Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Escapist bitch-slaps The Witcher

Herbert West

Arbiter
Brother None said:
Besides, isn't that a Polish person? You can't take Polish people seriously when discussing the Witcher.

There are some Polish posters here that are reasonable about the game.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Corvus.E said:
Wow. Maybe you are just a troll. Well, it worked. I commented.

People are really enjoying writing me off as a troll, lately. Either I am, or I'm getting on people's nerves because THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

A person you might recognise who just recently stuck his head in the sand said:
You have no idea what “Mr. Corvus got paid for.” I got paid to write an article about my experience with the game. I did so.

You’re assuming a lot about my experience with the game and my audience. That’s not the best stance to take when accusing someone of lacking professionalism. As for my “moral code”, I have received comments and personal correspondence thanking me for mentioning that part of the game.

For all my complaints about the game, there are things I didn’t address fully–such as ridiculously long load times, the primary complaint of people I spoke with at the local IGDA meeting last night. So, you see, it could have been an even more unflattering review had I put my mind to it.

..and yes, I have played games which did not contain so many graphical flaws. Many, many games.

"But some people agree with me!"

"You just don't know, man!"

"I actually failed to notice one of the biggest complaints which makes my review look much better in retrospect!" (how would that even work, Corvus? You failed to notice it yourself, but you just basically admitted that not only were you only critical, you were really bad at it too, missing one of the most important real flaws of the game)"

Here is the swan song of a man with his head in the sand. This man...is Corvus.

hint: sarcasm (I hope)

1 ounce sarcasm, 2 teaspoons of the fact that there really is a lot of rampant fanboyism for the Witcher coming from Poland.

MasPingon

Arcane
Brother None said:
Besides, isn't that a Polish person? You can't take Polish people seriously when discussing the Witcher.

I like reading your posts BN, I think you're reasonable guy, but this is uber stupid thing to say. Should I say your opinion about MotB, Fallout or P:T is pure shit couse you are are biased american?

Edit
Ups,I didin't notice sarcasm, you are better then sheek's gradpa

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MasPingon said:
Should I say your opinion about MotB, Fallout or P:T is pure shit couse you are are biased american?

I think it's safe to say I would not even have a remote problem with people ignoring my opinion because I'm a biased American.

Ausir

Arcane
MasPingon said:
I like reading your posts BN, I think you're reasonable guy, but this is uber stupid thing to say. Should I say your opinion about MotB, Fallout or P:T is pure shit couse you are are biased american?

Edit
Ups,I didin't notice sarcasm, you are better then sheek's gradpa

BN is a biased Dutchman. I've never seen him say anything bad about any of all the Dutch cRPGs out there.

cazsim83

Novice
Give BN a break - I've been distracting him lately.

But yeah, I think putting criticism for the original article on TheEscapist is a good idea. At least then people who read it will know what the opinions of the masses are. Here, nobody really fuels debate since so many are of the same mindset.

fake edit - Hey BN, didn't knowyou were in USA? I'll buy you a drink next time I'm in town (if you're old enough :lol: )

caliban

Scholar
He can't possibly be American. I sense about him the intellect and erudition that only true European can achieve. Unfortunately, he isn't Polish, which is bad, since he'd be a good patriot.Yet he can't be one of zee Germans, and doesn't sound quite gay enough to be French. Also, he is not native British, and certainly doesn't have the spirit of a true Irishman (Irish = almost as good as Slavic nations). He ain't macho enough to be Portuguese/Spanish/Italian, and clearly is neither a politically correct commie nor a perpetually depressed antisocial drinker so I doubt he's from Scandinavia. And he doesn't shoot Turk on sight, so not Greek either.

Hmm. Netherlands, then. Hardly a good country for me to live, since it is flat as a table and when I asked for a beer near RU campus in Nijmegen they always gave me a small beer (what kind of country has small beer as a default beer? beer = pint!), but I guess they have tulips. And stuff.

Now... hit or miss? :D

EDIT: Goddamnit, I need to upgrade my typing speed.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Brother None is from Mars, and therefore he has unbiased opinion on all earthly things. Being from Mars is the stapple of proffesional gaming journalism :cool:

Continuing that line of reason, we ought to load the Escapist staff into a rocket and send them to Mars, where they can be free of the burden of biased opinion and provide martian population with objective reviews.

Herbert West

Arbiter
caliban said:
I don't think BN would be happy if we did that ;)

Many people wouldn't be either, I suppose- it's always good to have something to bitch about if you're overcome by the need to do it :)

caliban

Scholar
Naah, you don't get it - imagine what would BN feel if he got up in the morning and went out to buy a morning newspaper, coffe in hand, just to discover Corvus lodged head-first into his lawn.

Saxon1974

Prophet
This guy is a total loser. The Witcher is not the best RPG ever made, but its a well made game, they dev's definitely put their full effort into it and it shows.

Some of his negatives are bizzarre...

-I dont have a problem with the control at all not sure why he did.
- The voice acting was decent I thought, much better than most games

Screw his politically correct stance on women. Do you think in a real medieval world the views on women would be as they are now? Also, Trish isnt exactly shown as an object with no brain, she is a powerful women who is intelligent and is connected in powerful places. Since she decided to sleep with Geralt does that mean the game is sexist against the Witcher since she sleeps with him? This stuff drives me crazy.

cazsim83

Novice
Herbert West said:
Brother None is from Mars, and therefore he has unbiased opinion on all earthly things. Being from Mars is the stapple of proffesional gaming journalism :cool:

Continuing that line of reason, we ought to load the Escapist staff into a rocket and send them to Mars, where they can be free of the burden of biased opinion and provide martian population with objective reviews.

damn fanboi..... :wink:

Herbert West

Arbiter
cazsim83 said:
Herbert West said:

damn fanboi..... :wink:

Yes, I absolutely love rockets :cool:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i never got what is sexiest about The witcher.

Most of them have sex with you because they want to.
They act a bit like the women i have had the pleasure of spend time with.

Women like sex.

Crolug

Liturgist
Brother None is from same country as Leo Beenhakker so we can assume he's half Polish by now ;) One step closer to be a true fanboi...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Crolug said:
Brother None is from same country as Leo Beenhakker so we can assume he's half Polish by now.

Yes, but I'm a countryman of Guus Hiddink too. And while I always liked Don Leo, Guus is higher in my mental coach hierarchy. That and the fact that I study Russian Studies makes me more half Russian than half Polish.

Except if I'm half Dutch half Russian half Polish. A Dutchrussianpolish manbearpig?

Nael

Arcane
Brother None said:
Crolug said:
Brother None is from same country as Leo Beenhakker so we can assume he's half Polish by now.

Yes, but I'm a countryman of Guus Hiddink too. And while I always liked Don Leo, Guus is higher in my mental coach hierarchy. That and the fact that I study Russian Studies makes me more half Russian than half Polish.

Except if I'm half Dutch half Russian half Polish. A Dutchrussianpolish manbearpig?

If George Orwell had anything to say that'd make you "Cowpighorse".

Nael said:
Brother None said:
Crolug said:

And if Al Gore did, he's be Manbearpig.

Nael

Arcane
Futile Rhetoric said:
Nael said:
Brother None said:
Crolug said:

And if Al Gore did, he's be Manbearpig.

George Orwell>Al Gore

:cool:

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Herbert West said:
Sex is good. Violence is bad...
Whoa.. woha. Hold on. I think you got these two mixed up. Clearly, sex is bad.

Otherwise, wouldn't everyone be complaining about the violence in games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom