Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
New PTS notes are up, and the game takes a giant leap forward:

Pick up Armor and Weapons Weapons and armor found in the world can now be picked up and equipped.
  • These items are low quality, but can be used if needed.
  • These items sell for 0 gold.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Originally
There are a couple abilities that can give you soul gems or a buff if they kill your target. There are level one critters that can be one-shot with any mild ability. Yes, you could kill critters to get the bonuses because they didn't bother to differentiate between them and real mobs.

So they got around to trying to fix that, but in a terribly hacky way. Now if your cursor is on any critter all your abilities go gray and can't be used. This also means that if you are fighting a boss in a maggot filled crypt and a maggot crosses the path of your cursor, all your abilities stop working. You can't even use healing spells if a spider/snake/squirrel walks across the path of your cursor.

CRITTER AND CONSEQUENCES!

Three times over the weekend I was stuck after porting into a city because there is a bug where some vanity pets have collision detection turned on. So if an asshole with a pet ports to a city and just stands there the pet just stands under them, then you port in and since you are now standing inside the God damn pet you can't move because collision detection is turned on and any way you try to move the idiotic client thinks a crab/monkey/whatever is in your way. I log out/in or port again so that I don't have to pay the /stuck fee.

You wind up with a stack of people flailing around on the exact same spot trying to move and no one can do anything but rotate.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll say it again: total cash grab trading on the Elder Scrolls name. They hired the most cut-rate wet behind the ears twenty year old programmers they could find to work on this crap.

Cadmus

Arcane
What a piece of shit. One day when they've made something as good as L2 C4 I'll play an MMORPG again.
I fucking hate how the PvP works in these pussy ass games.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They hired the most cut-rate wet behind the ears twenty year old programmers they could find to work on this crap.

Isn't that how the greatest innovations are made? Would you rather they'd hired SOE?

On a more useful note, the latest patch added several bugs to the final boss battle of story mode:

Thankfully, a fix is in the works:

Greetings Name,

I am terribly sorry this has occurred for your hero. We are aware of the issue and we are working on creating a fix for it. If you would like to help, if you haven't already, please submit as /bug in game so that we can have more data to use to find the problem and create a fix.

Until we are able to fix this issue we recommend trying a different class. I did the same when I got stuck on my Nightblade, and to my surprise I found that enjoyed the Dragonknight class. It won't be for long, have faith warrior. We release a new patch ever week or so, so the delay should not be too long.

Hold fast warrior, help is coming.

Farewell Friend! Alicia of the Elder Scrolls Online Team

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
Playing another MMO seems a more prominent solution. I decided to try a different MMO after playing TESO beta and you know what, it worked out surprisingly well!

New PTS notes are up, and the game takes a giant leap forward:

Pick up Armor and Weapons Weapons and armor found in the world can now be picked up and equipped.
  • These items are low quality, but can be used if needed.
  • These items sell for 0 gold.

When will the players be able to steal play-gold from NPCs? The gold would be worth 0 gold but you could hoard it if you want...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Until we are able to fix this issue we recommend trying a different class.

Some things are just not worth saying despite how well meaning it sounded.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Here are the other final battle bugs:

I think I was just not lucky today, yeah, everything went smoothly until I started this quest.

It all started when I enter the portal. First the unresponsive skills, not a big deal, should have got used of it and died once.

And at fighting the second Titan in the chamber Mannimaco was hold, I tried to trans into WW in the battle, and somehow I didn't turn, still shooting arrows. But the ult skill just looked like I was already a WW, and that lasted forever until I changed my ult into something else.

Then I realized I was hit by the EPIC SNARE bug! I couldn't run, just "walking" fighting all the way to the ritual. Even after I got the divine power I was still "snared". Well, it happened before. I knew it would be gone after died or relog, so I just push forward and dead. And I found I was still walking.

So I re-logged, and just found the quest updated to "vanquish Molag Bal", even I died half way walking to him. Such a warm welcome!

And then I was hit by the "dance, mortal" bug.

I re-logged, he grabbed me, roared and blew me out of his hand again, I fell and died! After I revived and ran upstairs, he totally ignored me.

Re-logged, AGAIN, he grabbed me. This time he didn't drop me, but before I felt better I realized he began to roar at me repeatedly...forever. I had to re-log in his hand.

Re-logged couple times, each time I just fell and died. I'm done. I might should have just port out and restarted the quest but I'm totally done. The bugs were way too exhausting.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The naysayers are foiled once more:

- We are hard at work on migrating the EU megaserver to its final home in a European datacenter. This move should be made sometime during the summer, and we’ll let you know as soon as there’s more info to share.

- Update 3 is scheduled to arrive sometime in July. It will focus on player customization systems like armor dyeing, guild insignias and tabards, and it will also be the start of the rework of our delves (smaller dungeons) to make them much larger and give them more worth exploring.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
It looks like that $200 million development cost rumor was not true. There would have been layoffs by now if it was true.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Still not free2play, right?
Going f2p would draw attention to the fact that this ship sank as soon as it was launched, and that would put people off buying the console versions. Of course, doing even a little bit of research would reveal that this game is shit - but that could require minutes worth of effort, so no consoletard's going to do it. I don't expect TESO to go f2p until next year.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$200 million development? I would be surprised if it was more than a quarter of that.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, they're already selling this for $30. Didn't it launch like... two months ago?

deuxhero

Arcane
If it didn't cost nearly 200 million, I'm pretty sure some law has been broken given they were loaned it to develop the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom