Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 NPC's [Spoilers]

Foobar

Barely Literate
Rose is a genius and a sweetie, but she has anger management issues. There's a difference.
:rage:
My party face PC has 6 Cha and 4 Lead; Rose flips out less than 1 turn per fight.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well the number for rogue chance is right there in her stat screen, check it. With 4 Ld she probably still has 5% to misbehave.
Should have seen Chisel, that old derpherper has 50% so only 10 Ld keeps him from rushing in with a crowbar.

Rhalle

Magister
My leader has 6CHA and at lvl 20 is at 8 Leadership. I've had Rose from the beginning and she's been fine, although I did read lots of people complaining about her.

Saduj

Arcane
The mechanics around recruiting NPCs is just annoying. There should be a way to accept them into the rangers and send them to base without having to put them in your party first.

Saduj

Arcane

Why not? The way it works now is that I dismiss the NPC who is carrying the least shit. Then I accept New Guy. Then I dismiss New Guy and take back the npc I've been developing for 20+ levels with the only change being that my npc's kill stats are set to zero. Then I give my npc back her shit. Why would anyone be against automating such tedium?

Norfleet

Rose has some sort of secret trigger that makes her go berserk in AG center even at 0% chance to go rogue. Developers should have made it transparent with appropriate number change or special status icon when you are inside AG or fight her mutated friends.
It's not really a secret. NPCs can have a "hated foe" that creates an elevated chance to wig out when they are facing that enemy. They will preferentially attack that enemy when this happens. You can prevent this with additional leadership above what is necessary to bring the normal chance to 0.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Rose has some sort of secret trigger that makes her go berserk in AG center even at 0% chance to go rogue. Developers should have made it transparent with appropriate number change or special status icon when you are inside AG or fight her mutated friends.
It's not really a secret. NPCs can have a "hated foe" that creates an elevated chance to wig out when they are facing that enemy. They will preferentially attack that enemy when this happens. You can prevent this with additional leadership above what is necessary to bring the normal chance to 0.

Fucking Lexicanum.

He became one with the hivemind right before the final fight and he was basically untouchable because of his high graded armor (10). I had to restart the fight with him un-armored.

lurker3000

Arcane
He became one with the hivemind right before the final fight and he was basically untouchable because of his high graded armor (10). I had to restart the fight with him un-armored.

Sounds like Rose.

What's the point of jaimes the robot you can get from Danota? The little fucker is basically a suicidal disco bot that gets killed all the time. Should I bother with it?

Norfleet

Fucking Lexicanum.
Yeah, watching what the plot direction was going gave me the sense that maybe they weren't the right guys to bring along to the final battle.

What's the point of jaimes the robot you can get from Danota? The little fucker is basically a suicidal disco bot that gets killed all the time. Should I bother with it?
Cannon Fodder. He would be less suicidal if the AI routines weren't quite so derp and prone to charging at the enemy. If they can't hit your side, and your side can hit them, then there is no reason to charge. It's a REALLY simple concept: Never charge if your side can hit them, but theirs cannot hit you.

Rhalle

Magister
Yeah, watching what the plot direction was going gave me the sense that maybe they weren't the right guys to bring along to the final battle.
Reading this thread has spoiled me, because I haven't finished the game, but i have to ask:

Rose is my main (and at the moment only) surgeon. That could be very bad, I guess?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

No.

Rose is my main (and at the moment only) surgeon. That could be very bad, I guess?

Depends. It's ok if she is not the main healer otherwise you are somewhat screwed.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Tip #1. Always recruit everyone, even if you don't like them. Dismiss someone, recruit the new guy, dismiss the new guy and recruit the old guy back. You'll get a reward at citadel.
Tip #2. Don't ever recruit someone and then click the decline button on the screen, that'll break the companion and you'll never be able to recruit them (bye bye Ralphy... :()

Yeah, I found out the hard way with Ralphy by not recruiting him. And I was like, no thanks in the dialogue. And then after nearly completing Rail Nomads, I went back to recruit him. He just stands there with his mother and does nothing. All the rest I recruit and then dismiss and send back to Ranger Citadel. The completionist in me is like:

:rage:

:(

Norfleet

It's easy enough to sub her with that Brother guy you pick up in LA, he has a similar skillset.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom