Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs 2: Old Frenchmen design game for American teens, terribleness ensues

vonAchdorf

Arcane
As expected they picked a town which sights are actually known to a wider public.

The trailer is extra annoying, I'm really not in the target group, it seems.

deuxhero

Arcane

Players will explore the birthplace of the tech revolution as Marcus Holloway, a brilliant young hacker who has fallen victim to ctOS 2.0’s predictive algorithms and is accused of a crime he did not commit. In Marcus’ quest to shut down ctOS 2.0 for good, hacking is the ultimate weapon, and players can not only hack into the city’s infrastructure but also every person and any connected device they possess, to trigger unpredictable chains of events. With the ability to take control of drones, cars, cranes, security robots and much more at their disposal, players can choose whether to use stealth hacking to complete missions without killing a single enemy or go guns blazing for a more ferocious approach. In this vast open world, players can hack their way through traffic while engaging in dangerous car chases through the winding streets of San Francisco, traverse the rooftops of the vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland and infiltrate the offices of cutting-edge companies in Silicon Valley.

Key Features

• Explore a Massive and Dynamic Open World – Experience an incredible variety of gameplay possibilities.
  • Hack Everything – Every person, vehicle, and connected device can be hacked. Take control of drones, cars, cranes, and more to use them as your weapon.
  • Connect with Friends – Play co-op and player-versus-player activities in a seamless shared world.
  • You Are in CTRL – Develop your skills and combine hacking, weapons, and stealth to complete missions in ways that suit your playstyle.
  • Welcome to the San Francisco Bay – Experience the winding streets of San Francisco, teh vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland, and the cutting edge of Silicon Valley.
And if that wasn't enough to convince you Ubisoft isn't 100% deserving of being acquired by Vivendi and sucked dry of anything useful before being tossed into a heap of dead companies, look at the source code for the official website
cuuzst.jpg
(not my screencap)

Riskbreaker

Ubisoft is an innovative developer

You should preorder this game it promises innovative gameplay

I will preorder it because its story and gameplay are great

It is well worthy of its price

You should perform the same action fellow human unit

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
Wow, this is basically a murder whitey simulator.

I guess inner city youth are the only demographic left that are too dumb to figure out how to pirate shitty ubisoft games.

Mazisky

Magister
Thinking being the best Hacker NA just for downloading an Exe, whining about Triple A developers, feeling like they fucked the system....

...is this the main character of the next Ubisoft game? LMAO that's funny

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Well, that is surprising. This one actually looks neat. Then again, the first trailer for the original Watchman looked neat as well. Shame the actual game turned out to be pretty lifeless and boring with hacking feeling gimmicky. Am going to give this the benefit of the doubt though. Different playstyles, interesting city, better hacking and the promise of a more living open world interest me enough to do so.

Mazisky

Magister
Well, that is surprising. This one actually looks neat. Then again, the first trailer for the original Watchman looked neat as well. Shame the actual game turned out to be pretty lifeless and boring with hacking feeling gimmicky. Am going to give this the benefit of the doubt though. Different playstyles, interesting city, better hacking and the promise of a more living open world interest me enough to do so.

You crazy.

It's a Ubisoft game, dude, you must say it's shit regardless of all, otherwise u're not cool and u won't feel cool enough when you'll say you are going to get your pirate copy to feel more cool.

only games made by 2 Fat hairy brothers in garage with doom metal t-shirt while eating their crap and drinking their piss, and with 5$ total budget are interesting, plz

Last edited:

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
I was actually mildly excited when I see Watch Dogs 2 confirmed even though the first one was kinda disappointing, it had potential. Then I saw this trailer.

tormund

Arcane

You crazy.

It's a Ubisoft game, dude, you must say it's shit regardless of all, otherwise u're not cool and u won't feel cool enough when you'll say you are going to get your pirate copy to feel more cool.

only games made by 2 Fat hairy brothers in garage with doom metal t-shirt while eating their crap and drinking their piss, and with 5$ total budget are interesting, plz

OK mods, who is the Codexer that happens to have same IP as this guy?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
teh vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland

That's a way to describe Oakland, I guess.

Also where are the cars in the gameplay video? Did the level designer every have to try to find a place to park his car in SF?

The Decline

Arcane
Well, at least the cover is not that bad
91SvTMdcl5L._SL1500_.jpg

I wonder if I could get the developers to remove the Golden Gate bridge by telling them I'm triggered everytime I see it because my uncle killed himself by jumping off it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom