Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs 2: Old Frenchmen design game for American teens, terribleness ensues

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Poison really is a tranny, I checked.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wpow this game really is fun. no "climb tower unlock map" bullshit so far and the side missions are fun, have actual story and context. stealthing is fun just to see how can you mess with people behind the walls. like in this one mission i just use car hacking to demolish almost everyone and it was hilarious

I have no doubt that codexers have been in firefights before, so I have to ask, how much blood actually splatters in a real firefight? The gunplay in W_D2 is somewhat unsatisfying since it seems so...sterile? Unless you ventilate someone when they're really close to a wall - for example - there seems to be little to no blood shed. This may or may not be realistic, but considering this is a popamole next-gen game about hipsters vs (corporate) hipsters I'm a bit disappointed in Ubi that this is apparently where they drew the line. The side missions are also pretty dull, (almost?) universally being some variant of racing, which are terrible in any and all open world games.

Those gripes aside, I'm still enjoying the game. Figuring out how to complete the missions with a combination of the toy car and heli is satisfying enough and they made chases more entertaining. Hardly Ubisoft's best offering, but still worth the petty cash I paid. :salute:

forget quentin retardino, if you shoot someone wearing winter clothes you'll hardly see any blood, you need to cut an exposed artery (without venturing into arguing about mutilations and stuff, we're discussing small wounds here) to see anything movie-like, and still the gush won't go very far.
first hand experience. don't ask. (because the explanation is extremely duller and less exciting than you'd think :-" )

typical user

Arbiter
wpow this game really is fun. no "climb tower unlock map" bullshit so far and the side missions are fun, have actual story and context. stealthing is fun just to see how can you mess with people behind the walls. like in this one mission i just use car hacking to demolish almost everyone and it was hilarious

Meh, the stealth mechanic is bullshit. If dog sees you he will bark and everyone will go nuts. If someone sees you and you kill him 0.5sec late others still will still go nuts. There is no way to hide bodies or take human shields if something goes wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom