Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Whom did you side with in NV?

CrimHead

Scholar
mondblut said:
TES Codex

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OwlOut.jpg

No.

roll-a-die

Magister
I am for an independent New Vegas(Wild Card ending), NCR are idiots with a shitty bureaucracy and the Legions are absolutely inhuman/e, I shall install my self as the charismatic dictator with an army of obedient robots.

Felix

Arcane
Too bad Yes Man won't be Yes Man anymore. Independent mean leaving every area outside the Strip defenseless.

roll-a-die

Magister
Felix said:
Too bad Yes Man won't be Yes Man anymore. Independent mean leaving every area outside the Strip defenseless.
If you eliminate most of the threats(Powder Gangers, Fiends, Legion, NCR themselves, Kings, etc), it's probably better off than the NCR territory, given the stories some of the NCR Rangers tell.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Uh. It's not that simple. Your robots may be able to achieve a good kill ratio, but hardly sufficient to cover the whole Mojave area. I think the Independent ending explicitly states without the NCR, a lot of the area suffered from anarchy (lack of standing garrison etc), as a result several weak factions like the Followers won't last long and Brotherhood of Steel can resurrect themselves.

roll-a-die

Magister
RK47 said:
Uh. It's not that simple. Your robots may be able to achieve a good kill ratio, but hardly sufficient to cover the whole Mojave area. I think the Independent ending explicitly states without the NCR, a lot of the area suffered from anarchy (lack of standing garrison etc), as a result several weak factions like the Followers won't last long and Brotherhood of Steel can resurrect themselves.
Fuck I killed the entire brotherhood stronghold(Much rage was had at those fucking turrets that must have had 10,000 HP and 50 DT given it took 50 armor piercers from the Anti Material rifle just to take one down), the rest are said to have gone back west seeking other chapters, or headed into the wastes and given up the whole brotherhooding thing.

As far as a standing army and defending the wastes. Yeah, I could do that easy. Given how much shit I picked up, by the end of the game I had in storage, 50 suits of power armor, give or take and in various flavors, 45 anti-materiel rifles, 20 recon armors, 30 reinforced(level 1 and 2) combat armor, 100 or so suits of legion armor, that could be repurposed, 20 balistic fists, 10 displacer fists, 200 machetes, 150 sniper rifles, 500 hunting rifles, 500 or so automatic weapons of various calibers, 100 supersledges, 500 or so side arms in various calibers, more explosives than you would ever want shake a stick near. I also had, a first recon sniper, an enclave scientist, a brotherhood scout and former scribe, a 234 year old ghoul with all those years of experience, the Daughter of Cassidy and all of them would probably be willing to pass their skills.

Black

Arcane
Why did you bother killing them one by one and not just self-destructing it?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was a bit disappointed that Yes Man would only ignore factions and couldn't be told to recruit defend or destroy, and also I helped Benny escape from Caesar hoping he would weasel his way back somehow to fuck me over toward the end, but he's true to his word and disappears :/

roll-a-die

Magister
Black said:
Why did you bother killing them one by one and not just self-destructing it?
Because I was bored and wanted to fuck around, I self destructed it, after I had looted all their bodies and brought the loot to the spire/lucky 38 for storage.

EDIT: also being in inidia seems to be letting me keep a normal schedule, it's currently 8:40 here, so I wake up at five play for 5 hours, work/travel to and from villages doing inspections, and surgeries if it's required for 8 hours, then hop on back on the train and play for a further 4 hours before sleeping for 6 hours. I'm almost going to be sad leaving, but I'm going home in 3 days, at which point it should be 2 day's till I update my LP, with the knowledge that I am nearly completely tax free this year.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
racofer said:
I personally sided with Caesar's Legion since my character was very mean towards everyone. I didn't take shit from anyone did a sort of "renegade" playthrough my second time around, so Legion sort of seemed like the "right choice", although what I really wanted was to blow the entire desert to hell and screw everyone in the process.
/

Ha, I've got two games running atm - one in which my character is "good" and most points in non-combat skills and doing all the cool "RPG" stuff. In the other game my PC is exactly as you describe - blowing the entire desert to hell - Guns 10, Stealth 10, Strength 9, rest 2.

I load up the second game when I get bored with doing the right thing and just wanna go on a rampage :smug:

EDIT: Naturally not siding with anybody in that game - by the time I leave the area every living thing is dead, even the plants (yep, robots too - by by Vic) . First game sided with NCR.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Iam siding with NCR on my first playthrough.

Iam a bit disappointed that there are very few skirmishes between NCR and Legion. I hoped for a few more battles as in Nelson and even that one felt a bit too small.

Tycn

Savant
Sided with Yes Man. I was disappointed that there wasn't option to consolidate your army with that of one of the major factions, instead you had to remain independent. High point of the ending was definitely the B-29 making a pass, the actual fights were rather underwhelming.

Eyeball

Arcane
Just finished my first playthrough after 63 hours - initially sided with Mr. House because he seemed to be the only guy to have the best interests of the locals at heart, then once he asked me to blow up the poor ol' Brotherhood, I turned against him and sided with Yes-Man.

I thought the very endgame was pretty cool, actually - I met with the Legion guy, convinced him with a 90% speech check that the NCR was leading him into a trap and that Caesar had set him up to die like The Burned Man. The the NCR general walks up to congratulate me, only to have me tell him to get the fuck off Vegas territory, backed up by 200 Securitrons, requiring a 100% speech check, only one in the game, as far as I could see. I thought the entire "lone nobody enters the Mojave, ends up fucking over the two greatest post-apocalyptic armies in existence and ruling Vegas" angle was pulled off pretty well.

Cool ending slides, too - and from looking at http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout%3 ... as_endings , there's a fuckload more endings possible for more factions than in any of the previous games, making NV, weirdly enough, the most complex FO game to date not to mention the largest. This game is FUCKING huge, the map being smaller than FO3s is extremely deceptive.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I eliminated the Legion choice from contention early and went with House / Yes Man / NCR in parallel. In fact, I was in doubt whether to side with House or go for the Yes Man ending, with House option slightly leading, as I felt that House, though arrogant ad self absorbed, had a vision and the means to fulfill it. However, after being made a member of the BOS and given Power Armor, I wasn't able to stab them in the back, so I stabbed House in the back instead. From then on I went with the Yes Man option, keeping the NCR option in reserve. During the final battle NCR treated me as an ally. I resolved both final conflicts using diplomacy.

My 2nd playthrough is on the way, and I'm inclned to side with the Legion this time, but we'll see.

dr. one

Augur
tried to play for all sides as far as i could, then i finally decided to solve the Forlorn Hope - Nelson situation, one thing led to another and we´re killing Caesar with Boone, then succumbed to pressure from Yes Man and NCR and dispatched House, installed Yes Man, with the exception of Khans whom i convinced to leave got all minor factions on my/NCR side, going with both NCR and Yes Man was still possible by then, in the end went with NCR.

couldn´t resist, reloaded and tried the Yes Man ending as well.

though not exceptional, endgame was pretty solid and sufficiently different for both sides.
ending slides were satisfying and for once reflected my previous actions and overall consequences very appropriately.

started second playthrough with the intent to play viciously, double-cross NCR whenever i can and join the Legion. i´m kinda pussy though and already couldn´t force myself to side with Gangers against Goodsprings.

also, i think i´ve read somewhere that enlisting Boomers to help one faction closes the possibility to side with other ones - that was definitely not true in my playthrough, at least in regards to NCR and Yes Man.

SoupNazi

dr. one said:
also, i think i´ve read somewhere that enlisting Boomers to help one faction closes the possibility to side with other ones - that was definitely not true in my playthrough, at least in regards to NCR and Yes Man.

Probably meant NCR/Legion. Yes Man isn't really a faction, it's you working for yourself using Yes Man as a tool. He doesn't count in the faction struggle at all, and you can use him to side with either faction (i.e. using the robots through Yes Man to help either the NCR or the Legion).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
NCR.

My first character was very much the wild west sheriff type... law and order was very important to him, as was vengeance and violence. In other words I wiped out the Powder Gangers and Khans and I shot Legion on sight, because I was a ruthless law bringer and the NCR most typified my values. Spill a little blood to save a lot of lives, and make lives better. There was no negotiation with slavers, druggies and thieves.

My next character, which I will start in a week or so, will be a very "might makes right, survival of the fittest" sort of dude. I predict he will join the Legion, but I guess you never know what might look like the best fit for him in dialogue when I get there. Maybe the Legion treats me like an errand boy and Yes Man gives me the chance to make MY might prove RIGHT.

If I play it a third time I would assume I will go for someone who craves freedom above all other things, which would likely make me work with the NCR but not really like them, make me hear-out the Legion but likely not side with them, and probably go Yes Man or Mr. House, depending on what his actual intentions are (which I never found out in playthrough 1 other than "build robots and take control!").

Pablosdog

Prophet
falloutnv20101030021101.jpg

Took forever to make this guy's face. Character customization is balls.

I sided with Yes man, leaning towards NCR. I guess you could say my character was neutral, with a slight inclination towards "good" morality.

Someone told me he looks like george clooney.

SoupNazi

Shit. That's like the first face in Gamebryo that ever looked halfway decent.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Anyone found a way to get House to accept the bos? Maybe getting the bos back on its feet and aggressive towards the ncr?

Project: Eternity
I don't think it's possible. I was looking for that option as well, but decided to kill them after all after Veronica's quest ended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom