Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Thiaf Pre-Release Thread

Lancehead

Liturgist
Hey, I like that third screenshot. As for the game, I fully expect they'll try to make it into a Assassin's Creed/Dishonoured competitor.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
So, low FOV and visible hands? Okay.

The whole "dark Steampunk city" thing is originally from Thief and was copied by Dishonored, so I hope you're not referring to that.
Did you actually read my post before even starting to blabber?

Perhaps you should actually post something other than a single picture and a broken picture before starting to be your usual cuntish self? You know, give an actual reply?

Wasteland 2
These Dishonored 2 shots look ok, oh wait... o_O

4SSkFAltgM0.jpg

jgFF2gCt-Jg.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin
Where's the light gem? And that screenshot with "enhanced" view is pretty much like the one in dishonored. And please, no animations when using the blackjack or any form of stealth take-down. Guess that's asking too much.

Edit:

Seems there's a lot of 3rd person view. shit. And oblivion style lockpicking minigame?

thank god we have FMs for thief 2...

Tel Velothi

Cipher
It looks good to me as far as level of details go, but I don't like yellow/green lightning obviously. Also Garret design is overcomplicated and popamolish-EVUL (Assassin-Creedish). I'm also concerned about his hands "interacting" with enviroment - are those cutscenes?

BEFORE:

AFTER my little tweaks in Photoshop:

sa3wxIG.jpg

I know it sucks, but at least it's properly dark out there.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I can take you being a boring fuck, shrek. Do however try to make an argument every once in awhile. What's so fucking Dishonered about this? The sneaking? The limited FOV? The hands? The lightning? The artstyle? The steampunk city? Come on. Spit it out. Show me you can.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Where's the light gem? And that screenshot with "enhanced" view is pretty much like the one in dishonored. And please, no animations when using the blackjack or any form of stealth take-down. Guess that's asking too much.
You mean cinematic takedown animations, as in Deus Ex HR. Because normal animations are needed, one each for at least normal strike and powerful strike.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I can take you being a boring fuck, shrek. Do however try to make an argument every once in awhile.
Look at this fucktard.

Dude where are your arguments? When you accuse others of presenting none, it does not absolve you of the your own guilt. I did not make arguments yet since I am waiting for more information regarding the status of the Cover shooting.

Aaaand ignored.

Divinity: Original Sin
You mean cinematic takedown animations, as in Deus Ex HR. Because normal animations are needed, one each for at least normal strike and powerful strike.

Yes. no "press a button and an elaborate animation happens". Just a swing animation, the same used even when you're blackjacking in the air. The dishonored kind, which is similar to stealth takedown's in crysis 2 and 3, are not welcome also. Garrett isn't a choke machine, or an expert martial artist.

Gord

Arcane
Screens look nice.
Just using the contrast slider in the graphics settings will already go a long way in making it look more in line with older parts.
Trying to judge gameplay from a few pre-release shots is stupid though.
For that we'll have to wait and see. They keep pretty tight about it, it seems.

But Skyway's gonna Skyway...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
d4p2KPkJ_2M.jpg

HNNNGGGG, lockpicking minigame confirmed.

HCvs2x_IR2A.jpg

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG most likely magical mystical power-granting macguffin.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Shadenuat

Arcane
Thief would be the only game where in-depth lockpicking makes sense. Here's a hope that there will be multiple lock types, lockpicks types, puzzle elements, time will not stop or go into slow-mo when you pick doors and lockpicks will break and you'll have to buy new and better ones... and so on, and so on.

...or we'll just get one twitchy minigame and unbreakable lockpick which you can upgrade for ONLY 0,98$ GOOD PRICE IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO GET XP AND LEVEL UP, then WE, YOUR FRIENDS DEVELOPERS, are ready to provide EXPERIENCE YOU WANT, because we don't want anything between YOU and THE GAME!! PRE-ORDER AND GET UNIQUE LOCKPICK... NOW! :kingcomrade:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
HCvs2x_IR2A.jpg

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG most likely magical mystical power-granting macguffin.

Could be the light gem. It'd be neat to drop the HUD entirely and make the player disarm themselves temporarely to check if they're in shadow. Although it takes up too much of the screen right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom