Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
+10 points for beastwoman not having bewbs in order to identify as female.
Yes, I'm talking to you snake woman of XCOM2
What sort of faggot doesn't like snaketits?
1433586095925.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't see the problem. That's what happens when your name is also in your language. Good thing I don't need to introduce myself as "lover-of-horses" though

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not opposed to that naming scheme, it provides instant characterization and, if done well, it can be a concept-as-character type of deal. Creeping-Death and Kills-in-Shadows are a 14-year-old's fan-fiction tier examples though.

Hyperion

Arcane
Wouldn't be completely out of character for Obsidian to create a fictional language based on a real one, similar to Vailian and Glanfathan. Instead they took the John Wayne Native American route for a tribes person. Good thing they held off on releasing her till after Columbus Day, or else Tumblr and Twitter may have create another waste disposal unit arson.

Depending on how late you get her though, she may have limited usefulness because of little utility outside of "kill shit." If I only have 4 character slots available, pure anything isn't going to be there for long as anything but a placeholder.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Depending on how late you get her though, she may have limited usefulness because of little utility outside of "kill shit." If I only have 4 character slots available, pure anything isn't going to be there for long as anything but a placeholder.
"kill shit" is all everyone can do this in this game. It's in the vein of PoE.

Sannom

Augur
Wouldn't be completely out of character for Obsidian to create a fictional language based on a real one, similar to Vailian and Glanfathan. Instead they took the John Wayne Native American route for a tribes person. Good thing they held off on releasing her till after Columbus Day, or else Tumblr and Twitter may have create another waste disposal unit arson.
Neither Obsidian nor Tyranny are high enough on anyone's radar to create that kind of reaction. There was no reaction to the fact that Eb walked around with her belly exposed because of "protective tattoos".

"Kill shit" is basically every character's job description, except for Lantry's.

Rev

Arcane
Kills-in-Shadow does sound lame, but if it was a properly written character I wouldn't give a shit about its name. The problem is that its writing seem on par with the name, so far.
Creeping-Death is fine as a tribute to Metallica and one of their best albums, though. :obviously:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kills-In-Shadow and Creeping Deat are names of beastmen, who are not too intelligent and are living in packs. I think it is not far fetched to use these names for them.

Indians also used names in a similar fashion, so you are a racist, if you think this is dumb.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's going to be particularly buggy if they rush it out before the holidays, best to make Paradox feel some financial pain and wait a few months into 2017.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't see the problem. That's what happens when your name is also in your language. Good thing I don't need to introduce myself as "lover-of-horses" though
Philip K. Dick once wrote a novel with a protagonist named Horselover Fat. :M
VALIS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom