Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Splintered Core Official Thread - Design Update 8/10/10

soggie

Educated
Zed said:
2d camera is a good choice.
The environment mockups look great.

Have you had any thoughts regarding the GUI? I'm asking because I'm a huge interface design nerd. Maybe you've written something about it that I've missed?

I haven't got into GUI yet. Right now I've settled on using CEGUI, but don't have a good UI designer yet so I'm just using default CEGUI templates.

I can probably do the GUI myself if I took the time, but right now the tech demo and editor have far higher priority. Sorry about that.

soggie

Educated
Blog updates:

More on the Deadlanders

In my previous post about the Deadlanders, questions were raised on several fronts. In this post I’ll talk more about these people, and work out the finer points of their culture. What I would NOT do however is reveal their origins, because like all other cultures in the game, history hunting is a huge portion of the side quests so talking about it here would probably be counter productive to the player’s game experience...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom