Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
New guns are cool, I guess? LMGs are fun. Miniguns seem mostly the same but their feats look kind of underwhelming. Yet to try grenade launchers. Next playthrough will make something like a Versatile pistols + GLs build.
Fusion Cannon is absolutely OP and I love it.
Grenade Launchers spoiled me. They're great even without feats, there's no reason to not use them as a backup/sidearm if you're using guns. Fusion Cannon looks like it would need more investiment in skills and feats, mine is gathering dust in my house

Not yet. But I'm planning to turn all of the Underrail into a ghost town before descending into DC.
Do it and deliver results here later, man

I'm really curious how the game would play out

Mauman

Learned
I did enjoy the alternate ending scenario to HD, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

Also, while it still makes me want to punch Styg, I did get a laugh out of the unique helmet you can get.

too bad I can deal with my character being blind, but I can't deal with ME being blind

Oh well, another unique into the garbage pile. I suppose I should be happy that the E. cannon and the laz pistol managed to get out unscathed.

CHEMS

Scholar
The unique laser pistol from HD is very easy to get early on and it's the best thing you could get against organic targets. Decent crit multiplier, garanteed stun, root. You can just grab it as soon you get to upper underrail...

Yosharian

Arcane
What do the key feats look like for a Versatility build with that weapon? Also what's the stat spread, I assume High Technicalities is taken so high Intelligence?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
What do the key feats look like for a Versatility build with that weapon? Also what's the stat spread, I assume High Technicalities is taken so high Intelligence?
something old from my archive, no longer have whatever i destroyed tchort with
https://underrail.info/build/?GAMQB...MjClAAAAAAAABLGsKjMR0WBhNcAEvCmlrChTzita4J374
practical physicist should be dropped. That build used both daggers&lazors and i urge you to do same. However you can adjust as you feel needed.
It was before new&amazing lazor gun, perhaps its better than keeping knife and doing cheap shots? But then you lose access to fancy footwork.
Whatever you decide it will be fine. For reference I was testing and tchort fell down faster when stabbing than when pew pewing

Jacov

Educated
Okay, so since the council of SGS is dead, I wasn't able talk to them to end the game properly. The only choice was to board the train to North Underrail. Was surprised to see the Gunslinger greeting me by the train (he's the only character I decided to spare). I chose to leave with him. One of the ending slides specifically states that we might cooperate once again some time.

Overall, the game doesn't seem to react to me genociding the whole game world. Ending slides talk like important characters are still alive (the Oligarchs, Vera, Azif, etc.). The only deaths mentioned are of the characters that can die during quests (Gorsky, Camp Hathor leader).

The game also thinks that Free Drones successfully destroyed the Epione Lab elevator and assaulted the Junkyard. No, they didn't, I gassed them. So the trigger for this ending is just killing the Protectorate troops guarding the Junkyard elevator it seems.

Ending also mentioned that «piracy was suppressed, and thus Junkyard's trade flourished». Not sure what that's all about. Perhaps it was caused by me killing everyone in the Rig/Grim Jetters camp? I don't see any mentions of this ending on the wiki.
Also yeah, flourishing trade my ass. The whole town is nothing but corpses.

The Black Sea expedition ending is also weird. I killed Serpentborn and Magnar first, then the pirates, and then all of the Aeigis troops. After that the camp changed to look like it was captured by Sormibaren with burning piles of bodies and natives everywhere (even despite the fact I killed them all). And the ending said that «pirates made their final blow to the expedition». Wtf?
Btw, I genuinly laughed at the fact that coffins for dead troopers appear in real time while you are slaughtering them.

I also think it's giga decline that even if you killed the Faceless commander and decided to keep the Cube for yourself, you get cucked by Six and have the Cube taken from you anyway.
SGxuaBg.png

Scrounger

Educated
Of all things, that «pirates made their final blow to the expedition» could be a genuine bug!
But yeah, only Expedition is reactive in any way in terms of destroying the whole factions. If you kill Aegis, natives usually appears and take all the bodies to the pyre, which is the same outcome when they overrun the camp minus the butchered and mutilated corpses tossed around....

Otherwise the main game is restricted in that way. Devs knows about this of course, but they didn't tell when or even IF they gonna address it.
Maybe they gonna do something in the future but probably much subtler then adding a whole new slides with dead cities...

In any case, cool genocide man!! :D

Jacov

Educated
Of all things, that «pirates made their final blow to the expedition» could be a genuine bug!
But yeah, only Expedition is reactive in any way in terms of destroying the whole factions. If you kill Aegis, natives usually appears and take all the bodies to the pyre, which is the same outcome when they overrun the camp minus the butchered and mutilated corpses tossed around....

Otherwise the main game is restricted in that way. Devs knows about this of course, but they didn't tell when or even IF they gonna address it.
Maybe they gonna do something in the future but probably much subtler then adding a whole new slides with dead cities...

In any case, cool genocide man!! :D
Thanks lol.

True, nothing in the main game pushes the player towards full blown faction genocides (Protectorate and Free Drones are the exception) like in Expedition. So i didn't really expect much. But at least something would be nice.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
True, nothing in the main game pushes the player towards full blown faction genocides (Protectorate and Free Drones are the exception) like in Expedition. So i didn't really expect much. But at least something would be nice.
protectorate were always not properly represented in ending slides. Many in here destroyed their every base in underrail and it never got addressed.

CHEMS

Scholar
Okay, so since the council of SGS is dead, I wasn't able talk to them to end the game properly. The only choice was to board the train to North Underrail. Was surprised to see the Gunslinger greeting me by the train (he's the only character I decided to spare). I chose to leave with him. One of the ending slides specifically states that we might cooperate once again some time.

Overall, the game doesn't seem to react to me genociding the whole game world. Ending slides talk like important characters are still alive (the Oligarchs, Vera, Azif, etc.). The only deaths mentioned are of the characters that can die during quests (Gorsky, Camp Hathor leader).

The game also thinks that Free Drones successfully destroyed the Epione Lab elevator and assaulted the Junkyard. No, they didn't, I gassed them. So the trigger for this ending is just killing the Protectorate troops guarding the Junkyard elevator it seems.

Ending also mentioned that «piracy was suppressed, and thus Junkyard's trade flourished». Not sure what that's all about. Perhaps it was caused by me killing everyone in the Rig/Grim Jetters camp? I don't see any mentions of this ending on the wiki.
Also yeah, flourishing trade my ass. The whole town is nothing but corpses.

The Black Sea expedition ending is also weird. I killed Serpentborn and Magnar first, then the pirates, and then all of the Aeigis troops. After that the camp changed to look like it was captured by Sormibaren with burning piles of bodies and natives everywhere (even despite the fact I killed them all). And the ending said that «pirates made their final blow to the expedition». Wtf?
Btw, I genuinly laughed at the fact that coffins for dead troopers appear in real time while you are slaughtering them.

I also think it's giga decline that even if you killed the Faceless commander and decided to keep the Cube for yourself, you get cucked by Six and have the Cube taken from you anyway.
SGxuaBg.png
So did that ending dialogue in the briefing room still happens? That one with Gorsky, Vera, Old Jonas and Ezra?

Old One

Arcane
I've always thought Newton, should he survive his ordeal, should end up replacing Old Jonas as watchman in the little bunker outside the gate toward Camp Hathor. It's odd that Old Jonas heads down to the cantina and leaves his post unattended.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I've always thought Newton, should he survive his ordeal, should end up replacing Old Jonas as watchman in the little bunker outside the gate toward Camp Hathor. It's odd that Old Jonas heads down to the cantina and leaves his post unattended.
I took it as it being his post only while repairs and damage was being assessed, plus the outposts being unclaimed, leading to monsters in the area.

With the outposts reclaimed and damage known, etc. that spot may not be needed. Especially with you taking care of restoring comms to Hathor and other places as it goes on.

Old One

Arcane
I took it as it being his post only while repairs and damage was being assessed, plus the outposts being unclaimed, leading to monsters in the area.

With the outposts reclaimed and damage known, etc. that spot may not be needed. Especially with you taking care of restoring comms to Hathor and other places as it goes on.

Still, Newton gets to spend the rest of the game chillin' in the cantina. He should have something to do.

I'm in favor of more Newton content.

A Newton/Vivian romance, perhaps?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom