Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Black Hound - dead?

Captain, my captain - we're being HIJACKED!...ohh.. CAPTAIN.

Sorry for the semi-hijack, but it IS a related issue (kinda) - any news on team gizka's mod for KOTORII? I'm been hanging for that for ages, but it's been stuck in beta testing for seemingly forever. Any inside news peeps?

speaking of 'Captain my Captian'?

And another semi-relevant question - while on the topic of 'Captain my Captain' - was there ever a mod detailing the exploits and adventures of the guardian beholder from BG2 and ToB? Best recurring non-party NPC in the series:)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Guardian beholder? Ooooh, you mean the Spectator. Not that I know of. This reminds me of the time I played a Spectator on an NWN PW after a long, terribly long application and months of haggling with DMs... good times, good times...

Ah, I ramble.

Team Gizka is moving along nicely, nice and slow. People are currently playing through it to hunt for bugs and there's 6 or 7 non-feature issues left that need fixing, then there'll be a public release. However, knowing the speed of Team Gizka, you would do well to not expect their mod until autumn.

Norfleet

Anthony Davis said:
Just talked to Josh and he said The Black Hound is not dead. He has plans to continue working on it in his free time, but there are a few issues.
I imagine that at some point, when they aren't able to find a new owner for it, they will have to have it humanely euthanized. Somehow, I doubt it's being kept in a no-kill shelter.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Norfleet said:
Anthony Davis said:
Just talked to Josh and he said The Black Hound is not dead. He has plans to continue working on it in his free time, but there are a few issues.
I imagine that at some point, when they aren't able to find a new owner for it, they will have to have it humanely euthanized. Somehow, I doubt it's being kept in a no-kill shelter.

Huh? The Black Hound is a private endeavor from J.E. Sawyer. It has no official ties to Obsidian or anyone else that I know of. If anyone puts it down permanently, it would Josh, but he has no intention of doing so.

Ugh, I should not even BE up this late...CURSE YOU SINS OF A SOLAR EMPIRE!

spacemoose

Erudite
Norfleet said:

post of the year.

you beat me to it you fucker

Radisshu

Prophet
I just started playing some NWN2 mods today, and I really hope this will get done.

Shagnak said:
@Skyway: You must be relatively new here.

Asserting that things do not exist is Norfleet's thing.

That might very well be the worst gimmick I've ever heard of.

Norfleet

Maybe, but it works. You don't see me getting all bent out of shape and angsty about games that don't exist, after all. I concern myself with reality, with REAL games that REALLY exist, not fictitious flights of fancy. Why worry about a game that doesn't even exist?

Norfleet

Lestat said:
Norfleet, do you *know* yourself?
Mostly. The bulk of the evidence available to me suggests that I exist, in a sort of "I think, therefore, I am." way. I am similarly willing to accept that you exist, or at least that I think you exist, which is good enough for me. It's possible you might be a sockpuppet, but someone would still have to be you. With that in mind, I shall operate under the premise that you exist until I run into a contradiction that logically disproves your existence. Other things, however, produce no observable evidence of their actual existence, so I am going to operate under the premise that they do not exist. God, "The Black Hound", "Duke Nukem Forever", "Fallout 3", none of these things have any demonstrable evidence supporting their actual existence, merely hearsay and superstitition. Therefore, I am going to operate under the premise that they do not exist.

obediah

Erudite
Norfleet said:
God, "The Black Hound", "Duke Nukem Forever", "Fallout 3", none of these things have any demonstrable evidence supporting their actual existence, merely hearsay and superstitition. Therefore, I am going to operate under the premise that they do not exist.

It's neat that you don't believe in god, but take a creationist view towards game development. As if games are fanciful dreams that float around the ether, and if a "dev" is very lucky and performs all the rituals perfectly, one day the computer game fairy magically places an .iso on their desktop.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
you would do well to not expect their mod until autumn.

Holy shit, not that I stopped caring 2 years ago, but they sure are lazy fuckers. Couldn't they just recruit more people? Well, who gives a shit, really.

Norfleet

obediah said:
It's neat that you don't believe in god, but take a creationist view towards game development. As if games are fanciful dreams that float around the ether, and if a "dev" is very lucky and performs all the rituals perfectly, one day the computer game fairy magically places an .iso on their desktop.
...are you saying that isn't exactly how it happens? I mean, that's how it worked when *I* tried it. Except usually the rituals don't work out quite right and I get an unholy abortion that doesn't quite function as a game. Oh, well. I'll get those rituals right eventually. Unless you're suggesting that computer games evolve from random bits and bytes left lying around in a pool of magnetic sludge?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom