Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What’s your job at Bethesda?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
  • My first game was Morrowind on which I did interface and gameplay. I then did some minor AI, interface and gameplay work on Tribunal and Bloodmoon. On Oblivion I did most of the AI.
Answer: I am a Senior Programmer in the area of Artificial Intelligence [on Fallout 3].

This game is DOOMED.

Helton

Arcane
Well, clearly, he produced such good results that they had no choice but to promote him. The games are testament to this.

Raapys

Arcane
Huh? I was sure Morrowind didn't actually have AI. Oblivion, however, featured radiently overhyped AI.

sabishii

Arbiter
Helton said:
Well, clearly, he produced such good results that they had no choice but to promote him. The games are testament to this.
Ahn.JPG
:lol:

Also:
What games are you looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to Fallout 3 for obvious reasons.
What a bitch.

User was nabbed fit

Her real job is the office blowjob machine. The AI thing is just a front; we all know there's no AI in Bethesda's games.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Big kudos to making fun of how people look. First Summer, now her. I'm sure I missed someone in between, but luuuuuuuuuuuuzl.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Criticize her for lacking competence in her job; don't criticize pictures.

Nael

Arcane
Recess is over.

Boys, I have to tell ya... Poking fun at a girl's looks only makes you look like one of these things:

A. A gay
B. A pre-adolescent kid on the playground
C. A bitter, undersexed blob of goo

If you answered C, that is to be expected and congratulations for fitting the stereotype these forums have strove hard to uphold. Yes, I said "strove hard" for those who answered "B". Enough giggling. And for those who answer "A", that's fine. But couldn't you at least have offered some great makeover tips?

Lurkar

Scholar
Out of the gigantic mountain of things to laugh and mock and make fun about, you chose her appearance?

Weak.

Darkflame

Scholar
Guys just because someone codes the AI for a game doesn't mean they have any say in the game's direction. In software development you have coders and you have analysts; the analysts say what features they want and the coders make it for them.

Graphic designers have a bit more freedom to come up with and implement their own ideas, but it still must pass the approval of the analysts. The analysts are the ones who follow market trends and then tailor their proposed application toward what is likely to sell best, which generally means going out to fancy lunches and sitting on their thumbs all day because they aren't intelligent enough to learn how to code for themselves.

sabishii

Arbiter
Darkflame said:
Guys just because someone codes the AI for a game doesn't mean they have any say in the game's direction. In software development you have coders and you have analysts; the analysts say what features they want and the coders make it for them.

Graphic designers have a bit more freedom to come up with and implement their own ideas, but it still must pass the approval of the analysts. The analysts are the ones who follow market trends and then tailor their proposed application toward what is likely to sell best, which generally means going out to fancy lunches and sitting on their thumbs all day because they aren't intelligent enough to learn how to code for themselves.
Unfortunately the AI isn't all that special in Oblivion, with or without the "Radiant" direction. Not that you're wrong that the blame of the "Radiant" direction lies with others, though.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Who still uses a small pictured that is set to 'tile' as their background on their computer like you see on the right monitor?

I think the fact that she still works there makes the PR's argument at Bethesda that the Radiant AI had to be toned down in the released version all the more suspect. I'd quit the company if they set my work from awesome to retard.

Keldorn

Scholar
Any Bethesda employee has 2 duties :

1) Get all gamers addicted to FP eye-candy clickfests.

2) Increase the FP eye-candy clickfest dosage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom