Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 NPC's [Spoilers]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Anyone have a list of what NPC's you can find, as well as what skills they have?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is there a way to dismiss NPCs and recruit them later? I can't find it, makes me feel like it's there somewhere and I'm just a dumbass.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Dismiss in character screen. They'll be found at ranger citedal.

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
At the Ranger Citadel I think. You dismiss them and they hang out there until you want them again. At least, that's how a ranger NPC there explained it. Haven't actually tried it.

Norfleet

It works, but they can hide themselves in strange places in the citadel that can make them hard to find. Also, they don't bugger off until you leave the area, so you can rearrange your party with the people who are in the zone until you leave the zone, whereupon anyone you recruited but left behind buggers off back to the Citadel...where they hide...somewhere....

I honestly haven't managed to re-find half the guys I recruited, although I can occasionally overhear their speech bubbles as I toodle about in there. Recruit everyone, even if you don't actually keep them in your party. Free XP!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It works, but they can hide themselves in strange places in the citadel that can make them hard to find. Also, they don't bugger off until you leave the area, so you can rearrange your party with the people who are in the zone until you leave the zone, whereupon anyone you recruited but left behind buggers off back to the Citadel...where they hide...somewhere....

I honestly haven't managed to re-find half the guys I recruited, although I can occasionally overhear their speech bubbles as I toodle about in there. Recruit everyone, even if you don't actually keep them in your party. Free XP!

Guys? Where do you find guys? The only person I've ever managed to recruit is that stupid Rose bitch that loses control all the damn time and does whatever she wants. Maybe I'm not far enough in? I only made it to the Mad Monks before the constant crashing made the game unplayable.

Norfleet

Guys? Where do you find guys? The only person I've ever managed to recruit is that stupid Rose bitch that loses control all the damn time and does whatever she wants. Maybe I'm not far enough in? I only made it to the Mad Monks before the constant crashing made the game unplayable.
There's several: Angela at the Ranger Base where you start, on your way out to your first mission, a guy at the level up mine, three dudes from the Rail Nomad Mine (the "criminal", the hobo, and the kid you save), the mutant from Darwin, one of the three guys depending on which ending you pick after you solve the Mad Monk arc...depending on what order you did things in, you should have found plenty of dudes. If you are having difficulty controlling your followers, have one of your guys pump the "Leadership" skill, once you have about 5 or 6 ticks, the chance should hit zero on most of your followers.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Nope, just never met them. But I haven't been to the Rail Nomads yet as I only just got the rad suits. Now if only inXile could get that patch out that improves stability on 32 bit systems I'll be good to go.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Tip #1. Always recruit everyone, even if you don't like them. Dismiss someone, recruit the new guy, dismiss the new guy and recruit the old guy back. You'll get a reward at citadel.
Tip #2. Don't ever recruit someone and then click the decline button on the screen, that'll break the companion and you'll never be able to recruit them (bye bye Ralphy... :()

Shadenuat

Arcane
There is one at their own forums but I don't know how updated thar is. Info about Takayuki seems old for starters, he was level 14 when I picked him.
BTW Angela Deth is temporary!!!!! Do not invest in her like I do !!! I should have known...

https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7991
Yeah it feels outdated - someone actually went through companions and made them only focus on ~3 skills. For example, Ralphy has 5 points of Toaster Repair from the get go.

Norfleet

There is one at their own forums but I don't know how updated thar is. Info about Takayuki seems old for starters, he was level 14 when I picked him.
BTW Angela Deth is temporary!!!!! Do not invest in her like I do !!! I should have known...
Yeah, you really should have. I mean, you get a freaking level 14 character to accompany you at level 1? That is so obviously not a keeper. She actually has bad stats for a level 14 character, too. She's obviously provided as the crutch character for your crappy low-level builds. Fortunately, it is hard to "invest" in an NPC, since there aren't really many consumable permanent power-ups that could have been burned in such a way. Worst that can happen is that she buggers off with your gun, the inventory gets dumped into your first dude anyway.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Fortunately, it is hard to "invest" in an NPC, since there aren't really many consumable permanent power-ups that could have been burned in such a way. Worst that can happen is that she buggers off with your gun, the inventory gets dumped into your first dude anyway.

You'll have wasted all the skill-points from shrines.

Also; some of the last minute NPC companion changes are quite... odd. Like the green girl offering to help a wounded cowboy... when she no longer has any medical skills...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Nope, just never met them."

LMAO Someone must have been a huge rush to leave the map to miss Angela. :P

Norfleet

You'll have wasted all the skill-points from shrines.
Oh, yes, I forget people would actually touch them rather than wait until the very last possible unit to use them to ensure maximum extraction. I still haven't used my skillbook boosts, either, because they add +1 rank, but going from 9 -> 10 gets you more yield in skillpoints than going from 0->1.

"Nope, just never met them."

LMAO Someone must have been a huge rush to leave the map to miss Angela. :P
Not to mention ignoring the most important rules of RPGs: Talk to everyone, and loot anything not nailed down. There was un-nailed loot there, too!

And in WL2...save before talking to anyone!

Bradylama

Arcane
Nope, just never met them. But I haven't been to the Rail Nomads yet as I only just got the rad suits. Now if only inXile could get that patch out that improves stability on 32 bit systems I'll be good to go.

The narrative doesn't spell it out for you, but Rail Nomads is designed to be followed up on soon after you visit the Radio Tower. It's "leveled" for parties coming out of Ag Center or Highpool, but as soon as you can afford to buy the 200 scrap rad suits from the vendor outside the Citadel's doors you can go there. Ralphy, Scotchmo, and Chisel are all level 7 or 8 when you pick them up. If you go there in the late-Arizona-game like I did, they'll be way behind your squad mates.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
The narrative doesn't spell it out for you, but Rail Nomads is designed to be followed up on soon after you visit the Radio Tower. It's "leveled" for parties coming out of Ag Center or Highpool, but as soon as you can afford to buy the 200 scrap rad suits from the vendor outside the Citadel's doors you can go there. Ralphy, Scotchmo, and Chisel are all level 7 or 8 when you pick them up. If you go there in the late-Arizona-game like I did, they'll be way behind your squad mates.
I couldn't afford shit. Spent everything on the ludicrously expensive ammo and endless supply of trauma kits that are needed. Figured I'd go there after I got the free suit from the story quest.

My party isn't that great so far but I'm hoping it will pay off in the late game having a computer h4xx0r and no melee dude. Because up to now there has been exactly 1 computer to hack and 1 electronic lock, but like 6 broken toasters randomly scattered about and about 3 or 4 places to use Brute Force, none of which I have. And every second combat encounter I wish I had someone who could actually hit anyone with a crowbar/hammer/knife. How hard is it to smash someone in the face with a fucking crowbar if they're standing right next to you?

circ

Arcane
You gotta know where to buy your ammo homes. If you get a box of something for the shopkeeper in Rail Nomads, he gives you 50% off everything. And he restocks his ammo too. I ended the game with about 20k to spare, best light armor and best weapons etc.

Norfleet

I couldn't afford shit. Spent everything on the ludicrously expensive ammo and endless supply of trauma kits that are needed. Figured I'd go there after I got the free suit from the story quest.
I think you must be doing something wrong if you're buying ludicrously expensive ammo and endless trauma kits. I, like in every RPG, have Healing Potion Hoarditis. Every single healing potion I acquire ends up piling up in my inventory due to my miserliness. I think I used about 3 healing potions in my playthrough the game, none of which ever truly needed, I used them because they were too heavy and I needed to lighten some load so I could make it back to the base to dump them into the stash with my other several dozen potions.

I ended the game with about 20k to spare, best light armor and best weapons etc.
I think I finished with like 40K+, although I had sold all the armor once it became ineffectual and was just taking up weight that I needed to haul the loot back with. I did, however, have an immense hoard of ammo, because of my natural urge to hoard ammo.

Bradylama

Arcane
You gotta know where to buy your ammo homes. If you get a box of something for the shopkeeper in Rail Nomads, he gives you 50% off everything. And he restocks his ammo too. I ended the game with about 20k to spare, best light armor and best weapons etc.

I forgot about that guy's discount, but then again I hit RNC way later in the game than you're supposed to. I'm gonna need to exploit the fuck out of it since my next playthrough is with an all-heavy squad.

Foobar

Barely Literate
Guys? Where do you find guys? The only person I've ever managed to recruit is that stupid Rose bitch that loses control all the damn time and does whatever she wants. Maybe I'm not far enough in?
  1. You don't get NPCs if you dump-stat Charisma on all of your PCs. They won't offer to join unless your party has enough Charisma in total.
  2. NPCs go rogue if you don't have Leadership skill (which requires a PC with decent Cha to work effectively).
  3. Calling the only 10 Int NPC "stupid"... are you related to Jimbo Jones? http://youtu.be/G7no-6olfEU

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Running headlong into every band of raiders with heavy machine guns and getting blown to shreds instead of ducking behind a rock like I told her doesn't seem like the actions of a high-INT individual.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Rose has some sort of secret trigger that makes her go berserk in AG center even at 0% chance to go rogue. Developers should have made it transparent with appropriate number change or special status icon when you are inside AG or fight her mutated friends.

When out of AG she behaves as everyone else provided she is in radius of your Leadership aura if you have one (and it is strong enough). And you should have one if you want NPCs.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
No one else has ever "lost control". Ever. Only Rose. But yeah she did it almost every turn in the Ag center.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom