Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do you plan to do when Skyrim comes out?

What will you do?

• Buy it: I enjoy hiking simulators/aRPGs/etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirate it: Todd won't have my money.

• Ignore it: fuck Bethesda and fuck you for asking DrogFuckHeart!

• Eat it: I'm hungry (kc).

• Total voters

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
When Skyrim comes out this year (11/11/11 IIRC) and the inevitable topics flood this site, what will you likely do when it comes out?

I may get it but before I do, I'll wait for the codex to determine the level of shit it is. If it's considered at least better than Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I might give it a try. It may not be an RPG but I've always enjoyed the style of games Bethesda has made even though Oblivion was major :decline:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Buy it at 75% off if it turns out to be half-way decent... which is unlikely.

larpingdude18

Educated
i pre-ordered it months ago!
pixel_image_87.gif

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Masturbate furiously while playing it and then come post here what a shit game it is - so much so that it makes Oblivion look awesome in comparison.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Is the date 11/11/11 a new level of dumbing down, where they picked that date on purpose so that both kwans and non-kwans can understand it's November 11th?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
racofer said:
Is the date 11/11/11 a new level of dumbing down, where they picked that date on purpose so that both kwans and non-kwans can understand it's November 11th?

Yup. They want people to remember it. :smug:

Lunac

Arcane
11/11/11? Wishful thinking. Watch it get it delayed. Morrowind was delayed half a dozen times, from mid to late 2001, then it finally released in early 2002. Well, it was nearly middle of 2002 (early May as I recall). Similar thing happened to Oblivion.

As for the game itself? I'll do what I do with any other shit console game, like Halo, GoW or whatever other popamole title, ignore it.

MMXI

Arcane
On 11/11/11 I'll be playing some obscure DOS game that is guaranteed to be better than anything Bethesda has produced.

:smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MMXI said:
On 11/11/11 I'll be playing some obscure DOS game that is guaranteed to be better than anything Bethesda has produced.
What I'll do is start an epic run of Redguard, Battlespire, Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind. In that order.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Check a few reviews, wait for Kodex Kritial Konsensus to accrue. If closer to New Vegas than Oblivion, might pirate. But that's about as likely as Renault winning Le Mans.

Multi-headed Cow

Probably gonna buy it. If I don't buy it, definitely gonna pirate. Don't mind Bethesda derp much since I enjoy their open world fuck around games for the most part. Most likely won't be level scaled to fuck like Oblivion was since they mostly handled that better in Fallout 3, but they could always fuck something else up.

Still, might end up pirating to dick around with it early on, then buy later during a Steam sale and hopefully some choice rape mods have been released.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I doubt I'll buy it right off the bat unless there is actually a decent collector's edition (I doubt it), but I'll probably grab it either when there's a GOTY version or a sale that brings it into the $20-30 range. I'm sure it'll be stupid fun, nothing more and nothing less, albeit probably made better via mods as always.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom