Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Which RPG Should I Play Next #4: Episode 1

Which one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Don't talk shit about my boy Joseph

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Yeah? So?? That's you talk to npcs. It's like in everquest when an npc would say [something] to you, you don't write a whole sentence out like a weirdo you just write "Something?" and if that doesn't work you write "What something?" "Who something?" "Tell me about something?".

Now you're worrying me that in summoner 2 good ol' Joe gets replaced by some sassy chick with a major case of diarrhea of the mouth.

Lemming42

Arcane
Maia's still pretty concise in her dialogue from what I remember, she's just way funnier and also has more drive and proactivity than Joseph, who was HELPLESS before the demands of any NPC he met. People would be like "hey, I have a sidequest for you, can you put your head in this bucket of feces" and he'd be like "Feces?" before dunking his whole face in.

Flece was the real hero of Summoner anyway, surely. The game even stops pretending during that one bit and outright removes Joseph to let you go solo as Flece.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Oh god, you mean the worst part in the game where I had to kick 50 guards to death? Don't remind me about that man, it's bad for my blood pressure. Second worst part was the poison swamp which was worse than any poison swamp miyazaki could cook up.

Lemming42

Arcane
Oh god, you mean the worst part in the game where I had to kick 50 guards to death?
What about the Trip + Backstab combo? 1000+ damage per hit!

Second worst part was the poison swamp which was worse than any poison swamp miyazaki could cook up.
Jesus, I'd forgotten about this but it just all came back to me. The "epic" battle against the soldiers at the end too - "oh no, it looks like four more soldiers are on their way!"

jaekl

Educated
Patron
What about the Trip + Backstab combo? 1000+ damage per hit!
I didn't know about that then, she was crappy and died a lot so I put all her points in bows and lockpicking and let the AI use her until that part. Used a lot of potions.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I don't know if World of Darkness™ is your thing or not (I love that setting), but what I liked is how Troika approached this setting and mechanics in Bloodlines as a cRPG.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I need the people who voted for Vampire to explain themselves to me. Right fucken now.
#5 best RPG according to Codex :smug:

I guess no one who voted for it warned you about what to expect. I did , but as always, I'm looked down upon by the Canucks for being a third worlder.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I need the people who voted for Vampire to explain themselves to me. Right fucken now.
#5 best RPG according to Codex :smug:

I guess no one who voted for it warned you about what to expect. I did , but as always, I'm looked down upon by the Canucks for being a third worlder.
You were being way too nice and polite about how trash it is though, which means you're pretty much a domestic canadian now. Congratulations buddy.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Bloodlines is like if Polacks tried to make Deus Ex, but set in WoD. It has wonderful aesthetics and atmosphere, and some great build reactivity in places. It's not a game you play for its gameplay.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Oh it's polish, maybe the writing is less putrid in their language and the translation is just retarded?

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Cause it was like

"Hey buddy, BAD NEWS pal, but you're a vampire now, a herald of life's darkest treacheries, but I'm bout ta show you the ropes"
1. What tha christcakes?!
2. A v-v-v-v VAMPIRE?! Seriously brosef?!
3. Geeze louise, talk about a rude awakening!!

behold_a_man

Educated
Cause it was like

"Hey buddy, BAD NEWS pal, but you're a vampire now, a herald of life's darkest treacheries, but I'm bout ta show you the ropes"
What did you expect from a game portraying the nightly struggles of Californians? Sobriety?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cause it was like

nicolas-cage.gif

jaekl

Educated
Patron
This is the play order as voted by our beloved community

2. ATOM RPG
3. Knights of the Chalice
4. Caves of Lore
5. Death Knights of Krynn
6. Dungeon Rats
7. Solasta
8. Nox
9. Black Geyser
10. Inquisitor
11. Planet Alcatraz
12. Summoner 2
13. Crusader: No Regret
14. Space Wreck
15. The Thing
16. Tyranny
17. Soulbringer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom