Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the most awesome weapon selection ever

Phelot

Arcane
Hexen had a killer arsenal

Freezing enemies and then shattering them
A fucking cross that shoots out ghosts that kill everything
firing lightning
OMG SWORDS

Blood's aerosol can with lighter

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sceptic said:
That was not an attack on you, I knew what you meant. But seeing your post reminded me of the awesomeness of Duke Nukem 3D and its weapon arsenal, and I had to share.

Quite alright. If we can't gush over Duke's weaponry there's not much left to love.

Multi-headed Cow

Secretninja said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
I like using the UMP with sleight of hand, commando, and cold blooded.

Fixed.
UMP's good general use, but I like the vector if I'm in it for killing people. And when I go UMP I've been doing silencer, marathon, hardline (Farming care packages to get challanges on everything), and steady aim. Commando wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Secretninja

Cipher
3 shot kill with silencer at any range without stopping power makes UMP best gun in game. I would use hardline in modes where you only get one life, because people tend to get less killstreaks so you benefit less from coldblooded. But steady aim is retarded, and commando is fucking awesome especially with a tac-knife.

Multi-headed Cow

Fuck KKK I'm talking Modern Brofare 2 here.

And yeah Secretninja, I really need to ditch steady aim on that class. Either commando or ninja (To get ninja pro again, I'm on prestige 1 now. And not showing up on heartbeat is decent but not making noise when moving is cool).

I've also been using M4 a lot since I'm trying to get the "All upgrades unlocked" title for it. Didn't use it much during my first 70 levels but it's really not too shabby.

ElectricOtter

phelot said:
Hexen had a killer arsenal

Freezing enemies and then shattering them
A fucking cross that shoots out ghosts that kill everything
firing lightning
OMG SWORDS

Blood's aerosol can with lighter
you forgot the MOTHER FUCKING EXPLODING HAMMER

Secretninja

Cipher
Pretty much all the assault rifles are similar, with the exception being the terrible f2000. All benefit from stopping power but the FAL. My favorites are the m16 and the ACR, depending if I want more power or full auto with my noob tube.

Multi-headed Cow

FAL, oh god. I love silenced FAL. I am a notoriously bad sniper but I can do reasonably well with the FAL if I put my mind to it and it's a lot of fun.

Agreed on F2000 being terrible. I messed with it a little and didn't find anything worthwhile about it.

soggie

Educated
Multi-headed Cow said:
FAL, oh god. I love silenced FAL. I am a notoriously bad sniper but I can do reasonably well with the FAL if I put my mind to it and it's a lot of fun.

Agreed on F2000 being terrible. I messed with it a little and didn't find anything worthwhile about it.

Really? I thought the front ejecting mechanism was pretty novel. What's wrong with the F2000?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
desocupado said:
Grunker said:
kingcomrade said:
Guys I was thinking. What if we put THE MOST AWESOME guns into a shooter game.

like:
melee weapon - katana
pistol - desart eagle that you can duel wield
shotgun - COREPOUND ASSHAMMER XD XD (range: 2 meters)
rifle- whichever is the newest US military rifle in development that won't ever actually reach production
FLAMETHROWAR (range: 5 meters)
granade launchar (range: 5 meters)
rocket launcher (missile speed: 5 mph)
crossbow (or xbow as I like to call it) which will do more damage than sniper rifles, also instead of bolts it will shoot like plutonium rods from a power plant
4 different skins of the 50 caliber barret snipar rifles so people have something to use in multiplayer
then we need some sort of slick ass machine gun or SMG as they are called it will be tacticool with black paint and a silencer
mp5s stopped bein cool for some reason so i'm gonna google "SMG ergonomic grip" and get back to you

Bloodlines' got most all of that.

Every fps has got most all of that.
well done

deuxhero said:
The weapon in Hexen 2 that summons a tornado (Meteor shaft+tome of power I think) .

A little correct =)
In HeXen II, Crusader can summon tornado by using Meteor Staff with Tome of Power. Its my favorite character. And i am fan of this game.
If you experience problems with this game use http://uhexen2.sourceforge.net/ source port =)
And i am waiting for http://www.hexenmod.com/ =))

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
mockup.png

Multi-headed Cow

root said:
Modern Brofare 2 is actually quite extreme considering you can use nukular bombs.
I have been cheated out of a nuke twice now. First time I was using a grenade launcher with one man army for shits and giggles on wasteland and managed to go over the 25 killstreak due to amazingly inept enemy team, only to realize that WAS THE SINGLE TIME I DIDN'T HAVE NUKE ON MY KILLSTREAK LIST HOLY GOD DAMN SHIT. Second time I had a killstreak around 10 and had two non-package harriers and chopper gunners, then our team planted both bombs at the same time and both went off so I didn't get to use them which would have been an almost guaranteed nuke.

One day I will get nuke bros.

MisterStone

Arcane
Dude, the best pistol evar wuold be if the guy, you know, the dude that is you got too frustrated with pistols being too pussy, and he modded the receiver of a .50BMG machine gun to have a pistol grip and pistol barrel n stuff so he had a giant .50BMG MACHINEGUN PISTOL. Tehn after a few levels he'd find ANOTHER one. SO HE'D DUAL WIELD .50BMG MACHINE GUN PISTOLS.

Also a giant sledge hammer than fires shotgun rounds into the opponent when you smash them with it. And a taser connected to a portable fusion reactor that would make the enemies eyes melt when you zap them with it.

Oh, and maybe nunchucks that have powered chainsaw blades. You know what I'm talking about.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Perfect Dark had cool weapons. No-one lives forever as well. I love weapons with secondary functions like putting them as stationary turrets or sticky mines and stuff like that. Bananas were awesome traps in NOLF, cuz you could hear when your enemy had tripped on one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom