Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I really hope and it seems real (as i have Wasteland 2 with ea for long enough) that W2 will be for post apo games same "back on the right path" in great style as DOS is now for fantasy setting. Im already bored with these new fallouts, which are only playable heavily modded (and still earthbound and weak as shit) or playing F1/F2 with mods for ten thousand time, over again.
We need real shit for post apo games, not another Fallout from Bethesda (let them stay with ES series, im sure they are just better at fantasy setting)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
We need real shit for post apo games

2116437-169_dragon_age_panel_pax_east_2012_pt2_pc_041012.jpg

How long has it been since the last update?
IIRC there aren't any more until release, nothing to say til then. I mean, there's some Wall of text bullshit taking about fanboys or something, but who the fuck wants to read all that instead of talking about games that are actually released?

Arkeus

Arcane
How long has it been since the last update?
IIRC there aren't any more until release, nothing to say til then. I mean, there's some Wall of text bullshit taking about fanboys or something, but who the fuck wants to read all that instead of talking about games that are actually released?
I am sure Roguey would want a bit more talk about W2 and especially PoE :p

Loriac

Arcane
I really hope and it seems real (as i have Wasteland 2 with ea for long enough) that W2 will be for post apo games same "back on the right path" in great style as DOS is now for fantasy setting. Im already bored with these new fallouts, which are only playable heavily modded (and still earthbound and weak as shit) or playing F1/F2 with mods for ten thousand time, over again.
We need real shit for post apo games, not another Fallout from Bethesda (let them stay with ES series, im sure they are just better at fantasy setting)

No need to worry on this score to be honest; Underrail looks like it will be the game you're looking for.

I'm still hopeful for W2, but I've now migrated from the camp of 'will buy when its released' to 'will wait to see what the reviews are like and if the game seems ok will buy'. I really hope that W2 isn't disappointing; Wasteland was probably my favorite game as a teenager, hell I can still remember the day I bought the game and was admiring the box / contents / manual driving back home, but I'm becoming increasingly doubtful that W2 will preserve any of those good memories.

there's some Wall of text bullshit taking about fanboys or something,
Have seen a few of those anti-fanboy wall-o-texts on the 'Dex recently, in fact there's another superb example on the DOS thread... :cool:
Must have missed it, all I saw going on in there was the PoE vs D:OS thing, anything against those people is more anti-retard than anti-fanboy. Given that one's released and one hasn't had a beta.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh, damn! Neat.
I know DivOS set the bar up pretty damn high, but I still hope WL2 will find it's own success. (Fuck Unity tho)

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
D:OS is a pretty great game, but a lot of Codexers need to calm the fuck down about it. The guys at Obsidian (or even inXile, I think) have a pretty good chance to have an equally strong impact on the RPG landscape.

The three of these games are not even really comparable. They do different things.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's a given. Of course, I hope all of 'em make it big...
However, DivOS' success was boosted by it's co-op a LOT more than I thought it would.

The other "big" RPGs don't have that.

Weasel
I think even those who really enjoy DOS acknowledge its flaws. But it's still great to see a turnbased RPG with environmental interaction and no quest compass doing well... perhaps a new group of gamers will enjoy the tb gameplay and we'll see more games like this.

But despite all the negativity over WL2 I hope the final product does ok, it wouldn't be great to have a flop as they ramp up work on Torment. Let's face it, there will be plenty of criticism and edginess on the Codex over all these games, but it's easy to forget how starved we were for decent games before these kickstarters. If Larian, Inxile and Obsidian all get decent sales and become self-sustaining without publishers then the future looks a lot brighter.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I really do hope WL2 will be good.. so far D:OS has proved to be strong contender in the new RPG's... but I do think people also need to calm down abit about D:OS.

WL2 will be a quite different setting, style and game from D:OS, though.

Man I love that new Dr. Goochman picture... callback to the Master of Fallout 1... Aweesome ;)

Also I think people are forgetting that D:OS spent a lot of time in development before even making it to kickstarter.

It would be like if InXile finished WL2 the way it is now, and THEN made a new kickstarter to expand the existing content and make new stuff and polish for another year or 2.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I really do hope WL2 will be good.. so far D:OS has proved to be strong contender in the new RPG's... but I do think people also need to calm down abit about D:OS.

WL2 will be a quite different setting, style and game from D:OS, though.

Man I love that new Dr. Goochman picture... callback to the Master of Fallout 1... Aweesome ;)

Also I think people are forgetting that D:OS spent a lot of time in development before even making it to kickstarter.

It would be like if InXile finished WL2 the way it is now, and THEN made a new kickstarter to expand the existing content and make new stuff and polish for another year or 2.. :)

:updatedmytxt:

Thought process:

step 1: Make an alt :)

step 2: say the same shit I always say :D

step 3: use the same paragraph structure and smiley density ;)

step 4: ???
step 5: profit!! :bounce:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
a month, and wow that time went fast for me, thought it was still a few months away.
Bit more than a month still, as we're targeting the end of summer 2014. Time flies!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom