Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do you plan to do when Skyrim comes out?

What will you do?

• Buy it: I enjoy hiking simulators/aRPGs/etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirate it: Todd won't have my money.

• Ignore it: fuck Bethesda and fuck you for asking DrogFuckHeart!

• Eat it: I'm hungry (kc).

• Total voters

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
ITT:
The root of the :decline: .

If I had my way I'd have all of ya shot.
:rpgcodex:
You're not fooling anyone. Skyrim has dragons. Skyrim never runs out of dragons.

Admit it, you've already preordered it :smug:

I'm just joking. No female PA please.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
If I have a new laptop (using a years old inspirion 6400...) I'll pirate it.

If I have the same laptop, I'll gamefly it for lulzbox. Not like playing it on the PC is going to be any better since it's made for consoles.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Sceptic said:
You're not fooling anyone. Skyrim has dragons. Skyrim never runs out of dragons.

that is how much draq hates skyrim

infinite dragons is not enough for him to like it

in fact it probably makes him angrier that these infinite dragons aren't in a better game

sgc_meltdown said:
Sceptic said:

that is how much draq hates skyrim

infinite dragons is not enough for him to like it

in fact it probably makes him angrier that these infinite dragons aren't in a better game

Well, the game is about slaying dragons. It's like giving Ethnic Cleansing to minorities and wondering why didn't they like it, even with the infinite jews and blacks in the game

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
I wonder if I would see eye to eye with DraQ if Pool of Radiance 2 would have become a commercial hit. Us Goldbox/Forgotten Realms fans took it in the tail a lot harder than the Scrolls folks.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'll be playing AoD and not giving a fuck about Skyrim.

...it'll have been released by that time, right? Right?

Monkeybiscuit

Novice
I'll buy it. I would pirate it out of spite, but my computer wont run it as well as I'd like it to.

Yeah I'm pathetic.

Also I love this place cause you can admit to pirating shit without being banned <3

Hobo Elf

Arcane
DraQ said:
Hobo Elf said:
Started replaying Morrowind recently and that has caused me to be a little bit hyped for Skyrim.
Replay oblivion for definite de-hyping.

I'll probably have to do that. It'll save me the emotional anguish of the game being iinevitably crap.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Expecting it to be worthless, so my approach will be: wait and read the few constructive opinions that'll be posted here that aren't "hurrrrrk dongs codex is fukkin shit for playin this faggetry fuk i hate the codex" or "horf durr banal shit boring", give it a torrent if the consensus is that the combat is remotely entertaining or the lore/exploration is well-done and ignore it otherwise.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm not one to jump on the shit/banal/boring train but there's really nothing I've seen in the previews or Q&A's from Bethesda that leads me to believe it is anything other than a prettier version of Oblivion. The say the dungeons will be better and not the generic crap they were in Oblivion but level-scaling (yes even the Fallout 3/NV level scaling ruins the game) still obsoletes that. So maybe you won't be able to kill a deathclaw... er... dragon at level one but chances are that's the only enemy that will prove difficult.

Monkeybiscuit

Novice
Metro said:
I'm not one to jump on the shit/banal/boring train but there's really nothing I've seen in the previews or Q&A's from Bethesda that leads me to believe it is anything other than a prettier version of Oblivion. The say the dungeons will be better and not the generic crap they were in Oblivion but level-scaling (yes even the Fallout 3/NV level scaling ruins the game) still obsoletes that. So maybe you won't be able to kill a deathclaw... er... dragon at level one but chances are that's the only enemy that will prove difficult.

Yeah another Bethesda game where you have to run around in your underpants brandishing an iron sword to try and remotely squeeze out any level of challenge, after your character levels up and becomes insanely overpowered.

Hooray for self imposed limits to get around badly balanced game mechanics!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haven't bought a new game since doom3. And that was to play the darkmod (good investment).

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPENE YOU GAGGOTS WILL BE PLAYING THIS WITH SKYWAYS LOLLOLOL SHITTY TASTE SHITTY DECLINE HIPPOCRITES FAGGOTS EATING FAGGOT SHIT AND FAGGOT MAKING FAGOGPBWEFK;BWFN

RoboHobo

Novice
Planning on reading the massive wave of reviewer derp that other codexers will locate shortly after release.

Will probably pirate after the first few patches, since I do enjoy hiking sims with RPG elements and bethesda's idea of QA is "does it compile?".

If it manages to be substantially better than Oblivion (not exactly a high hurdlel) I might eventually buy it once its less than $10.

Angthoron

Arcane
DraQ said:
ITT:
The root of the :decline: .

If I had my way I'd have all of ya shot.
:rpgcodex:

So ya, thought ya
Might like to go to the show.
To feel that warm thrill of confusion,
That space cadet glow.
I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel
And they sent us along as a surrogate band
We're gonna find out where you folks really stand.
Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
Get them up against the wall!
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,
Get him up against the wall!
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint,
And another with spots!
If I had my way,
I'd have all of you shot!

It's like Pink Floyd had this song about the Codex all along.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've never played an Elder Scrolls game in my life, and I'm not going to start it now. I'd rather replay Gothic 1-2.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Spent 50 bucks on Fallout 3, that lasted all of 2 hours.

Never again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom