Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Untitled NWN2 Mod

relootz

Scholar
I can do my own lines if you want.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
relootz said:
I can do my own lines if you want.
Exelent.

Any chance you might consider doing a module for NWN1 instead? Not all of us are can play Graphix Whore Age on their machines. :'(
The DA toolset is still sort of half-assed. I am considering a change to the NWN2 one.

You'll have very difficult times with this module.
No Shit.

First of all, very narrow choice of placeables/creatures (though now you don't need to manage tons of entries in 2da tables when you want to import custom-made model)
The placeables are not really the issue. The limited creature list sucks.

Second, shitty feat-based mechanics. It cannot be fixed/changed. It's hardcoded in the engine.
The system is hardcoded but you can change the feat selection and add feats to the game.

Too bad by the time it will come out all those new 15 years old members will already fap to Dragon Age 7 Popamole Edition
this is going to be worse than the nameless mod

Haters going to hate.

If you use NWN2, I can help with writing. Because I enjoy writing and need practice with NWN2 so I can do my own ideas later.

Murk

Arcane
cool, now if you ever manage to put this out I'll actually be able to play it (have NWN2, don't have DA)

CrimHead

Scholar
Must include:

Rape
and/or
Multi-headed dick monsters

or it will fail, mark my words.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
CrimHead said:
Must include:

Rape
and/or
Multi-headed dick monsters

or it will fail, mark my words.

Well of course rape will be included. Better keep that sphincter tight boys. Lots of horny orcs out there.

Murk

Arcane
Any chance at seeing a rough write-up of the "plot" and/or scenario?

Not even anything detailed, could just be "save the world to be allowed to marry King DU's daughter the beautiful princess" or some shit.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DramaticPopcorn said:
oldmanpaco, if you are going to switch to NWN2 toolset, I'm willing to participate with scripting (unless you want to make it all by yourself)
I know approximately two things about scripting - Jack and Shit.

And Jack just left town.

So yes I will take you up on your offer once I get things rolling.

sportforredneck said:
If you use NWN2, I can help with writing. Because I enjoy writing and need practice with NWN2 so I can do my own ideas later.
Once I get going I would not mind some help in the writing department. Will let you know. I tend to plagiarize (see above) a lot and if you check my posting history it's lettered with one-liners. Some depth couldn't hurt.

Murk

Arcane
I'd recommend tapping the wealth of codex knowledge from veteran posters and GD residents as well for in-jokes and referential humor.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DramaticPopcorn said:
Goddamnit you guys.

Goddammit right back at you.

First of all - dynamical world. Here is an example: location with road, at, say, at 3 p.m. a caravan goes through here and its ambushed by bandits. If player enters this location at 2 p.m., he'll be ambushed (or if his spotting high enough will notice an ambush). If player enters the location at 3 p.m. he'll see an ambush and will have to choose between fighting one of sides (bandits are not necessary hostiles) or running away. If player enters, say, at 4 p.m. he'll see looting bandits. If he enters at 5 p.m. he'll see just dead bodies and looted caravan. Of course he may not even enter this location, but still this event will be mentioned and even affect availability of some sidequests (like investigating caravan's disappearance)

While an interesting idea that seems difficult to script. The problem would be putting that much effort into 3-4 variations of the same event knowing that the player would see one at most. The time constraint would also be difficult to balance. I think a more usable system would be to get a quest about a caravan in trouble. If the player goes directly to the site he fights the bandits and can save the caravan but if he goes to any other area first the caravan is destroyed when he gets there.

Second - permanent hidden luck parameter, which affects everything in the game. From possibility of random encounters till successfulness of every skill check.
This is probably too hardcore, but I've always wanted to see this shit in any RPG.

I believe you make your own luck. Also I have no idea if that is even possible with the NWN2 toolset.

Third - no "getting prestige class just by meeting the requirements" you'll need to find certain people and persuade them (some - by impressing them, others - by paying a huge amount of money, etc.) in order to get the possibility to be trained to become prestigious (Laughing). No shitty one-liners, which will "change your judgement and make you uber wise" and yes, you can fail your training.

I personally hate prestige classes that give you the abilities of another class. A Fighter->Weapon Master is one thing but a Fighter->Blackgaurd reeks of power-gaming. I also despise 3E multi-classing but that ship has sailed.

Anyway I am not sure what I will do with the prestige classes. Going to cross that bridge later.

AI. Simple as that. (most) Enemies should act like a unit, thus fights will be moar challenging and reallistic (also, tweaking weapons might worth a try, because I trully hate when one single character can survive in a melee with 10+ enemies)

There is a definitive AI enhancement mod at the vault. Obsidian used a modders work to update the the core game AI and he has continued to update it.

Also, something should be done about mages and clerics. Either class is broken

Low magic baby!! If there is a mage present he is more than likely going to be working for the other side. Since you will not be able to rest in most areas the cleric will be useful and better not waste his spells on crap that doesn't keep people alive.

Might take a lot of booze

Good thing I have a lot of booze then.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Who are the confirmed women of the codex? All I have are the following:

Black Cat
Annie
Denizsi
Lockkaliber (maybe)
Lesifoere (avatar and general politeness makes me wonder)
Frau Biship

Even if the basement dwellers have chased them off I want to know. Actor list is looking like a sausage fest at the moment.

oldmanpaco said:
Who are the confirmed women of the codex? All I have are the following:

Black Cat
Annie
Denizsi
Lockkaliber (maybe)
Applegate's Breast (maybe)
Lesifoere (avatar and general politeness makes me wonder)

Even if the basement dwellers have chased them off I want to know. Actor list is looking like a sausage fest at the moment.
Is Denizsi actually a woman? Was that ever gotten to the bottom of?

And I thought Applegate's Breast was CF or Major Boobage or someone like that.

It's been too long, now I can't remember teh forum drama.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
back to sportforredneck said:
Is Denizsi actually a woman? Was that ever gotten to the bottom of?

And I thought Applegate's Breast was CF or Major Boobage or someone like that.

It's been too long, now I can't remember teh forum drama.

Guess we will find out when they do the V/O work.

relootz

Scholar
Applegate's Breast was an alt of someone, i can't remember who.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
relootz said:
I sort of figured. That alt was posting for awhile when I first joined then disappeared. Probably your alt now that I think about it.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DramaticPopcorn said:
We still have SMA and Kaiserin :smug:

They are in there own class with PennyAnte and Major Black Heart (not a tranny but still).

Any other tranies that I don't know of?

relootz

Scholar
oldmanpaco said:
relootz said:
I sort of figured. That alt was posting for awhile when I first joined then disappeared. Probably your alt now that I think about it.

No, i don't have any alts sorry. :( Only registered again after my account got unusable.

Team ladyboy needs Stalin_brando.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
So, how's the project going? You should ask Prosper for some help with the models. His modeling skills are superb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom