Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The next Bioware project

afewhours

Scholar
Matt7895 said:
The NWN OC was bit predictable and cliched, but for me it was far more fun to play than the Diablo-esque Baldur's Gate.

Hmmm? But surely NWN has more in common with Diablo than BG? BG gave you a full six member party as opposed to NWN's one and a bit. NWN was much more on rails than BG. With Diablo, you progressed through your merry dungeon one level at a time, with no real options to wander anywhere else. While NWN gave you more options than Diablo, it also gave you less than BG.

Obviously, there's accounting for how much fun one has. 'tis just I find the Diablo comparison a little odd.

Matt7895 said:
Plus its unfair to rate the entire game of NWN just by its original campaign. There's the two expansions, the premium modules and the huge amount of custom content that really makes the game for me.

I agree. The OC may have been painful, but the extra stuff you mention made NWN worthwhile. I liked 'Kingmaker' in particular.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"While NWN gave you more options than Diablo, it also gave you less than BG."

False.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom