Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Expanded CRPG Book is out!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's no integer option in InDesign, but I found a guide on how handle that: https://creativepro.com/export-selection-precise-size/
Not quite sure how that's relevant here? If you're referring to the Apple screenshots, if are able to take captures from the emulator using square pixels, you can do your usual 5x horizontal & 6x vertical integer upscaling trick, then let InDesign scale it down to whatever size. That will yield sharp, even pixels. Just scale up 320x200 content to 1600x1200 using no interpolation, then let InDesign do the rest.
The problem is that the 1600x1200 must then be resized inside InDesign, I was worried that it was that the issue, so was going to do some math & very high-res rescales to line the pixels perfectly with the ID resolution.

Turns out it wasn't needed, I had really had fucked up on the rescaling and just pulled it 320x200 -> 640x480. It's one of the downsides of working so long on something, some of these pages I did 9 years ago and never re-checked for details like this. Fixed it now:

63gOezg.png

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How long does shipping take?

FedEx is a bit unpredictable, could be 2 days or weeks.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, since they still haven't sent mine I'm starting to think I should get it around Christmas

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, since they still haven't sent mine I'm starting to think I should get it around Christmas

I got a tracking number 20 minutes after ordering. Few hours later I have a delivery date (30 August) and a shipping confirmation.

Sucks to be you I guess :smug:

2.5kg? Holy shit that explains the shipping cost

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The problem is that the 1600x1200 must then be resized inside InDesign, I was worried that it was that the issue, so was going to do some math & very high-res rescales to line the pixels perfectly with the ID resolution.
Yeah, it's not a problem if you're scaling from a sufficiently large image with some smoothing/interpolating scaler algo like bilinear or Lanczos. Depends on the target DPI, really. You can always overdo it a bit and upscale to 3200x2400 and let InDesign do the rest; that's the fool-proof way even for large full-page images.

Relying on the "no interpolation" upscaler of InDesign or any software to do the right thing and to get the *exact* ratio right is hit-or-miss, in general. As you've experienced :)

Turns out it wasn't needed, I had really had fucked up on the rescaling and just pulled it 320x200 -> 640x480. It's one of the downsides of working so long on something, some of these pages I did 9 years ago and never re-checked for details like this. Fixed it now:
Next time you make a major update to the physical book, you can hit me up to check the images :) (But no proof-reading, I'm really bad at that... I rely on spell-checkers most of the time.)

PS: The colours look now great too in RGB!

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I got a tracking number 20 minutes after ordering. Few hours later I have a delivery date (30 August) and a shipping confirmation.

Sucks to be you I guess :smug:

2.5kg? Holy shit that explains the shipping cost
Yeah, same story for me, with the exact same date. Got it this morning and I ordered the books yesterday.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got my copy. I was supposed to get it on the 31st, but the courier called me, and I told them to leave it outside my place.

Excellent packaging. The thing is massive. You could probably kill someone with it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, that is where I have sex masturbate read books. The book had like five or six layers of different layers of protection. Plastic, cardboard, and more. Will use these guys again for ordering books.
20230828_213210.jpg

Last edited:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Yes, that is where I have sex masturbate read books. The book had like five or six layers of different layers of protection. Plastic, cardboard, and more. Will use these guys again for ordering books.
Yeah whoever they use for shipping is incredible. If I was going to ship a bible to the pope, I would use whoever packages these books.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My package is out, should arrive within a week. Hopefully they didn't forget the second copy as with Eirinjas

My package consisting of 4 books is 9kg, dog damn! I can lift by using books.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I ordered the book the last Friday, and it arrived today on Tuesday, like 2 full work days. That's insanely fast!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom