Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Top Ten Reasons Why TES V: Skyrim > Dragon Age II

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
104808-7.jpg

FatCat

Educated
Dragon age 2 is in no competition with Skyrim.

it's Twitcher 2 vs DA 2.

Tough it's obvious that Bethesda will rip all competitors with Skyrim waiting for butthurt bioware.

tennishero

Novice
the elder scrolls is the most consistent series ever made for pc gaming

4 main entires in, and four AAA titles

what is remarkable about TES is that each instalment has attracted a new crowd, whilst still being relevant to the core audience and not destroying the lore

arena was old skool to the extreme

daggerfall was a HUGE world, hundreds of times the size of morrowind and oblivion combined, it really was the first game that actually felt like you were in a world and not a small colony

morrowind changed the rules big time- on launch the game blew everyone away- the setting, the story, the guilds, the graphics for its time- everything was perfect. the lands of morrowind had been a dream before but with morrowind the game you finally were free to explore this gorgeous alien land. i honestly think the artists at bethesda are the best in the world at what they do

morrowind sold millions but beth wanted to keep its core audience and bring in casuals aswell- one step back 2 steps forward. the combat was a huge improvment- the setting wasn't as good (shivering isles fixed that) but the npc and radiant AI changed the way people look at RPG AI. there is much criticism against oblivion, but even to this day its the most relevant rpg in pc gaming, the first pc rpg to do jrpg sales, if morrowind started the decline of jrpgs to western rpgs, then oblivion was the coffin nail to kill off jrpg and suddenly make japan an unnecessary place

skyrim has got big boots to fill. i dont doubt for a second beth can do it

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The above post was brought to you by Trolls Inc.

"the elder scrolls is the most consistent series ever made for pc gaming

4 main entires in, and four AAA titles"

The elder scrolls is the most consistent series ever made for the PC gaming.

5 main entries in, and five of the shittiest titles ever.

Have ya forgotten Oblivion? L0LZ

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
The above post was brought to you by Trolls Inc.

"[bovine manure etc etc etc]"

The elder scrolls is the most consistent series ever made for the PC gaming.

5 main entries in, and five of the shittiest titles ever.

Have ya forgotten Oblivion? L0LZ

I was trying to look which post you were referencing to, and scrolled up and down, yet couldn't find it. Then I realized I got the meatbag on ignore.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Gais gais, you forget that there's one potential element that makes Skyrim better than any Bioware game ever: Maybe Bethesda hires Obsidian to make a New Vegas for the Elder Scrolls.

Lumpy

Arcane
The turd I took today was a lot better than the one I took yesterday, guys, I was really happy about that.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Fallout 3.247: With Swords vs Sims Age 2: the Second Romance.

Is this accurate?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tennishero said:
but the npc and radiant AI changed the way people look at RPG AI

You mean it made some blissfully ignorant consoletards actually believe that NPCs having a schedule that consists of: sleep, get up, stare at wall, eat, stare at wall, sleep; is actually a good AI, while everyone else saw that the AI was an overhyped piece of propaganda?

Oh wait, you're tennishero. All your posts are trolling. Carry on, then.

Nael

Arcane
Jesus Christ. I think I'd rather try and read Gravity's Rainbow again.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I have no tast eand prefer biow are cokc"

R00fles!

Andhaira

Arcane
I dunno if Skyrim will be better than DA II, but I am looking forward to both games. However, before I play them I need to play Oblivion and Dragon Age.

hakuroshi

Augur
Arena was a mediocre dungeon crawl with limited success - not AAA title at all.
Daggerfall was a bugfest with addictive gameplay included (some may disagree with the latter)
Morrowind lost any gameplay, but gained nice graphix (inanimate objects only) and good lore.
Oblivion lost lore as well, still had eye candy when inanimate objects were involved.

I'd say Bioware delivered more solid if often lacklustre interactive entertainment products compared to TES. They all had good points, even DA.

That's said, both TES5 and DA2 will suck. Both will enjoy good sales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom