Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs 2: Old Frenchmen design game for American teens, terribleness ensues

Mazisky

Magister

Known infos:

-San Francisco setting
-16 y old black main character
-Release in november

Mazisky

Magister
The first was not complete shit.

It had a great atmosphere and world building but was ruined by crap narrative and boring gameplay. Also, Chicago at modern times is less interesting than other cities.

If they manage to solve the 1 issues, this could have potential. San Francisco is really cool

---

Arcane
I want a game set in Hollywood, to be able to steal nude photos and blackmail vips.
I mean, this is what an hacker does, right? :M

---

Arcane
Sleeping Dogs was published by Squeenix and developed by *searching on Wikipedia* United Front Games.

Mazisky

Magister
Sleeping Dogs had shitty physics, worst driving ever and average graphics. It was only saved by the really good setting and the entertaining beat em up combats.

If Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs would've been the same games but with inverted developers, people would say "Why not making Watch Dogs 2, Sleeping Dogs was shit"

However, this evening (for EU) they will share lot of details, probably some gameplay, will see

---

Arcane
Well, at least the cover is not that bad
91SvTMdcl5L._SL1500_.jpg

Starwars

Arcane
Looking at that cover, I just get the feel that Ubisoft are those old guys trying to be all young and hip, appealing to the kids. A similar feeling I got from Watch Dogs (never played it though, just watched some gameplay).

Guess it worked though since there's a sequel now.

Mazisky

Magister
Some gameplay

Hacking seems cool and improved
San Francisco more big, colourful and varied than Chicago
Driving physic seems crap as usual
Graphics are decent but not dat impressive (still worse than Gta 5 pc)
Plot is almost unkwown
I had the feeling they're trying to copy Gta 5, but maybe it's cause of the sunny california setting

However, i'm interested in it

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom