Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics The Lamplighters League - turn-based tactics in pulp 1930s setting from Harebrained Schemes

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Going to sleep on this one, wake me up when they announce the horror game.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Ok, I'll give 'em that it hasn't been done before. Here's hoping it will not turn out to be a generic tactical boredom with an ugly artstyle.

EDIT: Apparently it's gonna have a real-time stealth phase before starting combat (reminiscent of XCOM), banter between companions and a jazzy soundtrack.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ss_adacdf927d62d14e6f19995b31aad1bc3555b2bc.1920x1080.jpg

trpg, belongs in the tactical gaming subforum :M

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
unless the whole studio was wiped out and replaced by replicants, all they know how to design are mobile games indeed
Dragonfall and Hong Kong compare favorably to most post-2010s RPGs, Paradox should've invested into making Harebrained a big boy studio instead of blowing cash on subpar shit (Tyranny) and vaporware (Bloodlines 2).

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
unless the whole studio was wiped out and replaced by replicants, all they know how to design are mobile games indeed
Dragonfall and Hong Kong compare favorably to most post-2010s RPGs, Paradox should've invested into making Harebrained a big boy studio instead of blowing cash on subpar shit (Tyranny) and vaporware (Bloodlines 2).
nevertheless they are not normal rpgs ported to mobile (like baulders), they're mobile rpgs ported to pc
it's painfully apparent when you attempt to navigate the menus, if only to use consumables, if the simplistic exploration design isn't convincing enough

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I love occult shit.

Feeling mixed about the art style. Wish they went with a more mature theme. I really want a good lovecraftian game with this kind of structure.

Cautiously optimistic.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Getting very tired of trailers that I don't even have to click on before a nigger is shoved in my face
That guy's an arab though... You're not even racist correctly.
I was going to say it's because I'm on mobile but I zoomed in and it still looks like a nigger. How many non-white archeologists that dress like that ever existed in all of history? I'm going to guess not many more than 0.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Harebrained's twice the size it was when Paradox bought them. Too much growth in a short period of time is bad (as Hardsuit found out the hard way). This looks like a suitable evolution of the Battletech foundation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom