Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your play-style regarding morality ?

Preferred karma/reputation

• Goody lil two-shoes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good naive fag

• Kind hearted

• Neutral or being yourself

• Occasional bastard

• Evil prick

• Very evil satanist/pedophile/grandma rapist

• kingcomrade

• Total voters
I remember the first time I played tabletop VtM (it was a medieval one, not the present day version. Requiem, I guess). Five minutes after finishing our group character sheets, we had already robbed a shopkeeper and crucified his body on the door of his shop.

That was a short campaign.

When playing a single player game, I'll naturally gravitate towards goodie two-shoes, but this ocasionally leads to some disturbing outcomes - killing the guards because they're on the way or something to that effect, where I rationalize horrible shit because of a supposedly "good" objective. That's probably worse than playing a straight-up evil guy.

Ancient

Erudite
Witcher is good game at making you almost never to know what you do good or bad

1eyedking :love:

deuxhero

Arcane
I would like to play a selfish character than isn't actively malicious, but so very few game offer this and a good chunk only let you act stupid evil and don't have a satisfying evil path and instead just close off half the game (I like Mask of The Betrayer at lot in this regard, The Sith Lords wasn't bad at it either. The Witcher gets props for dropping the halo robe and twirling mustache gig entirely with everything being "good" from one point of view.)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I usually play the righteous protector of the innocent and the weak on my first playthrough. Enough shit in real life to want to do the same thing in a game. Though of course I like to try out bad options for the fun. Only second time around I tend to play a 'bad' character. It's harder in more ambiguous games like The Witcher where all options are valid from the start more or less. Even then I try to not kill everything if I can help it at first.

visions

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I remember the first time I played tabletop VtM (it was a medieval one, not the present day version. Requiem, I guess). Five minutes after finishing our group character sheets, we had already robbed a shopkeeper and crucified his body on the door of his shop.

That was a short campaign.

Yeah, playing an evil motherfucker in D&D was a lot of fun for me and always provided much lulz for everyone involved. We used Ravenloft as the setting. Haven't played any PnP in sth like 4 years though.

In crpg's nowadays I'm mostly being more or less myself, smth like chaotic neutral or chaotic good in D&D terms I guess. I steal everything I want when the game doesn't react to it in any meaningful manner though, rationalizing that the developers clearly intended me to take everything lying around that I want, otherwise they would have penalized me for doing it in plain sight.

Miew said:
By the way, I wonder: How many of you have returned to Shady Sands to slaughter the whole village later?

I didn't but I slaughtered the whole Steadwick in MM 7 with both my good and evil party for fun. With my evil party I killed every living thing on the map there.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember the first time I played fallout (I was 7 or so at the time, I couldn't read or speak English (not my first language)). I didn't know any of the controls, I didn't even know how to play. As far as I knew, all you could do was punch things and move around. In spite of this handicap, I managed to butcher absolutely everyone in Shady Sands.

Nex said:
Goody lil two-shoes.

I sometimes try to play evil characters but when I come to a choice I can't bring myself to do it.

Once I've learned how to actually play these games, I've been in those exact same shoes (pun not intended) while replaying classics. I've lost count of how many times I've completed Fallout, Fallout 2 and Arcanum, as a good character each and every time no less. Hell I haven't even done a retarded playthrough, it has always been an intellectual goody two shoes.
Though... with plenty of "modern RPGs", (oblivion and fallout 3 come to mind) the only fun thing to do is to kill everyone.
Does this make me a hypocrite I wonder?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
The most murderous route. Kill the good guys, kill the bad guys, who cares, just as long as the money and experience keep coming.

Is the most important aspect for you the first or the last? If last, what do you do in situations where non-violent behaviour provides you the best loot and experience?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm ashamed to say that most of the time I am a complete moralfag.

Grunker said:
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
The most murderous route. Kill the good guys, kill the bad guys, who cares, just as long as the money and experience keep coming.

Is the most important aspect for you the first or the last? If last, what do you do in situations where non-violent behaviour provides you the best loot and experience?

Often kill them anyway, after all I play many of these games because killing is funny.

Dantus12

Educated
Goody lil two-shoes.
I feel that I failed the task when trying to be evil.

It depends. I'm usually being myself but I'm sociopathic so I tend to drift somewhere between neutral & chaotic but not exactly evil. I just use bitches for sex or some shit in return for saving their husband and pop cats if they piss me off. Even if they're in the right.
In other words. I act like a Samurai before the bushido code was created.
(Fucking assholes who kills & fucks whatever they want.)

I basically roleplay according to what character I'm playing.
For example if I'm playing Fallout 2 as a 17 year old woman. I try not to get into any fights as hot 17 year old jail bait and try to fuck my way to the top just like a real life hot piece of 17 year old trash would, lol.

If it's a normal more combat driven rpg then I usually go with whomever has the most badass classes. Ex.True good get to be paladins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom