Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt

Korgan

Arbiter
Heard they released two regions already. Is it shaping up to be good? Worth playing at this stage?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm waiting for the final version. But yeah, it's already pretty gigantic, so...
Don't think they already finished the questlines for these regions, though, so all you can do it just exploring.
I'll wait for the final version.

Korgan

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Don't think they already finished the questlines for these regions, though, so all you can do it just exploring.
They say the Telvanni region already has 100+ quests. Sounds p. cool.

Luzur

Good Sir

some 10-20 years more and maybe you'll get to play the beta release of the entire map.

im still waiting for the entire map of Morrowind.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
At the rate they're going, we should have a complete playable Tamriel for Morrowind by the time The Elder Scrolls XXVII: Invasion of the Cybermen is finished.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They might be slow, but at least they are making progress and releasing something every so often.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Jasede said:
They might be slow, but at least they are making progress and releasing something every so often.

Slow is a good thing for modding communities, every single team that tries to throw in half their daily time in something like this ends up with the important members bailling out and the whole project crashing in a brick wall.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Luzur said:
yeah, but still its looking more like Duke Nukem Forever.

DNF wasn't showing regular signs of life except for the occasional "We're still working on it, don't worry", accompanied by 5-second-trailers.

Texas Red

Whiner
It's pretty autistic to return to such a mind numbingly boring game every time after someone released a mod.

X40c

Novice
I don't think it will take very long till we see a full release of the map in some form. A few month at least for sure, but not in the scale of years. They've been developing all the map parts simultaneously, after all. I have to say, I'm impressed since it seems they're gonna pull it off and on top of it they're already making Hammerfell for Oblivion.
I'm not much of a TES fan, though I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and have Dagerfall waiting to be played. If they finish something more complete, I think I'm gonna get back into it. The Modding scene has been cooking for some time, but I find it difficult to find quality, good quest/adventure/role-play mods, since its difficult to judge them before playing. Does anyone have any suggestions I should note If I get back to Morrowind to test the TR maps?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
X40c said:
Does anyone have any suggestions I should note If I get back to Morrowind to test the TR maps?

Play it pure. Personally, I use graphic mods like better clothes, better heads, better bodies and better textures. And the MGE, Morrowind Graphics Enhancer. Managed to make the game look a lot better and now it's even more awesome to explore the landscapes.

Tamriel Rebuilt itself will be huge enough anyways so you won't need any other content mods...

Some of the gameplay mods could be worth trying, too, though. There's some stuff that adds survival aspects like food and some mods that improve combat.

Vipera

Scholar
Luzur said:

some 10-20 years more and maybe you'll get to play the beta release of the entire map.
That's along the lines of what I'm thinking. I mean, they've been working on it for how long now?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Korgan said:
There's some stuff that adds survival aspects like food and some mods that improve combat.
/r/ more info. Does this absolute trainwreck really get better?

Haven't tried any of the mods but there are some around. I guess one of them was so good that they hired the guy who made the mod to work at Bethesda. Which obviously didn't really help since he either screwed up or Todd decided that it has to be more accessible.

But yeah, just go and look around for gameplay mods, you'll find a huge amount of worthwile stuff. Gameplay and graphics enhancers are usually the only kinds of mods I use, the only kinds of content mods I have installed are those that add skimpy clothing for my female character [well yeah...], any storymods for Morrowind usually can't reach the atmosphere of the original and expansions.

bhlaab

Erudite
So wait, this is one mod but part of it is in tes3 and another part is in tes4 and inevitably another part will be in tes5 and probably 6

The mod that improves combat is called Combat Enhanced. It requires an external utility called Morrowind Enhanced to run but it's totally worth it. What it does is add 5 different combo moves for each weapon that all have cool little bonuses like knockdowns, damage over time, increasing weapon speed for a short amount of time ect. It also gives you a slow mo button and "rage mode" that builds up after you do enough combos and lets you run around in bullet time hacking the fuck out of everything. I actually just started playing a heavily modded game of Morrowind and CE makes melee combat way more interesting.

Data4

Arcane
I gotta give it to the TR team for being one of the more... "professional" (for lack of a better word) mod teams out there. They have pretty strict quality standards WRT visual content, and the custom models they've made for the Oblivion work look like they were originally part of the game.

I even auditioned for and was chosen to do Khajit voices, then completely disappeared. Too much crap IRL at the time and I didn't have the time. I wonder if my thread is still in their forum....

EDIT: Ha! Found it! Memories.... http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Korgan

Arbiter
Rufus_T_Firefly said:
The mod that improves combat is called Combat Enhanced. It requires an external utility called Morrowind Enhanced to run but it's totally worth it. What it does is add 5 different combo moves for each weapon that all have cool little bonuses like knockdowns, damage over time, increasing weapon speed for a short amount of time ect. It also gives you a slow mo button and "rage mode" that builds up after you do enough combos and lets you run around in bullet time hacking the fuck out of everything. I actually just started playing a heavily modded game of Morrowind and CE makes melee combat way more interesting.
Downloadan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom