ADS.• If I place a stacked item from the service panel in the bank, the second item I placed in the same stack does not update in the bank.• My drones don't transition to Ally state within 1-2 seconds of their initial spawn, and during this time, they shoot at me if I stand in front of them.• After changing weapon switch keys, when I reach a certain point in the main story, these keys are reset to their default values.• In faction wars, sometimes my ships do not enter the battle area during the Escape route.• Mercenary interview missions take players to gas giants or systems with no planets.• Enemy NPCs can shoot through walls.•In the "kidnapping Mark" mission, if the mission changes to "warp away" after kidnapping the ship, and I do not warp and return after some time, the mission gets stuck and I cannot use the warp drive again.• I cannot enter the Hub station Raditz in the Daillium system. The screen fades and stays that way.• Ally ships spawn as fighters, even if I upgrade them via the Faction panel.• After reading the notes on the Points of Interest (POI) found on planet surfaces, if I open another interface (such as inventory), I am unable to close the POI note. It remains stuck on the screen.• Enemy ships are shooting back without using the default backfire ability as if I am in front of them.• In the Qu-hran mission, I fell off the containers while jumping on the cargo ship, and since I couldn't activate my jetpack, I fell to the ground but my character did not die.• In the Ka-Run mission, I die when the PODs explode.• Every time I use Anka's crew abilities, an explosion effect spawns on my ship.• When warping to a combat zone, I am being attacked by pirates. As a result, a faction war begins but I am unable to access the combat zone.• In the shop widget, if I press the "++" button to buy a stack and then switch tabs without pressing the purchase button, and return to the purchase interface, every time I press the "Buy" button, I buy the entire stack for a single item's price.• My drones are not attacking the enemies around them but are just following them and doing nothing.• The presence of my ship during the battle does not affect the capture point.• When attacking buildings outside the station, soldiers land in the station and stay in the air while fighting without their feet on the ground.• Shops sell equipment one level above the player.• Some Falron stations cannot be loaded.• In faction wars, support-building turrets never attack the player's ship.• The Win dialog (Destroy/Plunder/Capture) can be closed by pressing ESC, which keeps the operation stuck and prevents the battle from being won.• We are aware that some players are experiencing crashes, especially towards the end of warp. Unfortunately, since we are not encountering the same issue on every computer, it has been difficult for us to pinpoint the source of the problem. To address this, we have formed a small team of volunteer players to help us reproduce the bug. We are working hard to find a solution and we appreciate your understanding.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What a magnificent piece of jank! Just finished first mission. Everything in this game, from English text, animations, and the voices (is it TTS or AI generated? feel slightly off and inhuman), feels somehow unpolished, yet the whole thing seems to work really nice. Most importantly flying feels fun, even in the rustbucket you get at the start. Ability to get out of the ship is nice, even if FPS part seems a bit underwhelming.

The game feels more Parkan 2 than Freelancer.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3686797824789000935
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.3.0 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.3.0

• • A dynamic AI diplomatic manager has been added to the game, which makes the AI behave more intelligently in diplomatic actions.• The AI now has the ability to attack and reclaim stations belonging to the player's faction.
    Note: This feature was added to force the player to think carefully about which factions they will declare war on. If the player declared war on multiple factions in previous versions, they may encounter multiple attacks
    Note 2: If the player attacks a high-level faction or a faction with many allies in previous versions, they may have difficulty defending their stations.
    If you encounter such a situation, we kindly ask you not to consider it as a bug.
    Note 3: In these battles, the Player can only select generals for defense. The generals will decide on their own what to do on the battlefield. We are waiting for your feedback on this system; If you like this system, we can also use it as an optional feature in the player's attacks..
    • Japanese language has been updated.• Spanish language has been updated.• Turkish language has been updated.
BUG FIXES:
• The game crashes at the end of the Jump (We have optimized and/or changed several warp effects for this bug and have been testing on multiple machines for the past 3 days without encountering any crashes. Therefore, we assume this bug has been fixed. If you still encounter this bug after this version, please let us know.)
• When increasing the tier or level of a ship, some stats are lower than the previous level or tier.
• Pirates attacked and broke my warp. I fought back and destroyed the pirates. However, I received a crime notice, and the Star System Security attacked me.
• Changing ships via the Ship Manager console keeps the weapons loadout from the previous ship on the new one, causing various issues.
• Memory usage increases up to 4x in Pirate Raid missions, and the game eventually crashes.
• When assigning "Soldiers" under "Captain," only the Captain levels up, while the Soldiers do not.
• In any defend mission at LFP, there are too many waves of enemies, and after a while, the game gets stuck.
• I had no bookmarked structures in the operation list and clicked one of the things on the top bar to sort them, and my game completely froze.
• Some T5 components provide less stat boosts than T4 components.
• Looking for a Ship Mission in the same system where a mission has been completed crashed my game.
• The Compressor talent does not work as expected.
• In the Rescue a Person Mercenary Contract, the person I saved still moans about needing help inside my ship as I fly across the galaxy.
• Star Gate pilot/dest signs have collision, and if I collide with them, the jump sequence is disrupted.
• My stations have disappeared, although they are still present according to the faction view.
• If I open another UI after a battle is over, the Battle Summary UI remains at the bottom, and I cannot close any UI.
• Stations always sell items one level below the player's level.
• If I have built a station or outpost in a system, I can only see them in the Scanner interface, and the other stations in the system are not added to the scanner.
• The game crashes in the robot parts collection section of the Rebuilding a Friend mission before capital ships arrive.
• The game's default mouse cursor changes to the default windows cursor when you start a new game. It stays as windows cursor unless you close the game completely and re-enter and load a save file.
• The game crashes when using the Turret talent with the character during a Mercenary Contract.
• Pods that remain after using the Stabilize Pods skill do not disappear when I warp, and the UI markers always remain visible.
• There is no audio in the Hoverbike tutorial video.
• In the Rebuild a Friend mission, during the first mission, I am unable to locate Koron's Lab on Xunvars Planet, even if there is a marker. Additionally, if I jump to the planet and then log out, the mission markers disappear when I log back in.
• Stations that have been taken over still appear as owned by the faction they were taken from.
• When taking on a high-tier mission in the "Defend the Miners" questline, enemy waves do not stop spawning, and the game eventually crashes. If a low-level mission is chosen, the mission can be completed without using the warp engine.
• The Star Striker questline crashes at a certain point.
• In Faction Operations, generals spawn at their appropriate levels, but squad members spawn at level 6.
• If a radio call comes in during a hack mission while the Hack console is on, the keyboard buttons do not work, and the game becomes stuck.
• No slots are shown in the Transfer Item interface in the Ship Manager Console.
• While attacking a station, the landing pad where the fight takes place is sometimes floating in space away from the station (in main faction stations).
• During takeoff: 1. Land normally (new landing). Hold R (Takeoff) and F (Services). When taking off, the Services screen will appear, and the ship will remain landed, usually resulting in a bug or crash in the ground or landing pad. 2. Land normally (new landing). Press R (Takeoff) once. Wait a few seconds. The ship will take off, and the Landing UI will remain stuck in the player's view.
• All faction soldiers leave the army at once.
• Initializing Operation at Escape Route does not work if I save/load at the Escape Route in that system.
• If a sub-goal of an (X) Request mission is in space and the following sub-goal is on a planetary surface, and I land on the planet before reaching the planetary surface sub-goal, the mission's second stage does not progress.
• The Signal Disruptor perk sticks as active, does not disable and drains all energy.
• Bounty Hunting missions do not show the mission waypoint in the Scanner (T map) screen.
• Summoned wingmen do not shoot at enemy drones.
• I have difficulty switching from third-person view to cockpit view. The C key is sometimes not recognized when pressed and held. (Note: Due to the addition of a free camera in the game, the Close camera and Backview camera have been removed. and the camera switch button only switches between cockpit and third-person views.)
• If the Map or any tabs are open while in the warp, the UI bugs out not only during the warp but also when you exit the warp with the mail/character/ship/cargo screen up, making it impossible to move or control your ship.
• The Multi-Missile perk sometimes hits my own ship (especially when moving fast) and causes it to explode.
• I can make peace with the faction I'm fighting in a battlefield. In this case, although the war ends in the diplomacy interface, it continues on the battlefield. And after the war is over, even if I win, I cannot capture the station, I can only destroy it.
• On the second floor of the Pit of Esley ( Acdama planet Azalea N4), I voluntarily jumped into the rift and couldn't get out because the jetpack doesn't work.
• Mission targets of canceled missions are still alive when far away from the player. Reloading does not remove them.
• Occasionally, some of my saved files crash. (We were unable to reproduce this bug, but we have made several changes to prevent this issue from occurring. If you encounter this bug, please report it. Note: This fix will not fix previously crashed save files, but it will prevent this issue from occurring in the future.)
• The weapons stop firing, and even though I can activate the ship's weapons, I cannot change the weapon group or fire.
• The ship's firing sequence is getting disrupted. For example, there is a turret on the ship with a fire rate of 1/s. Normally, it should fire once every second. However, in the game, every turret loaded onto the ship puts 2x turrets on the ship, and the fire rate is divided between these 2 guns. Consequently, each turret fires once every 0.5 seconds. This means that if you load 5-6 turrets onto the ship, before the first turret finishes firing, it enters a new firing sequence.
• Whenever I open the character interface, "Character Main" is selected/highlighted, but "Talents" is displayed. I have to click on Talents and then back on Character to get to it (clicking straight away on "Character Main" does nothing).
• When I visited Abi at The Brotherhood, there was an issue where it completely skips dialogue describing what The Brotherhood is and the mission you have to do to join.
• In the mouse model that I'm using, there's a double-click feature. If I use this feature to learn a perk in the Talent Tree interface, the game crashes.
• In some dialogues, when I skip the dialogue, the next dialogue line appears, but the voice of the character I'm talking to doesn't stop, and all dialogue sounds overlap each other.
• When I paint some of the new faction ships, some of the colors are saved incorrectly. When I save/load the game, the saved colors are changed.
• Whenever I change my ship, I lose the consumable modules (shield, repair, etc.). (
We have not yet identified the cause of this issue. As a temporary solution, consumables are now being transferred to the cargo of the ship when the ship is changed.)
• When playing the game in a non-English language, the Faction and Mail buttons do not enable.
• T5 (Legendary) Torpedo Launchers have a capacity of 0 and T5 Missile Launchers with 13.2 capacity cause issues.
• In Bounties, you can see the location of the bounty target before detecting its location from the scanner.
• Sometimes when changing the weapon groups on the ship, the mesh of the ship's weapons visible on the ship doesn't fire, and the projectiles come from the location of the ship's cockpit.
• If I use the slow time feature on the character, the camera moves too much when I shoot, and for a long time, I cannot bring the character to a proper angle.
• In a side mission I got from the station, we attack an outpost. However, after a while of coming to the battlefield, especially as ally ships are destroyed, a memory leak occurs in the game, and the game crashes after a while.
• When I go to the asteroids to search for ore with the ship, I see Vokal and Zokal. When I mine them, I get Wolfram and Asortak.
• If I use the grenade skill from a very short distance, sometimes it puts me into ragdoll.
• Levelling up ships and their tiers break weapons and their convergence point.
• When I am mining asteroids and get out of the ship with the character, every time I press the "F" key, countless "Worms" spawn.
• The Anka copilot skill causes a visual glitch.
• Sometimes the ships I just bought come out as TIER 0, and their stats are below the general average.
• If I wear headphones while playing the game, it crashes.
• Being knocked down and changing the camera (Q/E) can move the camera below the ground.
• In defend and attack building missions, buildings are not destroyed at the end of the mission, which causes a memory leak and results in crashes in the long run.
• I can't warp away if I failed an LFP quest.
• If too much time passes while trying to find Momo in the Jack rescue mission, Momo disappears and it seems like the mission has progressed, but the quest doesn't update.
• I get stopped in the middle of the warp to join the Brotherhood guild. If I don't save/load the game or land on a station, I get called back every warp after that.
• Sometimes the blur and bloom settings are reset in the post-process settings in the game, and if I deactivate them, they are reactivated.
• Some ship models have an issue where when I upgrade them, the aim offset gets messed up. The ship's weapons fire at places other than the center of the crosshair.
• If the Cursor mode is on and I go to the pause menu, I cannot use weapons after closing the pause menu.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I almost pulled the trigger on the first game, but honestly I think the developer learned a lot from that and found it was better to start again to realise his vision rather than try and deal with the constraints and limitations he had built up over time. I expect that this will ultimately become a great game, just can't say how long that will take.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3727330936510881343
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.4.0 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.4.0

• Raid mechanics have been added to the game. Players can now organize raids on systems.

• System conquering mechanics have been changed. To conquer a system, players will need to organize a raid on that system. (
    It will not affect the systems you currently have.
    )

• Plunder Raids have been added. Players can now organize raids on trade convoys within systems to collect faction resources.
    Please watch the "Raids" section in the Video Tutorials panel for more information.

• The Capital Station system has been improved. Each faction now has one capital station, and additional station models and interiors have been added for other player-built stations.

• New structures can be built at the Capital Station to enhance faction abilities:

• Medic:
    Reduces the chance of soldiers dying in combat and adds a "wounded" status to soldiers.
    Barracks:
    Adds a new general slot to the faction army.
    Intelligence:
    Allows advance warning of attacks on stations.
    Marketplace:
    Adds markets to the station (not yet visually implemented in the game).
    Weapons:
    Upgrades the weapons of soldiers and ships.
    Note: The interior designs for the new station sections have not been implemented yet, but their bonuses can still be used in this update.

• New policies and tax collection features have been added for non-human residents of stations captured by factions.

• Players can now assign faction missions received via email to their freelancer soldiers. Previously, these missions had to be completed by the player themselves. Now, players have the option to assign these missions to their freelancer pilots. This feature provides more flexibility for players and allows them to delegate faction missions to their team of skilled freelancers.

• A new "Sell Ship" feature has been added to ship markets.

• A "Sell All" button and feature have been added to all markets to enable players to sell multiple class items at once.

• Ore prices have been adjusted to make mining more profitable.
    The Ores currently in your cargo will not be affected by the new prices. The new prices will only affect Ore gathered after this update.
    )

BUG FIXES:

• During a battle or raid, generals can be removed from their duties. In this case, even though they won't appear in the interface, they will still remain on the battlefield.
  • If a general is removed from their the slot in Faction interface, the indices in the Member section get mixed up, making it impossible to select a general from the list.
  • I can’t close the elevator widget while in the Capital Station “ Close” button doesn’t work
  • In the Faction Structs section, the daily production always appears as 14/d
  • Sometimes AI attacks occur in situations where I cannot intervene. (For example, in a planet surface dungeon.)
  • When moving around for a long time or sometimes when waiting for a long time on certain planets (mostly unique planets that are part of the main mission), the shadows become very dark.
  • If AI attacks a place and I am inside that system at the time, the battle does not start. If I exit and re-enter the system, the battle starts.
  • The "Tools" resource produced in the factories that I captured is not being added to the faction resources at the end of the day.
  • In the Koron Lab mission, after finding Koron, I can progress to different parts of the cave. But when I reach the end of the cave and enter a room, I can't exit, the game gets stuck at that point.
  • Sometimes when I exit a planet's surface with my ship, the exit sequence ends, but then the landing sequence starts again immediately.
  • If I try to drag and drop one of my wingmen as a soldier under another general in the faction interface, the operation fails. However, after closing and reopening the interface, my soldier is permanently lost.
  • Security forces countdown doesn't disappear when you leave the area and fighter spawns even if you're in a station
  • When I load the ship with two different weapons of the same class only one of them fires. (We were unable to reproduce this bug, but we believe it occurs when the game is played in languages other than English. Therefore, we have made some changes. If you still encounter this bug, please let us know.)
  • Sometimes during faction battles, I can see detailed progress bars of distant ships. This not only blocks the view from a cosmetic perspective but also has a significant performance impact.
  • Sometimes after destroying enemies, their PODs spawn inside my ship even if I’m far from the battlefield.
  • If I change the location of the soldier I assigned to an AI attack in the faction interface, soldiers with the name "None" appear in the battle interface.
  • The barricade perk doesn't activate on the first press even though I have enough energy. It only becomes active after pressing it a few times.
  • In some stations, I am able to interact with multiple interactable objects at the same time. For example, the Weapon Market interface and the Ship Components interface open simultaneously and even if I close one of them, I cannot close the other.
  • When I scan with probes in the scanner interface, sometimes I find empty points. When I warp to these points, the warping process never ends.
  • In the Molyax mission, if I close the game before Molyax leaves the ship after joining the team, he remains in the team but the mission doesn't progress.
  • Some Soldier missions don't reward anything at the end. (We couldn't reproduce this bug, but we made some changes to ensure that rewards are given. Also, we want to remind you that raiding villages doesn't offer any rewards.)
  • Sometimes my soldiers die in battle but they don't disappear from the Faction interface. In these cases, when I change the dead soldier's slot, they rejoin the army as level 1.
  • Some Pod's gives empty prisoners

We also have some exciting news:

As a solo game developer, I understand the importance of providing a bug-free gaming experience to all of you. However, with so many reports and feature requests coming in, it's easy to miss a few. That's why I'm excited to announce that I have enlisted the help of a professional consultant named Gabeux to assist me with bug analysis and tracking.

With Gabeux's help, We'll be able to work more efficiently and provide quick resolutions to any issues that may arise. If you encounter any technical problems with the game, please don't hesitate to contact Gabeux. He will be available to help with any problems you encounter.

Thank you all for your support :)

imajia

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
10 hours in and I still like it, despite the quirks. It's certainly worth the 15 quid. One thing it achieved is that I want to play Xbtf and X2 again. I kind of miss the space trade and station building.

Üstad

Arcane
The game still looks in alpha stage. But still great considering it's made by one guy. Still better than star citizen.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3693555759443019154
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.6.0 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.6.0

• Capital ships have been added to the game along with their interiors.

• Note: Please watch the Capital Ships videos in the tutorials interface first, as their equipment and combat mechanics are different from the existing ones.

• All star systems, planets, stations, and sectors have been rearranged and balanced.

• All AI factions and their assets (Stations, Factories, etc) have been rearranged and balanced.

• The AI factions' artificial intelligence has been improved.

• Over 400 new stations and buildings have been added to the game (for AI factions).

Nıote
    The new update can be applied to your existing save files without broking them. But as all systems and AI factions have changed, the stations and systems you conquered with your faction are no longer in the game. Therefore, the conquered places are reset, and only the progress of the Capital station remains.

• The main trading mechanic in the galaxy has been added to the game.

• New trade items and Complex Stations that produce these trade items have been added to the game.

• Trade Hubs have been added to the game. Now, each sector has a trade hub, and the player can trade with these trade hubs.

• A "Galaxy Trade" interface has been added to the Galaxy Web, showing the general supply and demand situation and production in systems.

Note :
    We couldn't add the trade ships in time for this update, so although this feature appears
    dynamically in the game, the player cannot intervene. We plan to add trade ships and activate this feature in the next update.

• The simplified Chinese language has been updated

• Portuguese (Brazil) language has been updated

• The Turkish language has been updated

BUG FIXES:

• Warp-end crashes: We still haven't figured out exactly why this issue is happening for some players, but we've changed the warp system. Please report if you encounter this issue again.
• When I select "hide high-priced/unpurchasable items" in the market interface, it also hides items that I can afford.
• On planetary surfaces, my character falls under the landscape at sharp landscape points (such as the top of a mountain or a rock).
• If I change my ship while my squad is outside, I can respawn the same squad with the new ship.
• Sometimes, even after spawning my squad, the left squad interface does not open and I cannot give orders to the ships.
• On some ice planets, when I land on a surface point, the entire surface appears dark or the materials are not updated.
• If I repeatedly click on the tick boxes that show the item classes in the Sell All interface and then click the "Sell All" button without selecting any items, it sells the unselected items.
• When I change the fit settings in rapid succession on the weapon market, the listed items change. (We have added a "Filter" button to the interface for this. After making your changes, you can make the requested list visible by clicking this button.)
• When I play in languages other than English, the asteroid station does not spawn in the first mission (or spawns in the wrong place).

Dear Pilots:

Unfortunately, the addition of Capital Ships to the game and the reorganization of new stations took longer than expected, which is why this update did not address all the bugs I had hoped to fix. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Next week, after completing the remaining trade mechanics, I will focus on improving the existing game mechanics and fixing bugs.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/5282201323546178827
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.7.0 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 1.7.0

• • The Galaxy Trading system is now active.

• • Trade ships have been added to the game as a new ship class.

• • 4 new Galaxy Trade ships have been added to the game.

• • Trade Hubs have been revamped and are now active. Players can now trade from trade hubs.

• • Complexes are now active. Players can buy trade goods below Galaxy prices from complexes.

• • Make sure to watch the Trade section from the In-Game tutorial videos before trading.

• • Capital ship weapons have been upgraded. Automatic turrets now fire lasers, making them more effective against fighter-class ships.

• • A quick communication shortcut has been added to the game. With CTRL+H (default cursor key), players can quickly get Jump permission when near Stargates. They can also request Docking when near stations.

• • All ship prices have been balanced.

• • Traditional Chinese language has been added to the game.

• • Brazilian Portuguese language has been added to the game.

BUG FIXES:

• • When requesting docking consecutively, the docking points overlap each other
  • • After creating a Faction, all the emails in my inbox got deleted and I can't receive new ones
  • • I'm stuck in the hangar interface and can't leave or save
  • • The "Rebirth" pilot talent is triggered and remains active indefinitely, making the player invincible
  • • The items in my bank get deleted when I save/load
  • • Leaving a system quickly after a Faction raid prevents the player from taking ownership
  • • The Faction Treasury value displayed on the Capital Station is incorrect
  • • I can't assign generals to raids or station defense, but I can assign them to station capture operations
  • • I can build the same station repeatedly in the same system
  • • After enabling the Faction system and saving and exiting the game, the Faction soldiers disappear upon loading the save
  • • If I exit the game during a meeting on the main station, everything related to the Faction and main missions resets (Guild missions remain)
  • • Capital ship weapons and perks can't target enemy drones
  • • I can buy ships cheaply and sell them at a higher price in the same station
  • • The invincible ship perk can only be used once and gets stuck on cooldown, potentially leaving the player invincible
  • • In some Mining Guild stations, the ship markets are empty.
  • • A Capture Raid can't be started immediately after finishing a Faction Operation on the last station in a system
  • • If I delete an email from the mail interface, the mail indexes get mixed up, and the task from the mail I accepted later appears in the same slot
  • • After destroying a large portion of an asteroid, if I move away and return to the same location, the asteroid spawns again completely covered with valuable minerals.
  • • The Ressurect (Soldier Endurance Talent) remains active forever after being triggered
  • • The items looted from the salvage yard don't appear in the "Sell all" page in the market interfaces at stations
  • • If I open the pause menu while my beam weapons are active, the beams remain active when I return to the game and if I fire again, the game crashes.
  • • If I completely destroy a faction, it shows as "destroyed" in the faction diplomacy interface, but I can still take diplomatic actions in my own faction interface.
  • • Some looted items are too heavy
  • • Sometimes the ammo in my weapon drops to negative values, and if I reload while it's negative, it remains negative and I can shoot without consuming ammo
  • • If I load more than five weapons onto the Capital ship (Flagship), the sixth weapon spawns in the middle of the ship at a high scale
  • • The interior of Capital ships remains visible from afar after leaving the ship
  • • Pirate attacks happen even when my cargo is empty and occur too frequently
  • • In some planet missions, enemies fall underground, and if my mission is to kill those NPCs, the mission gets stuck and can't progress
  • • Ships with the same model and features are sold at vastly different prices (Ship 1: 14m / Ship 2: 180m)
  • • If I enter and exit a dungeon while fighting AI outside, the outside AI remains frozen and won't shoot or move if I don't cross their path.
  • • The energy regeneration of my ship sometimes doesn't work and gets stuck
  • • If I quickly call a ship from the ship manager, the values of the last ship called reset to zero, and the ship class appears empty

Dear Pilots:

From now on, we will be putting new major features on the back burner for a while as we focus on bug fixes and improving existing features, with an emphasis on advancing the main story arc. The Trading System is an exciting addition to the game and we can't wait for our players to experience it.

I understand the importance of delivering new and exciting content, but I also recognize the value in refining and perfecting the features that are already in place. I will be dedicated to making sure that the core gameplay mechanics are running smoothly and that the main storyline remains engaging and immersive.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to bringing you the best possible gameplay experience.

Inconceivable

Learned
I almost pulled the trigger on the first game, but honestly I think the developer learned a lot from that and found it was better to start again to realise his vision rather than try and deal with the constraints and limitations he had built up over time. I expect that this will ultimately become a great game, just can't say how long that will take.
I actually played the first game a bit, and it really has a thing going there. There's some light main plot, and side-quests, and worlds to discover, and walking around stations and planets, quite well designed, talking to people, there's this war between factions thing going on, where you can step in and fight for a side. This is a game that would have blown minds 10 years ago, and it's still quite impressive considering it was made by one dedicated dude. It's really playable and fun, despite a bit of jank. The indie-charm really makes up for it.
The sequel is already in my Steam library, but I'm waiting for some more polish and probably official release before giving it a real go.

In many ways this game is what I wanted X4 to be. For all it's eurojank it's still more stable than X4 at least. I'm going to wait until it's properly released before playing it indepth though.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In many ways this game is what I wanted X4 to be. For all it's eurojank it's still more stable than X4 at least. I'm going to wait until it's properly released before playing it indepth though.

Egosoft spent all their budget (money AND time) on stupid shit like cockpits and ship vendor offices instead of the ONE thing fans wanted - being able to walk on planets.

But this is p. funny. One dude made a better Star Citizen than Chris Roberts with the budget of an African nation and many, many studios.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/6163783419147340774
Get Ready for SpaceBourne 2 Ver 2.0.0
Dear pilots,

I am excited to announce that we are nearing the completion of SpaceBourne 2 version 2.0.0. I am delighted to inform you that the update will be available for release next Friday.(19/05/2023)

The 2.0 update will bring many new features and improvements to the game, including bug fixes, gameplay enhancements, and additional content. We have worked hard to ensure that this update will provide you with a more enjoyable and engaging gaming experience.

We appreciate your patience and support as we have been developing this update. We are confident that the changes we have made will enhance your enjoyment of the game, and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thank you for playing the SpaceBourne 2, and we hope you enjoy the next update when it is released.

Best regards,

Please note that the new update will not affect your existing save files. You can continue your progress in the game as usual without any data loss.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3712701130579256446
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 2.0.2 Released
SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 2.0.2

NEW FEATURES:

Due to high demand, we have added the first AI module to the game. Now players can use their microphones to communicate with EvE while piloting their ships.

We have taught EvE all the game mechanics and lore, so you can ask EvE anything related to the game whenever you want to learn something.

Additionally, EvE is also learning the progress of the game in real time. This means it can provide information about current quests or the star systems you are in.

NOTE:
This feature is still experimental. In long dialogues, EvE can sometimes tell lies. It can direct you to non-existent places and talk about characters that do not exist in the game. If this feature is liked by the players, I will continue to develop EvE. If it is not liked, we can remove it from the game in future updates.

The Voice To Command feature has also been added to the game. You can give voice commands to your ship to perform certain actions or can give orders to your squad using a microphone.

NOTE:
This feature requires a microphone connected to the computer and an internet connection.

You can review the main commands in the Gameplay settings interface.

BUG FIXES:

• • Bank items are getting deleted. (We haven't been able to determine the cause, but we have completely revamped the banking system and moved it to a more secure location. We believe this issue will no longer occur.)
  • • When I retrieve Misactor, the engine sound sometimes gets stuck, and it doesn't fix until I save/load the game.
  • • In the bank interface, if the stack numbers are two digits, they overlap with the slot above and make it difficult to click on the lower slot.
  • • Some items that I purchased in certain markets are being added back to the market when I save/load the game.
  • • If I change the interaction key, I can't retrieve Misactor for the Mining ship.
  • • In the service interface, if I quickly press the buttons and then click on EXIT, the service window gets stuck in the cockpit.
  • • Even when using the Mothership, I can hear metal friction sounds when I disembark from the ship.
  • • In the Ship Manager Console the "Transfer Items" option temporally removes ship storage slots
  • • Drone management interface stays on screen if I warp while drones are deployed
  • • Potential crash: In the gore system, sometimes severed limbs remain suspended in mid-air. They are not removed from the game until a save/load is performed.
  • • Building structures progress stuck at 0% while building structures for player faction
  • • If I have too many structures (around 400) the game crashes when I click on the structure from the faction interface.
  • • During the Vessel Venture mission, if I exit the game or experience a crash, even if I want to continue from where I left off, the As-Tech Factory disappears after reloading and the story got stuck.
  • • Clouds appear black on older graphics cards.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This is really fun. I was pretty impressed by the AI voice commands, even if they are a bit limited. I'm amazed (and even a little doubtful) that one guy did all this.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is really fun. I was pretty impressed by the AI voice commands, even if they are a bit limited. I'm amazed (and even a little doubtful) that one guy did all this.

Must have some 'thal blood in him.

Possibly even titanium bones.

GreyViper

Prophet
Currently playing it, really good game for what it is. But yes, from starting misson you can tell its euro jank, small things like dialogue or the quest structure.
The good part, is combat both space and ground, somewhat variety in ships and equipment. The galactic navigation could be better, but I guess it works with Stargates, so X4 has beat this by the long shoot.
I noticed no matter what place it shows most of the same side areas except capitals.
Story-wise other games have it beat by long shoot, but gameplay vise, id say its maybe a bit better than Everspace 2 and definitely better than Freelancer.
Personally, I feel he should have scraped the initial intro part, and give the free-roaming as soon as you start and by ranking up in different guilds you unlock the things story missions do. But thats just my opinion.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, the story is pure jank. They give you a bald android wife who immediately tells you to ruin your life by joining a rebellion against a government you barely even know.

I never bothered with this. The X series seems too fascinated with the idea of building stupid factory complexes to be enjoyable as a space game.

If I wanted to play Factorio, I would. All I want is to fly a ship around, do random missions and land on planets.

But I will give it a second look.

edit: I looked into X4's current status. I don't know why they insist on making their gameplay so dry and boring. Now there are space lanes so your ship can go to factories automatically. Gives me a headache.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom