Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
...i like treasure maps (you get a drawing of a place, and that's it, Skyrim style)
You picqued my interest at least briefly. How difficult do picture-map hints get? The one you posted would be fairly simple due to the small footbridge.
The reason I ask is that there is one MMO that crushed it out of the park in regards to treasure maps.
DarkFall: Unholy Wars
The way they implemented rare ingredients + gold rewards by way of an orienteering-type mini-game was my personal favorite aspect. Good times.

edit2: the "kill enemy players" quest, which was responsible for 95% of PvP xp, has been capped at 20 kills per day; this makes it much harder to level through PvP without doing story content.
So not only there's little reason to do anything, now it's actually limited to "encourage" other ways of experiencing epic adventure.

:hmmm:

So far this shit makes WoW: Cataclysm cute effort in comparison.

bonescraper

...i like treasure maps (you get a drawing of a place, and that's it, Skyrim style)
You picqued my interest at least briefly. How difficult do picture-map hints get? The one you posted would be fairly simple due to the small footbridge.
The reason I ask is that there is one MMO that crushed it out of the park in regards to treasure maps.
DarkFall: Unholy Wars
The way they implemented rare ingredients + gold rewards by way of an orienteering-type mini-game was my personal favorite aspect. Good times.
Well, there's this other one i found, and i can't fucking find the place.

FCF48C41893F912476151FBBEA56BC53E99A76E7

All i know it's in this general area (it's named Stonefalls Treasure Map VI), which is almost Skyrim sized.

DE09B24A82ABABE6641A53ACF19102DDA0481446

The first one was indeed very easy. This one isn't, or i just suck at this shit.

bonescraper

The drawing has a brigde. There seem to be 3 bridges in the map (to central island).
Nah, i think that "river" is actually lava. There's plenty of lava near a errupted volcano. The area near the island is actually quite lush and green.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
GEE IT SURE WOULD BE NICE IF I HAD SOMEONE TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH

Fear not, the game is about to launch!

TESO LAUNCH DATES

•North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd
•UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Friday, April 4th
•Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Friday, April 4th
•Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, Friday, April 4th
•Singapore: 7:00 AM SGT, Friday, April 4th
Less than four hours until the Codex visits Daggerfall for the first time since 1996 :incline:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Word of advice: in order to activate your first free month of game time, you will need to pay the subscription fee for the second month in advance. If you don't want to do that for some reason (e.g. because you're terminally ill or you're about to be sent into space), you can cancel your subscription and immediately get a refund. This doesn't work with pre-paid cards obviously.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's only five million people in Norway?

Word of advice: in order to activate your first free month of game time, you will need to pay the subscription fee for the second month in advance. If you don't want to do that for some reason (e.g. because you're terminally ill or you're about to be sent into space), you can cancel your subscription and immediately get a refund. This doesn't work with pre-paid cards obviously.
So... unless you pay for a second month you don't get a free 30 days to try? Even WoW doesn't pull shit like that. Or does the cancelling not take away the free 30 days?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The devs have clarified that the automatic $14.99 payment is merely the standard credit card pre-auth check, and is supposed to be refunded within 1-2 days (although apparently it's refunded immediately if you cancel your subscription). If you are using pre-paid cards, game cards, or some other wacky systems like ideal or GiroPay, you will need to pay for the full second month in order to play the first month since refunds are impossible with those systems.

More info in this thread, but it's currently being flamed to hell and back by people who can't afford a temporary $14.99 payment (???).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Here's the full info from the ZO billing FAQ, quite simple actually:

Players setting up their subscription plan using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal may see an initial transaction against their account. However, this transaction is only temporary. The charge represents an authorization check against the account provided, and will be removed once the authorization check is complete.

Players using American Express, Webmoney, ideal, PaySafeCard, or Giropay to set up their subscription plan will be see the entire charge applied against their account immediately.

So American Express users have to purchase a full second month without a refund in order to play the free 30 days. AE is notoriously unfriendly to customers, so this comes as no surprise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom