Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck... (DA2)

DraQ

Arcane
Destroid said:
Mrowak said:
Destroid said:
Isn't this the same as The Witcher?

^ moran detected. Whiskey Wolf, Draq, Darth Roxor... you know what to do with him (wiecie co z nim zrobic ;) )

I've never played The Witcher or Dragon Age, but from watching a few videos the combat system in The Witcher looks very similar to this.
Nope. The combat in Witcher is shoddy, but doesn't radiate this manner of horrible retardation.

Quilty

Magister
Destroid said:
Isn't this the same as The Witcher?

No, but to be honest, Witcher's combat looks eerily similar to this. However, it had a slightly stronger element of tactics and preparation for battles, which is why I think it's a cool, though flawed, system.

Now, if DA2's combat is really just button mashing, then that's...wow. :lol:

Guess beefing up your mage and owning everything was too complex.

Archibald

Arcane
There where some posts that party member moving at slightly different spead are bad/too complex.

Quilty

Magister
DraQ said:
I'd also say that Witcher combat at least actually looks pretty good even if it plays dull.

Oh, definitely. I was actually impressed with how fluid the motions of the character were, and how well it all ran on my rig after the patch.

Have to say that despite all of Witcher's shortcomings, and all the times it made me go FUUU-, it somehow always managed to pull something off that made me forgive its flaws. The atmosphere, the world, the alchemy and learning about the types of beasts, the whole emphasis on depravity and the dark side of life, it was grittiness done well for once.

Cenobyte

Prophet
EA/Bioware is apparently very busy trying to remove this video from the internet. The youtube link and the original gametrailers link are both dead now.

Seems like this leak didn't went as planned for the propaganda and hype machinery :lol:

Stabwound

Arcane
Haha, who posted the youtube video? It says it was removed by the user, was it Bioware?

waywardOne

Arcane
hopefully someone had it cached and we can flood it back into the interwebs. EA/BW need a few weeks to figure out how to spin this before commenting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom