Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Whom did you side with in NV?

hoochimama

Liturgist
Should be possible, the editor shows that one of the quest stages is "Player has convinced House that the Brotherhood is valuable against the NCR." haven't bothered checking what the required steps are, but I imagine it involves the new aggressive elder and helios one.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You know what'd be a good thing? Alternate endings.

Let's say a player does the following:

He blew up the robot army.
He deactivated Mr. House.
He destroyed Yes Man.
He did not gain a single ally for NCR and failed every main faction quest that was given to him.

The final battle would be unwinnable. Well, an illusion of 'chance'. Player would have a 100 Speech check to convince General Oliver that NCR should pull back. Succeed, then you'd have to cover the NCR retreat...

Fail,and you'll fight in an unwinnable battle at Hoover Dam.

Player is basically given the objective of 'Hold the Line' in Hoover Dam finale but there was no end to it. You just kept killing waves and waves of Legion till you ran out of health OR desert your position and everything fades to black.

Either the slides tells that the Courier barely made it out alive from the Mojave or...if he stays and dies....

The player awakes, crucified in the midst of hundreds of Caesar's Legion. Now THAT would be the ultimate epic losing end than a game over screen or "You won a marginal victory" slides...

Reverse that with Caesar's Legion being totally unable to fight the NCR...you end up being captured then executed by Rangers Firing Squad along with the rest of the Legion's main commanders.

But then again, the Legion faction writing sucks dick. And they literally sucked each other dicks as well. :(

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think 4 endings is pretty admirable, especially when you consider the smaller endings for the various towns and companions as well. Sure it could have had even more permutations, but that's nit-picking really. In Fallout 3 you either poisoned the water or purified it, that's it.

UserNamer

Cipher
RK47 said:
Uh. It's not that simple. Your robots may be able to achieve a good kill ratio, but hardly sufficient to cover the whole Mojave area. I think the Independent ending explicitly states without the NCR, a lot of the area suffered from anarchy (lack of standing garrison etc), as a result several weak factions like the Followers won't last long and Brotherhood of Steel can resurrect themselves.

I did the independent ending after being a Hero the whole game, with high karma, and it didn't say anything like this. I did a lot of mission for the rangers, the followers, and people in general, and killed a lot of baddies. In my ending, the situation for the wasteland was extremely positive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom