Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite Mass Effect 2 class?

My favorite ME2 class is:

• Adept.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Engineer.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Infiltrator.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sentinel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soldier.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Vanguard.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

racofer

Thread Incliner
I have had the most fun playing as an Adept. Although the class has some issues early on on insanity and shields can be an annoyance without a squad prepared to take them out, the Adept can use the environment like no other for his/her advantage. Throwing enemies off chasms, slamming them against the wall or simply casting singularity for crowd control makes the Adept a very varied class to play.

The only class I still haven't played is the Sentinel. Something about that class doesn't quite appeal to me and I don't know why. Has anyone that played a Sentinel here be willing to share some insight?

Discuss!!

20 Eyes

Liturgist
I liked Vanguard in the first one and Soldier in the second one.

Shepherd's personality just doesn't go with not carrying a big gun.

Project: Eternity
racofer said:
The only class I still haven't played is the Sentinel. Something about that class doesn't quite appeal to me and I don't know why. Has anyone that played a Sentinel here be willing to share some insight?

Sentinel is pretty lame unfortunately, the tech armor power on this class is just not that interesting and pretty useless on Insanity I felt. Along with the Engineer and his drone I'd say these are the most boring classes.

As for fun, Vanguard was a bit hard to get used to but it gave a unique game experience. Infiltrator is also nice, but for me the prize goes to Vanguard due to the "whoa!" factor.

J1M

Arcane
Mass Effect combat was pretty terrible all around but I enjoyed using the Tech/Weapon class (infiltrator?) in ME1 because I ignored the sniper rifle and got all of those rechargeable grenades.

I'd literally just run straight into combat tossing grenades and when I got near whatever was left would activate the pistol berserk thing and go Jack Bauer on them.

Couldn't find an analogous class in ME2. Being forced to pop the moles was annoying and Vanguard with the charge skill was the closest thing to being able to break that mold.

(My first class choice was actually engineer because I wanted the cool virtual shields the NPCs had and was hoping to use the omnitool as a weapon but to my chagrin the retards at bioware put a rapidly flickering texture over my entire character instead of the tech armor the NPCs had...)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Vanguard

FUUUYEEAAHH-.png

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vanguard, for the sheer hilarity of Charge. Fuck cover, I'm going to melee shit to death.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I only ever played the one class in my one and only playthrough. Think it was the 'sniper' one, don't remember the official term. I had assumed that if there is a sniper class, then it would mean that the locations would really take advantage of it. How wrong I was...Couldn't be bothered starting up again though so it remained my class from start to finish.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
In ME1 Vanguards were killing machines. In ME2 the derp was strong with them. When I say derp I mean Charge.

edit: Just to be clear. When I say Charge I mean Force Leap.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I kind of like the Soldier, in that I can shoot the fuck out of everything (and also use squad incendiary Ammo), Miranda can strip shields/armor then Samara lifts the fuckers into the air. MASS EFFECT!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Mass Effect 2.
Sentinel with Assault Armor and Energy Drain on Insanity.
Game is cakewalk, just put your armor up and use drain whenever enemies get it low, if they punch through it the shockwave will either kill them or knock them down. Then put it back up, and repeat.

Mystary!

Arcane
I liked sentinel because they got something for every situation, warp and overload for armor and shields and the armor looks kinda cool. But then I tried Infiltrator and it instantly became my favourite. They have a free, unlimited use bullet time whenever they aim a sniper rifle. Meaning you will never ever miss a head shot again, making shields and armor strip down incredible fast. And the invisibilty cloak is the best "OH CRAP!" spell there is.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BROS MY FAVOURITE CLASS IS A BLUE SKINNED SEXLESS WOMAN WITH BIG TITS THAT FUCKS EVERYTHING IN HER SIGHT BECAUSE THIS IS LIKE THESE STRANGE, AMAZING AND MYSTERIOUS CREATURES BREED.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom