Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the most awesome weapon selection ever

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Guys I was thinking. What if we put THE MOST AWESOME guns into a shooter game.

like:
melee weapon - katana
pistol - desart eagle that you can duel wield
shotgun - COREPOUND ASSHAMMER XD XD (range: 2 meters)
rifle- whichever is the newest US military rifle in development that won't ever actually reach production
FLAMETHROWAR (range: 5 meters)
granade launchar (range: 5 meters)
rocket launcher (missile speed: 5 mph)
crossbow (or xbow as I like to call it) which will do more damage than sniper rifles, also instead of bolts it will shoot like plutonium rods from a power plant
4 different skins of the 50 caliber barret snipar rifles so people have something to use in multiplayer
then we need some sort of slick ass machine gun or SMG as they are called it will be tacticool with black paint and a silencer
mp5s stopped bein cool for some reason so i'm gonna google "SMG ergonomic grip" and get back to you

racofer

Thread Incliner
You need to walk around in a heavy armored suit too. The suit has like 6 mounted automatic turrets that fire in every direction, mowing down enemies that constantly spawn from every direction.

CrimHead

Scholar
Blood and Painkiller had awesome weapon selections. I'm not really into FPSes but those were pretty original in what they had to offer compared to most other shooters I've played. Oh, Prey too. At least in design.

like:
melee weapon - katana

lolno

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweihänder

Dapperheidgrotepier.jpg

In 1791, Jacobus Kok wrote that above the porticus of the New City Hall of Leeuwarden, two remarkably large swords were found which were said to have belonged to Grutte Pier and his nephew Wijard Jelckama. Donia was noted for the ability to wield this great sword so efficiently that he could behead multiple people with it in a single blow.[26]

Today, a great sword that is said to have belonged to Pier is on display at the Fries museum in Leeuwarden. It measures 2.15 metres (7 ft) in length and weighs about 6.6 kilograms (14.6 lb). To have wielded such a weapon, he must have been a man of unusual stature and superior physical strength.[27] Some sources put his height at 7ft.[28] Pier was alleged to be so strong that he could bend coins using just his thumb, index and middle finger. A huge helmet said to be Grutte Pier's is kept in the town hall of Sneek.[29]

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
kingcomrade said:

like:
melee weapon - katana
rifle- whichever is the newest US military rifle in development that won't ever actually reach production

They already did that.

BTW safety for grenade launcher is at least 7 m. The grenade will not activate without flying at least 7 m distance. (Yes bouncing back to the shooter passes as 7 m distance.)

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
kingcomrade said:

like:
melee weapon - katana
crossbow (or xbow as I like to call it) which will do more damage than sniper rifles, also instead of bolts it will shoot like plutonium rods from a power plant
4 different skins of the 50 caliber barret snipar rifles so people have something to use in multiplayer
then we need some sort of slick ass machine gun or SMG as they are called it will be tacticool with black paint and a silencer
mp5s stopped bein cool for some reason so i'm gonna google "SMG ergonomic grip" and get back to you

That sounds very interesting, I would totally play a game like that. Too bad there aren't any LOL.

WHat if.... We made the game! Think about it, we could lead the project, then we just need a coder and a modeller (and an animator.. I think?). I've made maps in CS: Source so we've got that covered. We could totally do it!! Also I think we need grenades and stuff in the game, you didnt mention granades.

Edit: Sry you did say granade launher, but I think we need grenades you can throw, like molotov cocktails.

spectre

Arcane
Dude, this selection so needs a frikken LAZOR CANNON lol, or better yet, a rapid fire nukular launcher. That would be teh kool.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
kingcomrade said:

like:
melee weapon - katana

Play F3 with FOOK.

Anyway my favourite weapons are Voodoo Doll (Blood), Katana (Shadow Warrior), Shrink Ray (Duke3d), Alien Bra Gun (Redneck Rampage), Chainsaw (Doom) and Nail Gun (Quake).

Multi-headed Cow

I like using the vector with rapid fire, sleight of hand, stopping power, and steady aim.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
CrimHead said:
Blood and Painkiller had awesome weapon selections. I'm not really into FPSes but those were pretty original in what they had to offer compared to most other shooters I've played. Oh, Prey too. At least in design.
Heh, first game I had in mind when I saw the thread title was Painkiller. Prey's looked cool but that was it.

desocupado

Magister
I don't know guys, but I think this weapon selection is pretty standard.

What if we change the katana for a battle axe with an essential viking hat. When you selected the battle axe, the game would switch to 3rd person, so you could see you pimp viking hat.

Also, the list lacks a gun that shoots black piranhas. Not black as in the color, black as in down with the hood, yo, these piranhas gonna put a cap in yo white bitch ass.

Also, a cobalt or cesium gun. It does not kill the enemy outright, but it in a few months he will develop HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ass cancer, so he kills himself to avoid such fate.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
kingcomrade said:

like:
melee weapon - katana

Bloodlines' got most all of that.

desocupado

Magister
Grunker said:
kingcomrade said:

like:
melee weapon - katana

Every fps has got most all of that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
desocupado said:
Grunker said:
kingcomrade said:

like:
melee weapon - katana

Every fps has got most all of that.

Duke Nukem doesn't. Actually I can think of a huge number of FPS' that doesn't and only Bloodlines which does. I don't play them that often though.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Duke Nukem 3D.

FIRST: all the regular boring gay stuff:
- kicking ass
- pistol
- shotgun
- machine gun
- RPG

AND NOW: the FUCKING AWESOME stuff:
- kicking ass WITH BOTH LEGS AT THE SAME TIME (thereby defying Newtonian physics)
- pipe bombs with remote detonation (made aweomse by level design that allows some pretty cool use of it)
- freeze ray, with the ability to shatter your enemies!
- shrink ray, which allows you to STOMP your enemies!
- microwave ray: enemies get bigger and then BLOW UP, dealing splash damage on top of it!
- LASER TRIP MINES
- THE FUCKING DEVASTATOR

Seriously, what other game has such a cool collection of weapons?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sceptic said:
Duke Nukem 3D.

FIRST: all the regular boring gay stuff:
- kicking ass
- pistol
- shotgun
- machine gun
- RPG

AND NOW: the FUCKING AWESOME stuff:
- kicking ass WITH BOTH LEGS AT THE SAME TIME (thereby defying Newtonian physics)
- pipe bombs with remote detonation (made aweomse by level design that allows some pretty cool use of it)
- freeze ray, with the ability to shatter your enemies!
- shrink ray, which allows you to STOMP your enemies!
- microwave ray: enemies get bigger and then BLOW UP, dealing splash damage on top of it!
- LASER TRIP MINES
- THE FUCKING DEVASTATOR

Seriously, what other game has such a cool collection of weapons?

I would never sow doubt about the glorious amount of kick-ass in the arsenal of the Duke. Please forgive me if that was the image I conveyed. I merely meant that his amory of fiery death did not match the specifics of dear Kingcomrade.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Grunker said:
Please forgive me if that was the image I conveyed. I merely meant that his amory of fiery death did not match the specifics of dear Kingcomrade.
That was not an attack on you, I knew what you meant. But seeing your post reminded me of the awesomeness of Duke Nukem 3D and its weapon arsenal, and I had to share.

Clockwork Knight said:
perhaps this
Yeah, except he can do it without moving the rest of his body. That's how badass he is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom