Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Touhouvania? Really?

Black Cat

Magister
@ Anomie

"I actually blame Lucky Star. Can't believe I watched that piece of shit"

Wasn't The Opening enough of a warning? I tried to get my boyfriend, my brother, and a bunch of my male friends to watch it and usually the opening is more than enough for them to go either this is going to be best thing ever or no way in hell i'm watching that thing.

Let's get cherry pie!

Gerrard

Arcane
I forgot to mention, there's no boob, but there's armpits.

Clockwork Knight said:
Huh, so if I set my computer in japanese, everything will be in japanese. How will I find the place where I installed the game? What if I don't find how to set it to english again?
You're not supposed to set your computer to Japanese (you can't anyway unless you have W7 ultimate), just the language for non-unicode programs. It shouldn't be a problem unless you use non-standard letters in file and folder names, since the non-unicode programs won't be able to access those files. For example, if you try to open a zip archive with Japanese file name with winrar it will probably give you an error without this.

By the way, you shouldn't use non-standard letters in file and folder names.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Clockwork Knight

Clickity Clicky Click.

You do that, and when pressing the right button on an executable or a desktop icon you will have Japanese as an option. That will solve, like, ninety percent of all your doujin problems as long as you remember to Right Button instead of Double Click.

The other most important thing to play doujin games and the likes is this one, with a screenshot because i don't know how it is called in your system language, nor in Windows after XP.

thisthingie.jpg

With those two things you are set for almost every single Doujin there is, and i should know since until a couple of months ago i had my windows fully in japanese but looked those things out because having to check my dictionary and my translation notes every time an error message poped up was kind of amazing, in a bad way.

For true emergencies add this last step: You go to that very same place i showed on the previous screenshot and visit the first, like, thing instead of the second. Put the first option as Japanese or whatever it is in your Windows. Put the last one as Japan, or the like.

thisstuffie.jpg

This last step will fix almost every single problem the other two couldn't. And you can see, my system's still on human (mostly... for some reason my system uses the Yen symbol instead of a dash to separate path levels, just like japanese windows does) so this doesn't change the way it works or talks to you, nor makes it grow tentacles and develop a sudden taste for rice and fish and perversion. If this don't work, first enter deep thought and decide whether whatever you are trying to install is really worth it. Then, and only if it is really worth it, do the japanese Windows install. As a bonus, you will learn japanese that way. You also will be three hours or so to do even the simplest things.

And run the installers with the Applocale thing too, since many games won't even install without the little symbol things in their paths being correctly displayed and understood.

Edity Edit: @ Gerrard

"I forgot to mention, there's no boob, but there's armpits."

A true believer! :shock: He speaks Touhou!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I haven't used Applocale since I switched to Win7. For some reason every Japanese program I tried worked perfectly well on it with all settings set to English and no language pack installed. Even audio tags that use non-latin characters have no problems in foobar2000.

Also WTF is that Lucky Star shit? Last anime serie I watched was His and Her Circumstances and it was great, or at least the first half was. None of that next-gen bullshit that seems to have been designed by pedophiles on crack.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Le Petit Furet

"Also WTF is that Lucky Star shit?"

Girls go to school and have short funny chats on various things (Watch this and this for two cool examples, and this for a short classic). Then they go home or go do something fun before going home like going to the most totally GAR anime store ever and stuff, having more funny chats and weird situations while doing so. Then you have the Lucky Channel segment and then for an ending either the girls doing karaoke or, well, that Minoru guy doing... something or another.

That for 24 episodes.

And it's bloody amazing, from start to finish.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
The chats aren't funny but the anime store clip was rather amusing, same with the Lucky Channel part you linked to.

Kinda looks like it's as retarded as Dokuro-chan but without the blood and sex, and also longer. Maybe I'll download it and watch it next time I feel the need to be punished.

Felix

Arcane
お前達はホモだ。

ラックロングクアン,お前は共産党員ホモ。フェイト/ステイナイトと月姫は悪い、事事しい。夢見る薬は優れている、もっと現実的な。

About slice of life, I rather go back to read Living Game and Yotsuba& again for my slice of life fix.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Tohou is interesting in that the fan material is of much higher quality than than the original. Can't think of anything else not in public domain at the moment to which that applies to such an extent. But still, fuck that shit.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Felix

"お前のすべてはホモだ."

Does that means i get to watch free yaoi if we can keep this thread going? *popcorn, gets comfy*

"ラックロングクアン,お前は共産党員ホモ。フェイト/ステイナイトと月姫は悪い、事事しい。夢見る薬は優れている、もっと現実的な。"

Le fuck? D: Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime kind of suck compared to A drug that makes you dream? Or something like that. Correct translation, please. And Akai Ito is better than the three put together (nya!).

Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night have pretty good plots and characters once you patch the totally retarded hentai out of them and straight to the ovens, if possible. I love the uber kawaii sociopathic witchy maid. :3

@ Le Petit Furet

Nothing is as retarded as Dokuro-Chan, though Fair Codexia sometimes makes me wish for my very own Excalibolg with which to return you people to the right and straight and narrow path.

The opening's a true earworm, though.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Black Cat said:
Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night have pretty good plots and characters once you patch the totally retarded hentai out of them and straight to the ovens, if possible. I love the uber kawaii sociopathic witchy maid. :3
This LP shows an easy way to improve the Tsukihime hentai. Speaking of which, I really should get a F/SN LP started.

Black Cat

Magister
@ KalosKagathos

As the writer of that LP puts it...

emot-gonk.gif
THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE NON-ERO VERSION
emot-gonk.gif
emot-gonk.gif
emot-gonk.gif

Indeed, good sir. Indeed.

As anyone who followed my Saya No Uta recomendation can confirm i'm not precisely a nun, but Type-Moon ero scenes make me blush in horror and shame just from the memories. It's not that they are horrid or brutal or repugnant or abominable or anything like that, but it's the kind of thing that makes you feel, like, empathic shame for whomever who was forced to write that shit and sign it with his true name. I don't know anyone, male or female, who did not got totally turned off by that crap and made a beeline for the non ero patch. It's really that awful.

Ewwww. Just, like, ewwwww.

Edity Edit: I'm kind of ashamed of saying it but, like, OMG, the rewrites that guy made are really fucking bloody LOL. :lol:

Gerrard

Arcane
Felix said:
お前のすべてはホモだ。
"Everything of you is gay."
Did you use google translate for this?

Although if I were to actually translate this I guess it would be "The entirety of you is gay.".

Felix

Arcane
Oh,shi...my mistake, it should be お前達. I mixed up between languages :(

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
@La Chatte Noire:
I can find you something more retarded than Dokuro-chan. Just take a look at Andhaira.

Gerrard

Arcane
Felix said:
Oh,shi...my mistake, it should be お前達. I mixed up between languages :(
Actually if you want to sound like a bigger asshole/"internet cool" it should be お前ら.

Also
このスレの中にお前は一番ホモだろう

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Black Cat said:
Le fuck? D: Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime kind of suck compared to A drug that makes you dream? Or something like that. Correct translation, please. And Akai Ito is better than the three put together (nya!)..

Yume no Miru Kusuri.

edit: Can't argue that it isn't more grounded in reality than Type-MOON games, but as to which is better...

Tsukihime Far Side > Yume Miru > Near Side > Fate

KalosKagathos

Learned
I'd like to note that when Heaven's Feel is good (final third), it's really, really fucking good, much better than UBW. It's the angsty second third that hurts it a lot.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Le Petit Furet

Who's a mean little mustelid? I should have known those kawaii little fangs weren't just for show.

@ Felix

They have a point, though, at least as far as it concerns Tsukihime's routes... The Far Side routes involve massive amounts of mindscrew, dark family secrets, characters so twisted it's kind of cute, lots of creepy, lots of weird, many cool twists, and a supernatural mystery plotline that goes very little into modern fantasy territory. The Near Side routes have a dozen fight scenes, lots of useless filler, and Princess Mary Sue of the magical vampire kingdom. I so totally hate that bitch.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Black Cat said:
The Near Side routes have a dozen fight scenes, lots of useless filler, and Princess Mary Sue of the magical vampire kingdom. I so totally hate that bitch.
waff.jpg

I suddenly felt compelled to post some Kagetsu Tohya goodness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom