Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck... (DA2)

Quilty

Magister
I didn't see that until now. Holy shit that looks bad. :lol:

relootz

Scholar
Luzur said:
they made it into Final Fantasy, big swords and all.

Exactly what i though.

Jezus fucking christ. Instead of improving the first game which was a pretty good game, they have gone full retard.

Just replay Planescape Torment i guess.

Ancient

Erudite
they explained that's basically cinematic god mode is demonstrated

Oh? Well, if I'd known that, I would have posted this sooner, and totally not made it up on the fly. At all. ;)

Exaggerated Protagonist

During exaggerated sequences of the game, characters under the influence of this effect enjoy a signifcant boost to his damage, as well as his/her accuracy. His hits are also treated as having a multiplier to the "force" attribute, which silently calculates the odds of a creature receiving and applying a knock back or knockdown effect as a result of a hit. Treat all criticals as "spectacular deaths" (66) and do not roll on the critical hit table when determining results.

For all intents and purposes, all encounters involving the idealized protqagonist (as detailed in Varric's Complete Guide to Protagonistic Exaggeration (Vol.2 with the August 17th Errata)), should be treated as challenge level zero, and no loot or experience should be awarded. Upon the removal of the Exaggerated Protagonist effect, resume challenge calculations as normal, and strip all bonuses based on the Exaggerated Protagonist effect immediately, while reinstating normal loot, experience and character progression mechanics.

Note to DMs: the Exaggerated Protagonist effect can be a powerful storytelling tool, and can be especially useful for highlighting improvements on the delay between the order-issuance and order-completion phases of combat (as introduced in edition 2 of the core rules).

It should be used sparingly, however, as overuse of Exaggerated Protagonist will typically result in detachment from the character's typical progression mechanics, potentially resulting in disengagement on the part of your players. For DMs working with the rules outlined in Frame Narratives ed. 2, it's recommended that you review the section on alternate storytelling techniques and employ a variety when designing your campaign in order to keep your players both engaged and posting on your forums while trying to discern is this section of the effect's description is actually valid, or simply you messing with their heads.

So it's actually incline if they will make it look more epic and movements smoother :thumbsup:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's not like the first DA was much better than this. This is pretty much the action equivalent to the first games RPG combat.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Destroid said:
Isn't this the same as The Witcher?

^ moran detected. Whiskey Wolf, Draq, Darth Roxor... you know what to do with him (wiecie co z nim zrobic ;) )

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ed123 said:
First DA1's combat would have been okay if they'd followed the BG2 formula and not just thrown hundreds of the same fucking enemies at you over and over again for every level of every dungeon.

And written a proper manual.

God fuckin this.

Destroid

Arcane
Mrowak said:
Destroid said:
Isn't this the same as The Witcher?

^ moran detected. Whiskey Wolf, Draq, Darth Roxor... you know what to do with him (wiecie co z nim zrobic ;) )

I've never played The Witcher or Dragon Age, but from watching a few videos the combat system in The Witcher looks very similar to this. I'm wrong I take it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom