Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Taking Down the Manocracy: Spore Edition (Let's Play)

DefJam101 said:
Singleplayer MMO for the win.
Just as in real life, you get to play with yourself.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Wasn't the Codex KKKonsensus on the last Spore thread that the creature stage was one of the least suckiest part of the game? It looks very similar to those Korean MMO grindfest extravaganza games.

Inziladun

Magister
Dire Roach said:
Wasn't the Codex KKKonsensus on the last Spore thread that the creature stage was one of the least suckiest part of the game? It looks very similar to those Korean MMO grindfest extravaganza games.

It's the least sucky stage because the games best aspect (the creature creator) has the biggest influence.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Inziladun said:
Dire Roach said:

It's the least sucky stage because the games best aspect (the creature creator) has the biggest influence.
And what's to come next is much, much, much worse.

Fez

Erudite
I felt the cell stage was the best. It easily looked the best and most original, had simple arcade development and gameplay while the concepts were still new to the player and it had the minimum of annoying or repetitive tasks or minigames (dancing and so on for the creature stage comes to mind). The creature parts are also somewhat flexible and have the most impact on your creature at that stage, I felt.

After the cell stage it is all downhill.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fez said:
I felt the cell stage was the best. It easily looked the best and most original, had simple arcade development and gameplay while the concepts were still new to the player and it had the minimum of annoying or repetitive tasks or minigames (dancing and so on for the creature stage comes to mind). The creature parts are also somewhat flexible and have the most impact on your creature at that stage, I felt.

After the cell stage it is all downhill.

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

Pastel

Scholar
So why didn't the dumbfucks at Maxis go for the obvious gameplay?
- Creatures of all types scattered all over.
- If you're a carnivore you have to kill prey and avoid larger creatures, if you're a herbivore you have to avoid getting eaten.
- Then you have to find an appropriate mate and impress him.

Why this retarded grindfest of "kill x creatures of this type then you'll never see any of these again". I mean, why would you even want to extinct your food supply? Wouldn't it be a hella lot more fun to always run into different creatures, and have them evolve alongside of you?

DraQ

Arcane
Pastel said:
So why didn't the dumbfucks at Maxis go for the obvious gameplay?
- Creatures of all types scattered all over.
- If you're a carnivore you have to kill prey and avoid larger creatures, if you're a herbivore you have to avoid getting eaten.
- Then you have to find an appropriate mate and impress him.

Why this retarded grindfest of "kill x creatures of this type then you'll never see any of these again". I mean, why would you even want to extinct your food supply? Wouldn't it be a hella lot more fun to always run into different creatures, and have them evolve alongside of you?
Failure of the free market?

Update coming tomorrow, srsly, I have the pictures already done. Here is what has transpired in my head the past few weeks:

"Gotta finish the Let's Play"
"You've already played to the space age like 3 times in Spore, you want to do it again?"
"Yeah, I'm totally doing this."
"When?"
"Tomorrow."
"Why not now?"
"I don't feel like it."
"You don't feel like masturbating, yet you do that every night."
"How did you know that?"
"I'm right there with you."
"Gross."
"Your face is gross. Anyway, you aren't getting this shit done are you?"
"I have to! Jimbob finished Shivering Isles, and that took him a long time with breaks."
"Yeah, but your ass is always on the computer, you have no excuse."
"Work for college courses..."
"You mean all 3 of them fatso? That's a walk in the park."
"My mind can't focus on a bunch of things at once, I am not a woman."
"Bullshit."
"Well I have a girlfriend I'm talking to!"
"It doesn't count when you met them over the internet, especially when they're in another country, and not something close like Canada either, but fucking Europe."
"Europe isn't a country..."
"It practically is nowadays. Fucking Euro making my money worthless."
"Wait...what were we talking about again?"
"I don't know...we can figure it out later."

And so on.

The next part is short, but does have a special surprise. I'll go deeper either tomorrow or Thursday, as long as I'm not too busy with this "homework" nonsense.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Finishing this LP thread should be your highest priority in life. It is your ultimate duty to the Codex and abandoning it will bring you great dishonor.

Besides, you know you will fail at everything else. Why bother wasting your time on those things? :upliftingwordsofwisdom:

Welcome to Part...something of the feminist edition of Let's Play of Spore!

We last left the Kaiserin as they were being left. The tribe decided to migrate right after I finally had gotten back to them. And now onto the exciting/anticlimactic conclusion to the creature stage:

spore_0011948_920.jpg

Here is the Kaiserin, left alone without their tribe. Unfortunately here I notice that our nest looks like a penis and testicles:

sporedick.jpg

Sure it is small, but I recognize myself in things. Either way, this subtle work is just another showing of the patriarchy's hidden homosexual urges. Freud was right, you're all faggots.

spore_0021948_920.jpg

We leave the nest. But here we see a rogue creature. These creatures can sometimes be found randomly, they have a shitload of health and give good experience whether you befriend them or kill them. They would probably be a bitching ally, the only problem is that when they appear you're either not good enough to be friends with them, or you're too good and don't even really need them.

spore_0031949_920.jpg

So being that the Kaiserin believe in the strength of women working together, they decide that this lone wolf must die. You're either with us or against us. Make a decision, we're at war with the manocracy here! Obviously she believed that her role in life was staying in the kitchen. The sisters disagree...

spore_0061950_920.jpg

And I mean really disagree. Despite the loss of one sister, the Kaiserin crushed the rogue menace of individual consciousness.

spore_0071950_920.jpg

Ah delicious experienc...I mean DNA. Now we can feast on the remains!

spore_0091954_920.jpg

Frobbit? Moar like Fraggit?...Hobbit?...ah screw it. I don't trust them, "alpha" obviously means male, therefore we are the "Omega femyle!"

spore_0141956_920.jpg

After killing the Alpha Frobbit, I guess our brain has grown so big it is coming out of our ass. I think that's what this is telling me....

spore_0161956_920.jpg

We're Amazons! Woo! But we can't become a tribe yet! I don't even have a nest to build our tribal home at!

spore_0171959_920.jpg

Moar alpha. Moar death. I don't trust these things, they look like plants. We womyn eat meat and love meat. Why else do those chicks on tv talk about eating furburgers?

spore_0182002_920.jpg

Om-nom-nom-motherfucker!

spore_0192003_920.jpg

Genocide!....I mean Victory!

spore_0202004_920.jpg

Screw that purple shit in the distance, what's that shiny thing! Let's grab it!

spore_0212007_920.jpg

Son of a bitch...dragged into the cutscene. And the damn bones are right there! Why can't you just let me have them!

spore_0222009_920.jpg

Well I got them, and then mated with a loving companion. This will be our final child before the ascension.

spore_0242021_920.jpg

Got a new face and eyes, and an extra set of arms. The head is not on the side of the body, it is just turned... We womyn were inspired by Shiva, who has many arms and is the creator and destroyer...wait...you're telling me that Shiva is a guy? Yeah right! Look at that face! I would do her! It can't be a guy. Screw you!

spore_0252024_920.jpg

Another step is taken in Kaiserin history. We are bitches. We will hunt your ass down....nigger...

2001: A Space Parody!:

spore_0262026_920.jpg

BUM!

spore_0272027_920.jpg

BUM!

spore_0282027_920.jpg

BUM!

spore_0292027_920.jpg

BUM! BUM! AH FUCK! OW MY HEAD!

spore_0302027_920.jpg

Wait, after getting hit in the head with a stick I have an idea...ooh fire! I am Promethea, that's right, Promethea, got a problem?

spore_0312028_920.jpg

No shit. It's almost like I hit that evolve button for that reason...thanks Willy.

spore_0342031_920.jpg

From the voice that I heard at this part, I'm going to guess that the Kaiserin are husky voiced. Otherwise they are forcing a male creature vocal track on me! And this aggression shall not stand! Maxis! Tear down this wall of womyn oppression!

spore_0352031_920.jpg

Rival tribes? I just killed a bunch of shit before...now I have to do it again? Maybe I don't want to dammit! We Kaiserin are peaceful...to females...who follow our cause...

spore_0362032_920.jpg

Customize my outfit! Awesome! Totally hitting my feminine sensibilities!...or not, you patriarchy are total pricks, expecting womyn to want this game because you can pick out clothes! Bah!

spore_0372032_920.jpg

Oooh, a menu!

spore_0382032_920.jpg

Oooh, another menu!

spore_0422040_920.jpg

Here is the Kaiserin now, with the gayest possible color scheme possible for clothes. Of course I can't change it because the manocracy decided that clothing should match your skin and if you change your clothing color, it changes your skin as well. Bastards. Maybe I don't want to be pick and yellow...wearing pink and yellow!

spore_0432041_920.jpg

And I take my leave of you here! I shall return soon with the next part! We shall gather food and hopefully work through at least half if not all of the Tribal stage.

Oh and here is that special surprise. The load screen for tribal:

multiheadedwin.jpg

The conflict for the ages may be coming. BE PREPARED.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It still eludes me why the media all go like "SO AWESUM!!1" when talking about this game.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Sometimes a Lets Play is more fun to read than play the game. In this case the game is more fun than the Lets Play.

However, your suspicions that the regular game is quite craptastic/unfinished is accurate, and that the Creature Stage is the longest and most repetative stage.

Cell is the best stage. Space was fun the third time I played it since I learned to ally with everyone, since warfare is all but impossible early on. Then, after getting two mines of pink and purple spice the challenge was gone, I bought any item I wanted at will, and haven't played Spore since.

Lord Chambers said:
In this case the game is more fun than the Lets Play.
wat.

Also because I've been lazy, I thought I'd just leave this here:

spore_0520029_920.jpg

Coming this weekend. Seriously. I've been busy with Fable 2, and god forbid, schoolwork. But this weekend there will be time for Spore!

Prepare for a deep dicking.

DefJam101

Arcane
Ya'know SFRN this thread is certainly a valiant effort, but this is basically doing an LP for an MMORPG.

Actually a "Let's Play: WoW!" could be pretty fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom