Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read That's All Folks! (LR: Stormwatch Team Achilles)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And just so you know, after two more updates here we'll be in territory where it's impossible to get the issues outside of internet scans, since DC head honchos did their best to erase this series from history as part of their punishment for Wright. Which is what makes it total bullshit, since they could have just slapped Wright on the wrist or had a different writer take over Team Achilles, but noooooo...

Destroid

Arcane
I quite like the artwork in this one, I don't care much for anatomical correctness and the like. The smugness of everyone is a little tedious so hopefully Team Achilles gets its ass kicked in coming issues.

I kind of like how they just kicked the ass of the "Authority", and told them just how murderous they are underneath all that... bravado.

So yeah. Onward to victory.

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw, anyone know if Hamster's seen this yet? I mean, these guys did kill Putin so it should provoke a response.

Radisshu

Prophet
So who else spots Renegade Shepard from ME2 and Garrus in this pic?

37ycF.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, I'm going to reverse the places of issues 8 and 9 (the three today are single-issue stories, but really good), since I want to save Jukko's backstory for the last, since it's generally regarded as the best single issue of Team Achilles (and it's the one with the most significant impact on WildStorm capefaggotry).

gromit

Arcane
OMFG... they swear, kill, and HAVE SEX. I'm torn between showing it to my mom because it's so cool, and hiding it from her so she doesn't take it away. I hope they make the X-Men, Superman, fucking why not even ARCHIE, all just like this, for a solid decade...

But this somehow slipped out in the year two-thousand-and-fucking-three?

Also, the art is subjectively ugly, and objectively a relic of times when bad habits were turned into a fad. As for the anatomy and perspective... well, let's just not talk about that. It fails to convince me that its "bending" of the rules are a stylistic choice. No points given for "technical" as the storytelling and panel-pacing are terrible.

WTF, weren't we reading Miracle Man last time?

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Certainly better than, say, The Boys.
Funny, because the conclusion I eventually came to is "oh god help us, it's like if The Boys tried to take itself seriously." I can take the Stormwatch where gay lovers Superman and Batman fly a spaceship across cosmic Fallopian tubes more seriously than this.

Edit: That backstory issue was GFWIW. Though I doubt it would have worked with the regular artist.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah, only Jukko is a superhuman on the field team, their SPBs are otherwise the three support ones (Buzz, Alias and Avi).

Though soon enough Flint is going to join Team Achilles.

This is leagues better than The Authority. I think. I mean, this is kinda like Tom Clancy meets Hunter S. Thompson, which isn't exactly a compliment, but it is much more fun to read than The Authority. Things are more down to Earth, there isn't some DEM bullshit every panel, and they've explored a lot more interesting concepts than practically anything in Ellis Stormwatch or The Authority.

More o' stuff like this (or better) please.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Can they kill Poland and Sweden next? :D I like how people from nations I have an irrational hatred against get fucked over.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, I guess you can count both Poland and Sweden among the ones fucked in a certain thing...

Ulminati said:
Can they kill Poland and Sweden next? :D I like how people from nations I have an irrational hatred against get fucked over.

You Danes are just butthurt that we Swedes reclaimed most of our lands and kicked you back to that shitty little country of yours.

:smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

And now we're officially in the "impossible to remove from an inventory" territory, since the third collected volume was cancelled. Still, we aren't short on stuff yet, we're just half-full.

Zd9HS.jpg

7ZimS.jpg

jYuwg.jpg

IkrWD.jpg

d4Kv5.jpg

OmQWV.jpg

gZ249.jpg

eYeig.jpg

20O0M.jpg

HEuM4.jpg

YTYog.jpg

9JjLU.jpg

JjHWc.jpg

fRBTl.jpg

yFLDY.jpg

mDdxl.jpg

ukTBl.jpg

UdHkA.jpg

Po1fZ.jpg

xJOuL.jpg

PyUWt.jpg

TP9g2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom