Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Top Ten Reasons Why TES V: Skyrim > Dragon Age II

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
10. Fact: single-player RPG's are actually better than party-based RPG's now, and have been so since the death of Black Isle Studios.

9. TES' fanbase, although severely retarded, has at least not been infiltrated by sexual deviants, odd fanfic weirdos and hairy dwarf fantasizers.

8. No gay romances.

7. Much deeper series history and lore. Yes, it's been feverishly raped by Todd and Co., but at least it exists in undisturbed format at such places as The Imperial Library, etc.

6. Even though both games will feature dragons, the ones presented to us by Bethesda will be much larger. And cooler. Of this I am certain.

5. TEH GRAFFIX!!!1

4. No more Gamebryo, no more SpeedTree, REAL RadiantAI this time... need I continue?

3. A distinct lack of anything resembling the Deep Roads. Thank GOD.

2. TEH GRAFFIXXXXX!!!!!!!11

and the Number One reason why TES V: Skyrim will easily dominate Dragon Age II:

1. Actually they'll probably both suck. :(

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crispy said:
9. TES' fanbase, although severely retarded, has at least not been infiltrated by sexual deviants, odd fanfic weirdos and hairy dwarf fantasizers.

8. No gay romances.

That was enough.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Actually the one good thing I got out of the recent Todd interview was that he noted that Oblivion was very generic art-wise and there will be differentiated regions in Skyrim.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"10. Fact: single-player RPG's are actually better than party-based RPG's now, and have been so since the death of Black Isle Studios."

No.

"9. TES' fanbase, although severely retarded, has at least not been infiltrated by sexual deviants, odd fanfic weirdos and hairy dwarf fantasizers."

Bullshit.

"8. No gay romances. "

*shrug*

"7. Much deeper series history and lore. Yes, it's been feverishly raped by Todd and Co., but at least it exists in undisturbed format at such places as The Imperial Library, etc."

ES has no real lore. It's all shit and generic. While DA lore isn't perfect, it's MUCH better.The Fade backstory alone trumps anything the shitty ES can come up with.

"6. Even though both games will feature dragons, the ones presented to us by Bethesda will be much larger. And cooler. Of this I am certain."

Size only matters to a certain degree. Big but not too big. like tits.

"5. TEH GRAFFIX!!!1"

ES series will always have shitty graphics.

"4. No more Gamebryo, no more SpeedTree, REAL RadiantAI this time... need I continue?"

Boring. Banal. Bullshit.

"3. A distinct lack of anything resembling the Deep Roads. Thank GOD."

So, they'll lack things like fun combat, interesting interatcions, and awesome dark mood and setting.

"2. TEH GRAFFIXXXXX!!!!!!!11"

Ugly brown shit ala MW doesn';t equal goodness.

'Nough said.

Ghoulem

Erudite
There was some gay romance in Morrowind today. I insulted a Deadra and it said it would try to gently rape my corpse.

Crispy said:

*Blink*

I love the modding scenes in both Morrowind and Oblivion, but there are quite a few deviants running around the community. Hell, Morrowind has a mod introducing a hermaphroditic vampire sex guild. I mean, yeah.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
I love the modding scenes in both Morrowind and Oblivion, but there are quite a few deviants running around the community. Hell, Morrowind has a mod introducing a hermaphroditic vampire sex guild. I mean, yeah.

This is a common misconception. Those who make these kind of mods are really just utiliziing the flexibility of the Construction Set to mimic their sexual desires (ask racofer). Those same sexual desires, however, are beginning to appear in the Dragon Age games from right out of the box.

The deviants have extended to the developers themselves.

Twinkle

Liturgist
TES' fanbase, although severely retarded, has at least not been infiltrated by sexual deviants, odd fanfic weirdos and hairy dwarf fantasizers.

Do I really need to post pics proving how wrong you are? :smug:

DraQ

Arcane
In biowhore fandom scary shit is on the very surface, I'd love to think about all those gay bromance loving creeps merely as of free souls liberated from narrow confines of judeochristian morality, but I somehow can't - they're just creepy. Their chest-hair obsession terryfying. Their "chocolate fanpicks" downright scary. If this is the surface, official content and official forums, then I don't dare to guess what lurks beneath.

:what:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mangoose said:
DraQ said:
Divinity 3 will incinerate both with it's fiery breath.
:smug:
You're just upset you can't ride dragons in Skyrim.

And you know what I mean by "ride."

Modders will fix it.

Varn

Educated
1. Skyrim will feature the "Modomage" mini-game playable in taverns, whereby the player can spend days if not weeks downloading, installing and load-ordering 100's of usually completely mediocre if not downright trash mods, before booting the game proper up with keen anticipation.

Upon playing the game for 10 minutes it is then ordinarily promptly uninstalled, however the length depth and challenge of the Modomage mini-game is still considered to rival that of many AAA titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom